Currys - Lg Washing Machine / Terrible after sales service!

We purchased a Washing Machine from Currys in July 2005 together with a five year guarantee. When this broke down last Friday we rang the service line anticipating a service visit “within two working days” in accordance with the terms of our guarantee. (The agreement amplifies this with a a statement that faults reported on a Friday will be attended to the following Tuesday). At the time of our report, we were promised a call that day to confirm the date and time of our visit.

No such call was received and so we called back this morning. After a considerable time we managed to get through to an operator who then referred us on to another number. After further difficulty we were told that we would not receive a call until next Thursday.

When I rang to complain to the Currys Service number, my call was automatically transferred to an LG operator. He was extremely uncooperative and said it was nothing to do with LG. I should speak to Currys. He then gave me a Currys number. When I rang this, I was again automatically referred to an LG Operator who said that they had no system for dealing with complaints.

The material supplied with our product guarantee says among other things:

“ But all you need to know is that we can get your problem solved fast”.

“ Whatever happens we’re here to solve your problems quickly so you don’t have the hassle”.

“Our promise (s) Just make one call and we’ll sort the problem out for you”.

There seems to be no way of speaking with anyone in Currys so that I can enforce the terms of my contract with them. Can you advise?

I see from my receipt that I paid.

Comments

Wi
  19th of Jul, 2007

I have had same problem with whatever happens cover on laptop purchased at curry's recently absolutely no service whatsoever and rude staff on phone lines.

Jo
  14th of Apr, 2009

i reccomend to go to the store you purchased from and tell them your problem and bring in the reciept, that way the customer service will be able to ring up for you and should be able to sort it out. worked for me :D