Cymax Stores / Bad Service/Delivery Information

1 PA, United States Review updated:

There was a moment that I could claim to have placed and order FAIRLY RECENTLY from Cymax.com. But no more. We placed the order in May 2008 - It is now the end of July, almost August, and still no delivery.

In May when we placed our order the item was listed as on "back order" and the shipment date was June 30th. We waited and come June 30th, WE HAD TO CALL THEM to find out that we would NOT be receiving the bar and that we should now be expecting it in the next shipment scheduled for July 31st.

Well, it is about that time and we decided to call again just to check on the order - NOPE - again we got pushed back into what they claim to be the next shipment scheduled for August 20th.

Customer Service has nothing to do for us or say to us other than they are sorry but our order did not make this shipment.

I will never order from CYMAX again - BAD BUSINESS

Je

Comments

• Li
      30th of Jul, 2008

I have had a very similar experience with Cymax. I ordered a coffee table and two end tables on May 26, 2008. I also had to call customer service when my order did not arrive in the time specified. After many phone calls, emails, and cancellation requests on my part I have still not received a refund (it is now July 30, 2008). I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will continue to fight to get my money back. This has been a HORRIBLE experience and would not recommed Cymax to my worst enemy.

• Bo
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Many people claim that they have been scammed by Cymax Stores, Inc. according to numerous reports filed on [/link removed/ [redacted].com] and [http://cymax-stores.pissedconsumer.com/ Pissed Consumer.com]./URL removed/http://cymax-stores.pissedconsumer.com/ For example, [/URL removed/ this] report states that what started as a simple online furniture order, quickly turned into a what this particular consumer deems, a "4 month arduous process", involving numerous packages of damaged and nonrefundable goods, and resolution only occurring after bank and credit card companies were involved in the dispute./URL removed/ A simple Google search of "Cymax Stores" yields numerous results of reports from unhappy consumers that put the reputation of Cymax Stores, Inc. as a legitimate business in question. Additionally, it should be noted that these reports are all very similar in nature, and as [/URL removed/ this] customer warns in her report, "please check out this companies MANY complaints online before purchasing any product" (par. 2)./URL removed/ Finally, it should be noted that the [[Better Business Bureau]], in its report of Cymax Stores, Inc., states that Cymax Stores, Inc. has an "unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to failure to respond to one or more complaints [and/or has] two or more otherwise unresolved complaints. " Further adding, "the BBB processed a total of 39 complaints about this company in the last 36 months." http://mainlandbc.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=137&bbb=0037&firm=1227268

• Ca
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I ORDERED A DIMPLEX ELECTRIC FIREPLACE..NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE ME THE BEST PRICE PLUS FREE SHIPPING..I LOVE THE PRODUCT!

The complainers above need to get a eta on their delivery and then check with the provider..sometimes it is out of their control. Ashley furniture has a awful reputation for slow delivery. I do NOT believe Cymax would intentionally try to "Scam" you...LOL You just need to follow your order more carefully!

Carla

• Jk
      1st of May, 2009

Cymax has good prices and if your product arrives undamaged everything is great. But IF your product is damaged in delivery watch out. Cymax tells you to write any damage on the shipping form, but if the carrier does not allow you to inspect the product (ABF) then you are supposed to say that on the invoice and inspect ASAP. But if the carrier does not allow you to do that either (as in my case - all ABF allowed me to write on the invoice was my signature), then basically if something is wrong with the product you are screwed.
    I ordered a daybed via cymax and when it arrived the headboard had a small 6" crack at the top of it. Which granted could have been far worse but for $500 one should not have anything wrong with the product. In any case, which we are pretty sure is something that happened in shipping (ABF is a crappy carrier). ABF (of course) claims they are innocent and cymax will not send me a replacement due to there not being any damage noted on the shipping invoice. They want me to re-buy the headboard at a "discounted" rate, or send the whole thing back (I pay shipping and a 'restocking' fee)...yeah right.
    I have a feeling I'll be off to home depot to attempt to repair this crack to the best of my ability. I will not use cymax again under any circumstances. This is my first, and last purchase from this company.

4th of Jun, 2009

I too am having a problem with getting my order in a timely matter. I have never had such an issue with any other store, (and I do a lot of shopping). I have ordered a swing for my baby. By the time i get it I will no longer need it lol. I keep recieving new dates that my order will arrive and now I have been told that it is on back order, something they could have told me a few weeks ago. I do hope that I recieve it soon. I will never order from this store again.