Cuisinart DTC - 975 Coffee Maker / defective product

150 Milford RdEast Windsor, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: defective product
Within a year of owning the Cuisinart coffeemaker DTC 975 series, I had it replaced once; the second pot malfunctioned within 2mos. Total cost of shipping on my part approx. $20. for each replacement. Told by Co. rep. out of thousands of coffeemakers there may be 50 defective. I of course received two of them. Why should I incur the extra expense of shipping for their defective product. I've decided not to chance another defective pot and absorb the loss.The original cost was $99.00. I've been using a 5yr old back up pot while waiting to resolve this issue; original cost $20.
Va

Comments

Ni
  7th of Nov, 2008
purchased a grind and brew black coffe maker about 2 years ago. for the first year, the product was fine. then the handle pulled completely away from the glass. of course this is a dangerous situation. i just wanted to let someone in the company know. themodel is dgb500bk and serial number is 40830c

thanks for letting me vent
Al
  29th of Jan, 2010
cuisinart coffee maker makes a mess leaks all over the counter... started out every once in a while then every day, coffee all over the counter in the drawers etc. piec of junk!
Ro
  27th of Mar, 2010
I had the same problem as corrinne25. I'm ready to toss it into the trash!!! But my wife doesn't want me to spend money on a new one. This one was purchased not much over one year ago!!! Horrible design that looks like it keeps jamming so the coffee doesn't go into the carafe but all over the counter instead!!! I wonder if this could be a fire-hazard!!!

Cuisinart Logo Cuisinart