DealExtreme.com / Usage of unethical practice towards customers

1 China Review updated:

Received a dead on arrival device from DealExtreme. Thus open a ticket to request for exchange. The CS person was not helpful, asking me to get it repaired locally and the repair fee will only be refunded if they find it reasonable. I asked why can't the item be replaced instead or refunded even. The CS person still insist on repairing locally which is when I open dispute over the transaction with them in Paypal.

After I opened dispute, the CS person suddenly asked me to send the item back to them and gave me a RMA ticket to print out. She said that the postage charge will be refunded to me together with the defective item price once they received proof of my sending. After I sent through registered mail, and gave them evidences of the shipment, they gave me this "Close dispute if you want your money back." I said "No. You can refund me through the dispute and close it yourself." and the same old "Close dispute if you want your money back."

This was when the BS began. The CS person then explained that they can't refund me the money because the transaction is being disputed, thus Paypal don't allow them to. I was of course surprised about this information as being such a long time online shopper and user of Paypal, I have never knew of such problems, and all my seller always settle and close the dispute themselves by refunding etc. I called Paypal and they advised me to escalate instead. They told me there is no such thing and warn me against closing the dispute as I may never get back my money if I close it.

I therefore escalate it and told DealExtreme about what paypal told me to tell them to do. They never do anything except the same old "Close dispute if you want your money back." That's when I replied with a "Ok. Let Paypal decide on you giving me the refund then." and I stopped responding to the ticket. Their reply was "Sorry. Why you don't trust us?"

I had goggled around to see what is the reputation on DealExtreme regarding refunding. They most seldom do. They always asked people to close dispute just to get refund and the people who did close the dispute thinking that DealExtreme can be trusted, never ever got their items nor their money back. Thus I am warning all against this type of unethical practice of DealExtreme.

Also it doesn't method you post to their forum as your post will be instantly deleted. It is amazing how their response to bad review is so fast and yet their response to tickets and refunds are so slow. Think about it if you decide to purchase from them.

Te
May 1, 2013

Comments

• Sr
      10th of Nov, 2011
    DealExtreme.com - Sell counterfeit items without making clear that is what they are doing
    Dealextreme.com
    dealextreme.com

Sell counterfeit items without making clear that is what they are doing. Offer no support if the items are seized by customs as a result. Moderate their forums so that if you point out that an item is a counterfeit the post gets deleted.

• Pa
      15th of Dec, 2011
    DealExtreme.com - Never Received My Items
    DealExtreme
    Brazil

30 days ago I placed an order of US$15.00 with dealextreme that should reach me in a week or so according to their website and never got my two items. Livechat says it is normal for this time of the year. I am afraid this is a fraudulent company. My order nº RA099413359CN

• Mp
      16th of Nov, 2012
    DealExtreme.com - DEALEXTREME CHEATING
    Greece
    dealextreme.com

I am waiting from 24/8/2012 for my order.

Until now I have not received anything.

Paypal can not help me because i did not inform them 45 days after the payment.

I lost my money...

• Be
      1st of May, 2013

.have you ordered from wagpual?a good outdoor goods suppier and led strip manafactuer.www.wagpual.com.I ordered there three years!

• Te
      2nd of May, 2013

I believe any website who hires people to spam the boards are as lousy as DealExtreme. Thus I will advise people not to go to such a website too.

8th of May, 2014

I have ordered and paid for products already in January this year. They still did not deliver the product and refuse to refund me. They do not help you on their chat or ticket services. They take your money and you will never see your order or your money again. Every time I contact them they want me to wait another couple of weeks.