Damelin Education Group / I will never study at damelin in the future

I am a full time student at Damelin I am currently enrolled for a Certificate in Event Management. Before I enrolled for the course last year when they sold the programme to me I was advised that I will receive course material which means all text book only to find when I get there on my first day I have to buy my own books. The computers at skool a full of virueses in our so called media centrelibray which is as small as my bedroom, students have complained 10000 times and nothing was done as a result my laptop crashed after I put in my memory stick that I used on the school's computers and to repair my laptop it cost me thousands of rands. What is the point of having a facility when u cant use them. We are suppose to be a private college and we not getting value for money that is for sure. I have studyed and private schools and other Goverment organasations like DUT paid less then half of what I pay at Damelin and still received far better service then at Damelin. I willl never recommed Damelin to any of my friend and family I am mad and very unhappy at Damelin cant wait for the year to be over so I can leave.

En

Comments

• Kl
      Feb 11, 2011
    Damelin Education Group - Over a year with no books and no response
    Damelin Education Group

On first registering for my diploma, I was sent a few books short. They were due to be sent on back order. After numerous calls and logging of complaints, I was told they had been sent. They, to date, had still not been received. I have now been sent an exam registration form. I have already told the company that as I paid for a full set of books, I will not be starting my 2 year course until all is sent as per contract. I was told this would be possible. I asked for it in writing. So far, so bad. The website is not user friendly - logging on is a joke.

I would simply like to know what is going on. I have had no response. Today I was on the phone for 2 hours listening to canned music. The only humans seem to be switchboard. I am determined to get a full set of books and a reply. Cape Town tells me the head office is now in Jhb. Jhb tells me a completely different story. I need someone who knows what is going on to phone me as soon as possible with an answer, not a promise to return my call.
    The exam centre call line is a total joke.