Cuisinart DTC - 975 Coffee Maker / defective product

1 150 Milford RdEast Windsor, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: defective product

Within a year of owning the Cuisinart coffeemaker DTC 975 series, I had it replaced once; the second pot malfunctioned within 2mos. Total cost of shipping on my part approx. $20. for each replacement. Told by Co. rep. out of thousands of coffeemakers there may be 50 defective. I of course received two of them. Why should I incur the extra expense of shipping for their defective product. I've decided not to chance another defective pot and absorb the loss.The original cost was $99.00. I've been using a 5yr old back up pot while waiting to resolve this issue; original cost $20.

• Pat Gundersen's Response, Nov 06, 2017

The blade on the chopper/grinder is cracking after being used very few times. Thank you

Va

Comments

• Ni
      7th of Nov, 2008

purchased a grind and brew black coffe maker about 2 years ago. for the first year, the product was fine. then the handle pulled completely away from the glass. of course this is a dangerous situation. i just wanted to let someone in the company know. themodel is dgb500bk and serial number is 40830c

thanks for letting me vent

• Al
      29th of Jan, 2010

cuisinart coffee maker makes a mess leaks all over the counter... started out every once in a while then every day, coffee all over the counter in the drawers etc. piec of junk!

• Ro
      27th of Mar, 2010

I had the same problem as corrinne25. I'm ready to toss it into the trash!!! But my wife doesn't want me to spend money on a new one. This one was purchased not much over one year ago!!! Horrible design that looks like it keeps jamming so the coffee doesn't go into the carafe but all over the counter instead!!! I wonder if this could be a fire-hazard!!!

• Pa
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Cuisinart - cracked blade for the cuisinart 4 cup grinder
    bonita springs
    Florida

the blade on the chopper, were it is secured is cracking. I've used it 3 times, and never put it in the dishwasher. I purchased this product at Costco.
    My name is

• Je
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Cuisinart - Cuisinart PerfectTemp 14 Cup Programable Coffeemaker Black leaking
    Saint Paul, MinnesotaSt Paul

Our coffee pot purchased August 2015 from Cooks, St Paul leaks all over the cupboard making a mess. It has happened several times and did so again today (October 3, 2017)

18th of Sep, 2018
    Cuisinart - coffee maker & hand held beater
    Cortlandt Manor
    New York

My beater keeps dropping ones of the blades. It doesn't stay in inta slot. My coffee maker isn't pumping all the water up into the coffee and coffee isn't made correctly and has a moldy taste. I would like replacements for these two items.