Damelin Collegerefund

S Review updated:

I applied for a course with damlein about 4months ago. After I paid for the course in full they informed me that the course has been discontinued. I immediately canceled the course. till this day I still did not get my refund. I have emailed and called them numerous of times but with no luck. I tried to email these people from Damelin but non of them can help.

[protected]@damelin. edu. za,
sylvia. [protected]@dcc. edu. za,
sarena. [protected]@icg. edu. za,

RESOLVED

Kauzeni Jan 13, 2022

Damelin seem to be a college that doesn't pay parents back or refund, from 2019 they owe me 8500 and they never refunded, naomi gave 3 different dates but nothing was refunded I spoke with Naidoo he told me their not dealing with small money, I got so hurt when they were calling me for fee to be paid their forcing .I am looking forward to take legal procedures, it wasn't my son's fault that they had no that particular course.

• St
    Strongertogether Jan 18, 2022

@Kauzeni I've had the same issue with Damelin, please contact me on [protected] so that we can take this matter further together.

Gatvoel Nov 06, 2021

Seems like Damelin doesn't want to refund our money. They owe me over R19k since 2019! I call naomi every week she answers my calls except for Fridays, apparently she's never at work every Friday or she's just avoiding me. If I don't get my money by the end of November 2021 (this month) I'm taking legal action and anyone who wants to join me may contact me on [protected].

siyav Nov 21, 2021

@Gatvoel I would love to join you...i am sick and tired of all the promises they keep tellkng me knowing very well that they are taking us for fools. I applymied for my refund of R14000 in March 2019 and till today i have not received my refund. They sent me an email in May 2021 after numerous attempts of contacting them. Statjng that my schedule payment date is the 8th of October 2021. I patiently waited, came the 8 th the money was not in. I keep on contacting them every week via telephone and email just yo have paper trail as I am also considering taking legal actions againts Damelin. Gjis is really day light robbery, its very funny how they do things you know, when you did not make a payment they are to quick to call and send emails and sms about the fees. But now they gave our moneys and they are taking for ever to reimburse us why so...I believe nobody knows..
    Damelin College is pathetic with customer care and the service they promised that they are ethical and law abiding is not true. Damelin is frauding us of our moneys cause what could be the reason that there's a lot of refunds outstanding and they are taking their time to solve...i want my money. If it means that by first week of December i dont get it. I will sue the institution for a lot of things...
    If only we could come together as one and see if we take them to court won't they process the payments faster

• Je
    Jean Lockwood Dec 13, 2021

@Gatvoel Good day, I was wondering if you have had any joy yet. I too have been trying to get a refund since May, they keep giving me dates and nothing happens. Naomi was useless and now I've been dealing with a Cleavon. The COO Michael Thurley and a Wenzel Naidoo who ever he is have been copied in all my mails and neither have bothered to respond. I'm at my wits end

• Mi
    Miklas Oct 01, 2020

I have asked for cancellation of my online studies 2 months ago on multiple occasions but no luck jumping from one person to the next all just trying to convince me to continue studying.

They keep sending emails for payment, ignoring my request. Today woke up to find that they have deducted money from my account, it is so difficult to find a way around this, since even my bank cannot block the debit order always telling me that I have to resolve it with damelin.

So now in need of legal help to resolve this. The only option I know at this point is to post my discontent and the conversations I had with them on all social media platforms. It may not help me but surely will help the next oblivious student trying to register

• Di
    [email protected] Sep 30, 2020

I was also a student at damelin in 2018 doing project management up to this day still waiting for my results... I requested a refund but still nothing

Gatvoel Nov 18, 2021

@[email protected] Hi there, did you get anything? I have applied for mine last year and still haven't received my refund.

• Li
    Lizelle Jordaan Sep 15, 2020

Refund Pending from Damelin

For almost a year now we have been waiting for a refund. It has been excuse after excuse and lately your people are no longer responding to our emails and not answering our call. One would wonder if you ate our money. I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Give us our money back!!! I have no option to take this legal.

Nomaza Feb 29, 2020

I paid for a course in 2018 but it never started so I requested for my refund and still no response. This is ridiculous so I feel that politicians and department of education need to intervene in what is happening at this institution. Its hard earned money that you are robbing from us.

Simangele Skosana Feb 02, 2020

Since last year August i requested my refund still no respond . Please cancel whatever i have with Damelin and i dont have any outstanding balance with you i paid R6000 in October 2018 and the rest i paid in Feb 2019 Now you busy sending sms that i owe you guys R6000. Ive emailed documents and complint @ facebook but still no response . [protected]

Thembekile Malindisa Jan 12, 2020

I registered with damelin and before my studies commenced I canceled and received a case number of cancelation.

To my surprise I have a huge damelin bill a year later and I see it has affected my credit score.

I've called them countless times but still my name is not cleared.

• Ve
    Veerasamy Nov 19, 2019

Good morning all. I am a perent and its now over a year and we are still waiting fro results, same as all they take your money, and when you call them they make you waite, once you have them on the line they tell you the marking office will call you.I spoke to 6 different people all of them say the same yet you can scream shout even show anger but this company does not care.
    There must be a obudsman that we can go to . I cannot handle this no more .
    Student no 423620

thokozile mazibuko Nov 18, 2019

Good day,

Student number : 427004

I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING TO GET MY REFUND SINCE 04/09/2017, TILL TO DATE I HAVE NOT BEEN ASSISTED.

IT IS REALY FRUSTRATING AS NO ONE ANSWER THE CALLS, WHEN YOU SENT AN EMAIL YOU RECEIVE THE SAME OLD RESPONSE.

IF ANY ONE CAN HELP I WANT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS, I WANT MY MONEY DAMELIN.

Regards

Thokozile

Kazo Oct 30, 2019

Is there ANYWHERE OR ANYONE that can assist in suing DCC?

Thema Oct 26, 2019

Student number :141641

I've been waiting for my refund since 2017 and it's now 2019 nothing happen. I wish Government should shut down this college as they acting as criminals.IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE NEVER TRUST DCC THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOU A QUALITY EDUCATION NEVER!!!

Thema Oct 26, 2019

Student number :141641

I've been waiting for my refund since 2017 and it's 2019 nothing happen. I wish Government should shut down this college as they acting as criminals.IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IN NEVER TRUST DCC THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOU A QUALITY EDUCATION NEVER!!!

Sinqobile Ngcobo Oct 09, 2019

I've been waiting for my results since February and I cannot apply. I've been calling Damelin Correspondence College several times also sent emails but I'm not recieving any feedback

Kazo Aug 06, 2019

Hi

I am also struggling to cancel my application / registration since Feb 2019. - My contract / application was fraudulently amended by an employee from DCC and my invoice was a lot more than my quote. I keep on getting the runaround and my application is with the cancellations dept but nobody gets back to me except automated email replies -is there anywhere that i can compalin ie Carte Blache?

• Pe
    penflex Jul 10, 2019

student number: 433301

I have been calling and emailing everyday for my NSM-02 strategic management exam and assignment results which i still have not recieved. I wrote in November 2018.

Assignments were submitted in August 2018.

Can someone please assist.

• Da
    DamelinMustFall Jun 11, 2019

Hi all,

I have had the most appalling service, much like yourselves from Damelin. I paid in Full for a course (over R18, 000) only to be completely messed around from the receiving of incorrect books, to not having results from assignments from over a year ago - to nobody answering queries. I applied for a full refund about 5 months ago and received receipt of such over a month later - stating that I would have a response in 2-3 weeks - well surprise suprise - nothing has been received.

I am in the media industry - and would like to create a viral campaign against Damelin - exposing them as the 'frauds' they are - if there is anyone who is interested in joining please feel free to reach out on this post and I will provide further details. Thanks Nicole.

• Ba
    Barbara-Ann Jul 10, 2019

@DamelinMustFall Hi there Nicole, would love to join. To say that our experience with Damelin has been beyond appalling is an understatement!! Please provide details.

Christopher Du Preez Jul 31, 2019

@Barbara-Ann I would also like to join as I am still awaiting my refund on a course I paid almost R45 000 for about 4 years ago and ran into all the same problems that everyone else on this forum is complaining about.I really dont want to rant online as it will solve nothing but there must be some other way.

Kazo Aug 06, 2019

@DamelinMustFall Hi
    I wpould also join

thokozile mazibuko Nov 18, 2019

@DamelinMustFall Hi,

I would like to join, no one deserve this kind of Treatment, we work hard for this money and try to better our lives and seeks further education but this institution is taking advantage of us..

#DAMELINMUSTFALL

Gatvoel Nov 18, 2021

@DamelinMustFall Hi Nicole, I'm all for the viral campaign, Damelin owes me a little over R19 800 which I had already applied for last year and they've just been avoiding me. It's hard times for all of us and this money would come in handy. I left my number in the Gatvoel comment but they hid it. Of you can, please email me because I want to join you with the viral campaign against Damelin. [email protected]

Morne Wolfaardt May 09, 2019

Yet another week has passed without as much as an attempt at a response from Damelin. I guess nobody works there anymore(no surprises there). Let me repeat myself again. If you are reading this, stay well clear of Damelin. You really will be terribly disappointed if you ever give them your money!!! Regret will come too late...

Morne Wolfaardt Apr 30, 2019

People, I suggest you all send a summary of your experiences to Carte Blanche. If we do not get any response from them, there are other ways we can start a class action of some kind against Damelin. They no longer bother to respond at all. I am sick of their nonsense. They do not deserve to be called a college.

• Ab
    Abiash Apr 30, 2019

418623 & 417093.
    we are waiting for exam results since 2016. I have 100's of emails back and forth and most of the people that have tried to help me have all left the institute. all I get is that a follow up is sent to exams dept and it stops there. its like nobody cares at all. this is frustrating cos my course would have been done and dusted 2 years ago and this has serious implications on my applying for posts of this nature. I have reached a dead end because the exams dept cannot keep up to their turn-around-times. I need someone who can resolve my query for once and for all!!!

Tiffany001 Mar 28, 2019

Really struggling with Damelin - the worst "supplier" I have ever dealt with.
    Have a similar problem to all of the problems listed above.
    When a person gets funding through Skills Development they have to approve the educator - Damelin is therefore one of the governments "accredited" institutions. Does anyone know if it would be possible and how it would be possible to attack Damelin from that point - they must get a lot of students through this (including me)?

I was lucky enough for my company to pay for studies through Skills Development. I have been with them for 2 months now and not once been able to get hold of their student services to even answer simple general questions. This has been an uphill battle from the start and I want out. I don't have all the information I need to continue the course and if I don't complete the course I have to refund my company R 15, 000.

• Rs
    RSamuels Mar 24, 2019

Good day

Student number 426539.

Still waiting on feedback on my results for 2018. No one has contacted me yet.

This is really unacceptable. They do not reply to any e-mails and I can not get through via telephone. They put you on hold.

I need these results as soon as possible.

Marlonvh Feb 25, 2019

STUDENT NUMBER : 423282

May I please have a complete statement of results/academic record for all the subjects I have written combined with Damelin.

I have requested it with your call centre but they cant assist.

• Gl
    Glenn De Freitas Nov 15, 2018

I paid for my course in full in December 2017.

After working through the material I received I began to pick up errors. I filed those errors with the student counselor assigned to me who agreed that these were errors in the material given to me to learn a subject. I continued to push through before it became unbearable.

I tried to contact the head of accounting as listed in the enrollment pack with no luck. By pure luck I met this person in business, I asked him what his involvement was with Damelin and he said that he marked papers for them a few years ago and was most definitely not head of the accounting department. This is fraudulent.

By around June 2018 I received a notice stating that my refund has been approved and that payment would be made, a 27% administration fee would be charged. So I would be paying for Damelins incompetence.. ridiculous.

Fast forward 90 "working" days and no payment was received. I logged more tickets which I then needed to follow up on which true to the stories above were "escalated".

I was then told that payment would be made in the second week of November. Still nothing. I have phoned in to speak to Ncumisa Mlungwana who holds the title as Student Support Services Manager. After waiting for 10 minutes the first time I was told that she was on a phone call. I phoned back 10 minutes later and AGAIN waited 10 minutes after which i was told that she is in a meeting and that I should call back at 16:00. I phoned back at 16:00, no surprise at all that she had left the building.. When I asked to speak to someone senior about this matter i just remain on the line with no answer. I am currently on the line and it has been 23 minutes.

This organisation should not be trusted and we need to do everything in our power to make it known to the general public that they should not use Damelins services.

STUDENT NUMBER: 436792

With that you can find my contact details.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Nov 16, 2018

@Glenn De Freitas Good day Glenn De Freitas,

We are sorry to read about the challenges you have experienced. Your message has been forwarded to the relevant department and you will be contacted for urgent assistance.

• Gl
    Glenn De Freitas Nov 16, 2018

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Just an update... NO ONE CONTACTED ME!!!

In fact I tried contacting the relevant departments all day with no luck as they were in apparent meetings.

Damelin. You are useless and should be ashamed of yourselves. I will make it my mission to expose as much of your bs as possible!!!

The money I am supposed to be getting is not even a full refund and I received a broken product, no fault of mine yet I still lose R6000!!? You’re a joke.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Nov 22, 2018

@Glenn De Freitas Good day Glenn De Freitas,

Hope you are well.

We have been informed that your refund has been paid to you.

Once again we would like to apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you and would also like to wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Damelin Correspondence College.

Tiffany100 Mar 28, 2019

@Glenn De Freitas s with so many people I see, I too have been having issues with Damelin. Would you be prepared to email me your story? As individuals, we clearly are not going to get anywhere with complaining so I would therefore like to get as many stories together as possible to start a petition and then submit as a batch to platforms such as Carte Blanche, newspapers, Skills Development - basically anywhere possible and there is only force in numbers. This is going to become my mission, even if I too have to hire a lawyer at a later stage.
    The email address I have created is [protected]@webmail.co.za

• Nt
    Nthabiseng Mashaba Apr 23, 2021

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Student Number : [protected]

Dear damelin college correspondence

I need my refund which you owe me since 2018 May, due to facing out of your course. It was not my fault, but you really make me feel as if it's my fault tgat the course is canceled. Do you know how frustrating it is, that one needs to borrow money and register in another institution, thinking I will repay with my refund from damelin. I need my refund. So many people complaining about you. Your refund office always tell me same story every montb when I enquiry.

Morne Wolfaardt Aug 22, 2018

My wife registered with Damelin Correspondence to do a Architectural Draughting course. Something we are regretting deeply every day. This college is a disgrace to the further education profession. Please do yourselves a favour and stay as far away as possible from Damelin. Assignments are supposed to be marked and feedback given to students within 30 working days. So surely assignments that were handed in in April should have been marked by now???? Yet their favourite standard responses to everything over and over is that your inquiry has been ESCALATED! Time after time the same generic response with absolutely zero real feedback or action... Enrolling with Damelin = our biggest mistake ever!!! Absolutely useless incompetent staff!!!

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Aug 23, 2018

@Morne Wolfaardt Good morning,

Please accept our most sincerest apology for the series of frustrations you have experienced. Kindly forward your wife's student number and contact details so that we can get you urgent assistance on her results.

Morne Wolfaardt Aug 23, 2018

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Good day

My wife, Natalie Wolfaardt's student number is 434874 and her direct e-mail address is [email protected]
    After being handed over to a new point of contact at your college, Natalie's assignment from April was handed in to the marker for urgent marking on 8 August, after she had to re-submit all her assignments, for the umpteenth time, as Damelin had once again lost them. It is now 24 August, still no result. Although Natalie's new contact has at least been responding to e-mails, the problem is not being resolved! Clearly the problem does not lie with her. After today we are taking this matter further, as we have really exhausted this avenue of direct communication with Damelin, which never seems to get us anywhere. All we ask is that you do your jobs and keep up your end of the contract, which has not been happening from day one. We paid for this whole course up front and there in lies the problem I think. You have our money, now you think you can string us along with an absolute sub-standard level of service for an educational institution. How can Natalie enter for exams and get results if you can not produce assignment results 4 months after receiving them. By your own admission, she should get their results within 30 days of submitting them. Please do not respond to us once again by appointing another contact or using buzz words like "escalate", as we really have heard quite enough. All we want now is for you to start doing your jobs and getting things done. Thank you.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Aug 27, 2018

@Morne Wolfaardt Good morning,

Thank you for the response. Once again we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. We will follow this up for you and will get the exam department to contact you shortly.

Morne Wolfaardt Sep 11, 2018

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Well today is 11 September 2018. So many weeks have crawled by since my initial complaint, on this forum, about the absolute useless institution that is Damelin Correspondence College. Besides receiving an extremely short SMS on her phone, my wife is still waiting for CORRESPONDENCE from Damelin Correspondence College!! No such luck I am afraid. She is left to wonder when she will ever receive the marks for assignments handed in during April already and what her last exam outcomes are?? Make no mistake, this so called college is nothing but an absolute waste of time and money. When all a student begs for is some feedback and gets completely ignored by the college, what are her options. Well today I am sending a submission to local regional news papers. Maybe it gets published, so the rest of the public out there can avoid this circus masquerading as a tertiary institution! I shall also be sharing our very painful experience on every possible public forum available to me, as clearly your empty promises of sorting out our grievances mean absolutely nothing. I shall be doing my public duty to warn others against wasting their time and money with Damelin Correspondence College! Finally I am going to see our lawyer, so we can once explore what our legal recourse against you are, because you do not seem to wish to sort things out! You were spoken to nicely for far too long now. It is getting us absolutely nowhere.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Sep 12, 2018

@Morne Wolfaardt Good Morning Morne,

Please note that the exam department will be contacting your wife shortly with regards to your query above.

Morne Wolfaardt Mar 08, 2019

@Morne Wolfaardt Dear Damelin Correspondence College, despite the many promises you are always making on this forum, my wife carries on getting chased from pillar to post. She handed in assignments in September, which have still not been marked. 6 months have passed, despite promise after promise and after she had re-submitted this assignment twice again, because your useless staff keeps on claiming they did not receive it. She had done the exam and now you are giving her a fail, because guess why, she got zero marks for her assignment, because nobody there knows what they are doing!!! Your institution is an absolute joke!!! To all people wanting to further their studies, please do yourselves the biggest favour of your life and stay the hell away from Damelin. Your queries will be continuously escalated, yet get you nowhere. Every week somebody new will be appointed to be your contact, so that evenutually all your e-mails just go in circles with nobody taking responsibility and nobody getting back to you. I repeat, the worst decision of our lives getting involved with this joke of a college!

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Mar 11, 2019

@Morne Wolfaardt Good day Morne,

Please accept our most sincerest apology for the inconvenience that has been caused to both you and your wife. We have forwarded your message to the exam department for further assistance on her assignments.

Morne Wolfaardt Mar 13, 2019

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Dear Damelin, despite your short response 2 days ago, nobody has made any effort to contact my wife from your exams department. She handed her assignments in last year in September! Do you realize it is now 6 months later and she has still not had her assignments marked by your exams department?? Your turnaround time for assignment marking is 30 days, so please tell the world out there why we are still waiting 6 months later!!! Pathetic! Thanks for proving my point about just how useless Damelin actually is! Stay away people. You have been warned!

Tiffany100 Mar 28, 2019

@Morne Wolfaardt Hi Morne,

As with so many people I see, I too have been having issues with Damelin. Would you be prepared to email me your story? As individuals, we clearly are not going to get anywhere with complaining so I would therefore like to get as many stories together as possible to start a petition and then submit as a batch to platforms such as Carte Blanche, newspapers, Skills Development - basically anywhere possible and there is only force in numbers. This is going to become my mission, even if I too have to hire a lawyer at a later stage.
    The email address I have created is [email protected]

Morne Wolfaardt Apr 23, 2019

@Morne Wolfaardt All prospective Damelin Correspondence College Students. Just don't even bother. It will be the best advice you ever get. Save your money and the frustration and STAY AWAY!!! Dear Damelin, there truly is no end to your incompetence and the farce continues!! Now you tell my wife that she can not write her Maths N4 exam as the cut-off date for entries was 10 April. All of a sudden you no longer send out notifications like she had always received and had been waiting for???? No, she was supposed to smell that she had to continuously log into the online portal and check as she was just told over the phone by one of your stooges! You had previously messed her around time and time again by not marking assignments in time and not adding assignment marks to exam marks, making her believe she had failed, when in fact she had passed with flying colours. Every small goal post she reached was a hollow victory thanks to you. You have turned her course from what should have been an enjoyable learning experience into an absolute nightmare, which just continues. Thanks to you, she now has to wait till November before she can write her maths. We needed her to get this diploma to apply for an Australian visa and you have more than likely killed our chances. Now I am sending our whole long painful list of events to Carte Blanche, so that the whole of South Africa can be warned to give you a wide berth. You are truly a disgrace of an institution masquerading as a college!

Jo-jo34 Mar 06, 2018

Hey Did any of you get help, I'm currently struggling to get a refund from Damelin and they telling me 3 months its been a month now and I need that money to complete my registration at Unisa. I am prepared to take them on because currently their phone lines are down at the refund department. Any one sitting with the same problem

Sinenhlanhla Mkhwanazi Jun 12, 2018

@Jo-jo34 Hi there, I am also struggling to get my refund after I cancelled my course with Damelin and I recently found out that I owe them money for cancelling the debit order before they could cancel the course on their side, this has affected my credit score and I am really pissed. No one responds tothe emails and phones are not working.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Jun 12, 2018

@Sinenhlanhla Mkhwanazi Good day Sinenhlanhla,
    Kindly provide your student number and contact details so that we can get an advisor to assist you on your query.

Sinenhlanhla Mkhwanazi Jun 12, 2018

@Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] 438156

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Jun 13, 2018

@Sinenhlanhla Mkhwanazi Thank you for the response.
    Your query has been escalated for assistance and an advisor will be in touch with you.

• Li
    Lillian dekock Jan 05, 2018

As a parent it is shocking that a education institute can do buisness like this, East London Damilien Branch is pathetic

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Mar 29, 2018

@Lillian dekock Good day Lillian, we are sorry that you have had a bad experience at the East London Damelin Branch. Kindly advise us of your query and forward the student number and your contact details so that we can get you urgent assistance.

• Ke
    Kesh1601 Apr 12, 2017

Good day. I will never advise any students to register with Damelin. I have registered for a certificate in ECD in 2012. I have paid for the course in full and to date have not received my certificate. The staff and management don't care and I don't believe that they have the proper qualifications or training to be in their job role. It's disgusting how pathetic the once very highly esteemed College has become. Please don't study through them as you will only be left disappointed and angry.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Mar 29, 2018

@Kesh1601 Good day, we are truly sorry for the disappointment you have experienced. Kindly advise if your query has been resolved. Also provide your student number and contact details for assistance.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Mar 29, 2018

Good day, kindly provide your student number and contact details so that we can follow up on the progress of your refund.

• Gi
    GinoV Mar 23, 2017

Hi everyone - I am having he same problem after paying them over R20k and I can not get any joy on a refund.
    Please contact Wendy Knowler - Consumer watch at East Coast Radio and if we all complain she will place it on air and disgrace Damilen.
    Tel: [protected]. Fax: [protected] Wendy Knowler at Consumer Watch
    Reece Reuben
    Consultant
    Damelin Overport

Tel: [protected]
    E-mail: [email protected]

• Ht
    [email protected] Feb 07, 2017

I have requested a cancellation early 2016 March after registered on February and they rejected my request have explained to them that I was not happy with their service and the poor study material which is USB the told me to pay 80 Percent of the course, I don't recommend anyone to study with Damelin

MaGee83 May 12, 2016

Provincial consumer affairs directorates deal with general consumer complaints:
    Eastern Cape: [protected]/3050
    KwaZulu Natal: [protected]
    Northern Cape: [protected] I was a statistic for a while.God be with u all

• Bu
    Busi88 May 03, 2016

I applied for long term insurance in August 2015 and paid the full fee in January and was promised study material first week of February but to this date I have not received anything. I went to the college in Pretoria and spoke to my consultant her name is Wilhelmina Kabini her email [email protected] and her Manager and I was promised that I will get a response the following week Monday but nothing at all to this date. On the 12/04/2016 I called this guy gave me his email and promised to look at it and will get back to me but still no feedback to this date.'[email protected]'. I need my refund as the college failed me and wasted my time, its already Mid year and I have not done anything and this delays my qualification as I need it for my current work. I will go to Speak Out if this is not resolved by end of this week.

• Nk
    Nkos. Apr 07, 2016

I called on the 31st march 2016 @13:18 and spoke to jacky malibo who confirmed i’ll get my money on tuesday the 05th april 2016 with assurance from her manager ajanth choudhree, it is thursday today the 07th april 2016 and i’m still waiting in vain

i regret the day i came to your offices with the hope to further my studies, i thought your college had what it takes to assist me, but you’ve what it takes to giving poor service,

i paid my deposit and let you debit my acconut every month succesfully without any hitches, but you on the other hand failed me

1st i had to ask you when my study material will be delivered
    2nd you delivered incorrect study material
    3rd with continuous follow up you finally sent incomplete study material
    4th again with continuous follow ups you sent a duplication of incomplete study material
    5th calling your call centre several times requesting my money you told me to bring everything back to you, i did exactly that but you fail to give me my money still

why are you doing this?? you don’t even reply to your helopeter complains and hey the list is sooo long!!!

now this is what i want from you today, i want you to pay the money into my bank account, don’t give me no dizzy turn around tiime because i’m done playing the waitng game with your institution, i just wonder what will the deparmtnet of education say after all this

angy05 Feb 05, 2016

I am having similar problems as mentioned by above students. I have paid up in full, have received my prescribed books but am still awaiting the
    study guides & material from Damelin. I got an e-mail that I have to register for exams within 2 days at certain FET colleges in my region. I phoned them all since some don't answer at all while others don't even know that they are portrayed on the list of exam centres Damelin provided!!!
    I have spent about R200 on airtime phoning around with no positive result.

I think its time Damelin is brought to book for poor atrocious service delivery and from testimonies of other not being refunded, daylight robbery.
    I agree with Penny that maybe a class action will bring this poor excuse for a tertiary institute to account for their mismanagement & misleading of students. Angy

• Ze
    zethu32 Oct 14, 2015

@Penny Buyana
    maybe we need to do something if not for ourselves BUT for all the students who have no voice, crying in silent and in hope someday this college will get its act together!!! email checkpoint, QCTO, newspapers, justice malala of ENCA, google to get their email address, recruit as many as possible to also state their cases, its the only way this college will ever have respect for people who make their business, Students!! and maybe we must get EFF to intervene, so far its the only people in government I think are not in this colleges' pockets because if other parties didn't have stakes why haven't they done nothing about it, it can't be they don't know!!

• Pe
    Penny Buyana Oct 14, 2015

Very disappointed with Damelin. I enrolled for a 12 month course in 2013 only to find out half way in the first semester that I was in a 3year diploma class with diploma study material. Then I had to changed classes and move to the 12month courser and try to catch up on my own as the lectures refused to grant me more time to submit assignments that where already due or written tests. Then in the 2nd semester my mother lost her job which became a problem as I could not get access card. She tried to pay what she could and I would get access card for a limited period or few days then I could not attend again until payment was made. This was wearing very heavily on my family and all we requested was that they allow me to attend classes and write exams and only at the end if no payment was still made they could then hold back my certificate. But this was not good enough for them. I grew tired of being rejected and embarrassed every time I went to college because I had no excess card and also I was wasting a bit of money we had on travelling only to be back home again. In May/June I decided to drop out, because they were not willing to let me study if payment was not made. Now almost two years later they are demanding the full payment of almost +-20K for full year course that they denied me access to. This is absolutely crap and I do not understand how Damelin can carry on this way, are they interested in offering quality education or are they also just another 'mickey mouse' further education institution that is only interested in making money???? Shame on you...government please intervene!

• Ze
    zethu32 Sep 17, 2015

i wish government would actually close this college down seriously, they nothing but vultures preying on students and their hand earned cash, lately if you cancelling with them and they approve it, one has to wait for 90 WORKING DAYS!! i am also waiting for that 90 days(after i cancelled, no study material) yet I've already read so many reports about them not paying refunds even after that 90 days...i wish there was a platform where we as wronged students by this college can come together and advice each other as to how do we tackle them, because for some unknown reason...our leaders are aware of this colleges' reputation but nothing is being done. then we are blamed for not wanting to study, ye when we do these vultures take us for rides with our moneis

Karabo Mmitshana Jun 20, 2018

@zethu32 Can't we collect everyone's student numbers/ details and go place a complaint against the school as group at the ombudsman, Department of Education or something

Anela Kgowa Jun 22, 2018

@Karabo Mmitshana Hi I agree with you Damelin do not take their student serious and when you phone they will send you up and down

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Jun 25, 2018

@Karabo Mmitshana Dear Student,
    We do apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused to you. Your query has been escalated for urgent assistance and a advisor will be in touch with you.
    Damelin Correspondence College.

• Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Jun 25, 2018

@Anela Kgowa Good day Anela,
    Please advise us of your query and forward your student number and contact detail so that we can get you assistance.

Annalieze Jul 14, 2015

I have also been waiting for so many years. Every time I get a reply is that its be escalated to the highest levels and still nothing. I am going to the Ombudsman and newspapers.

• Nc
    Ncla Jul 09, 2015

Damlin Correspondence College is the worst ever. They do not answer any of their telephone lines. They do not care about any queries. They hammer you to pay your deposit and once that's done you wait as long as 2 -3 -4 Months to receive any study materials. They now have this new thing where they send out sms's saying your account is in areas and legal action will be taken, but this is a lie. My account is up to date but I get this message, when I tried once again to phone them about this, nothing, I just get cut off.

• Yu
    yumna Baker Dec 12, 2014

i am experiencing the same thing.i paid up my account however the account keeps showing im in arrears. both my money i paid and the money credited by previous college is not reflecting. I have a letter staing its settled but im still in arrears and account still shows open when settled.i am so angry you wont believe it.

Comment Guidelines