Davison Inventegration / rip off

Davison Design, had a great Idea, they cheered me on, I sent them more money that I would like to admit, my Idea turned out that they coppied a product that was already out there and just added a small change. After two presentations to Industry they began asking me for $300.00 plus for each presentation. I asked them to send me the product, it took them 2 months after calling every week. It finally came and I almost went through the roof to find out it was a copy of a product that already existed. I am out about $12, 000.00 with nothing but an item I could have bought for $30.00. This Company should be shut down and all the people that got screwed by this Company should be re-payed.

Ia

Comments

• Fo
      18th of Sep, 2009

And you are surprised because...?

Didn't you Google this company before sending money? Are you that foolish?
    I worked there in sales for years and everyone in our department prayed that potential victims/customers wouldn't do their homework. If you did, we had specific management approved training on what to say to you in rebuttal, such as "well mr. customer, Wal Mart gets sued ten times per day but you still shop there." It was all part of the whole, big plan...to get you to part with your money. When we received your confirmation pick up number from the courier company (it used to be DHL), we would hi-five and count that money for our commission. Yeah, we would call you all exited-like and tell you that your product had "officially been transferred to the design department", but it was all bull. Sorry for your financial loss, but what did you expect?did you visit the facility? Meet your "Director of New Products"?, who I'm sure was another pimple faced 22 year old former Chem Lawn representative with a high school diploma and hardly a candidate for a corporate directors position that would require at least a MA in Engineering.

• Gl
      6th of Apr, 2010

I am a FORMER Davison employee! DO NOT GO to them!!! Not only do they lie to the consumers but the lie to the employees!!! Either way everyone gets ripped off! While i worked there i can not even begin to tell you how many employess they went through while i was there the short time i was. Its all a script they read the same one to everyone! and no matter what you tell them about the BBB or the [redacted] theyll just bs theyre way around it. They taught me how when i worked there!! Whatever you do do not give them a dime...and dont work there either haha.

• Co
      24th of Jun, 2010

we all need to get to gerther & put this man in prison & get what we desevre, sincerly, colleen hastings

• Ne
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development. PLEASE - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL YOU BACK!

• In
      3rd of Dec, 2010

The employees at Davison don't give 2 [censored]'s about your invention. The salesman (director) is just making a commission, the designer is just making a per-project commission passing your idea to the guy in China who works on your engineering and graphics and has no idea what's going on, and you just get a crappy end product. Oh ya..the China people...they never tell you that part do they. LOL.

• In
      3rd of Dec, 2010

This place is not so much as a scam, but more of a misleading parasite. They don't tell you that they send your idea to China for development. They don't tell you that the director/salesmen makes a commission on your idea...don't tell you that the so-called designer gets paid on a commission to hurry though your idea...your whole invention idea is just a hamburger to be flipped for someone's paycheck. Your life's dream is just someone's hamburger. Sorry. I used to work there. It sucks. Do your research before buying. If you spend the money, it's your fault, plain and simple. Sorry.

• Da
      3rd of Dec, 2010

We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

CCA

• 54
      10th of Dec, 2010

Davison compared themselves to IDEO and Frog. That's very funny. Dealing with Davison was now worth it, I just had to wait for the punch line, perfect timing, great delivery. I'll be waiting for the "Chief Consumer Advocate" on Comedy Central. Great stuff, keep it up. Hey, I bet IDEO is going to model the Inventegration process, you can use that one if you want.