Curves / Hiring Policy

I was recently hired at Curves at the Beverlywood location as a fitness motivator trainee after working for several years as a paralegal/legal assistant. In addition to working the front desk, I would help the ladies with their workout so they could reach their maximum potential.

After the initial interview where I truthfully admitted I had no experience in this field, I was advised I would be trained which I thought was terrific because I had no idea how the circuit worked.

Well, imagine my surprise that after only two days I was fired. Either (1) the manager had an ego problem; (2) the owner had no idea I was hired (I never even met her!) or (3) my age (I'm 54) and they wanted someone younger!

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! The majority of the women who attend Curves are about my age and even older and one would think they would like seeing an older person at the front desk AND working the circuit. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Customer service at Curves Beverlywood -- non-existent!

Qt

Comments

• Be
      13th of Jun, 2011

i was hired by a curves in england..again was honest about my lack of experience in the field but the manager said she was willing to put the time in training me. this was not the case. i had about 2 real "training" sessions, the rest of the time she said the gym was too busy for her to train me (maybe bringing in another member of staff wou;d have been sensible) i was dumped in the circuit on my own most of the time with absolutely no idea of what i was meant to do and my training seemed to have ended. she let me go a month later saying i should have had a handle on the job, my training booklet was still incomplete and training on fitness assesments had not even been touched on..she paraded my exit interview as a review until the very last minute when she knew i had to get my daughter from school. she even told me to continue with learning the phone script in this "review." she said it was quiet in the circuit when i was there when for the whole shift i was chatting to people but she didn't notice as she was sat on the pc the whole time and only came in the circuit to discuss a soap opera. very unproffesional and from what i have experienced a compulsive liar.

• Be
      13th of Jun, 2011

was also chatting to a member and my manager told me to leave her alone as she knew what she was doing now(she was recently new) i thought curves had a policy on continuing the care exhibited before membership? seems once we had there money we were meant to not care...