Credit One Bank / fees and interest

United States Review updated:
4.3
I called inquiring my card fees and my interest rate. I was basically harrassed into making another payment after they told me that they would take off a fee. My payment went thru on the date that i had scheduled my balance still doesnt reflect any kind of credit. When i asked about my interest rate and if i could get it lowered i was told that they dont do that, then i got a letter explaining that theydont do that. I am trying to build my credit and i believe this account is making it worse.
Sh

Comments

Do
  23rd of Nov, 2008
I pay double the pmt amount each month, , but still get over the limit charges, i dont nor have not used the card in 6 months. This company is a rip off.
Da
  28th of Apr, 2010
I PAID ON MY ACCOUNT AND STILL HAD A BALANCE OF .03 CENTS, I TOLD THEM TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. THEY TOLD ME THAT IT TAKES 21 DAYS TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT THEY WOULD CHARGE ME $6.50 FOR CLOSING IT AND THAT I WOULD ACCRUE DAILY FINANCE CHARGES ON THE BALANCE UTIL MY NEXT STATEMENT CAME OUT ON 05/09/2010. I TOLD THEM THAT I JUST BAID THE BALANCE BUT PAID IT .03 CENTS SHORT. THEIR RESPONSE IT DOESN'T MATTER. THE CREDIT CARD LAW JUST RECENTLY PASSED WAS TO HELP US CONSUMERS AVOID SHAMS LIKE THIS BUT IT SEEMS THET THEY HAVE FOUND VERY CREATIVE WAYS TO AVOID ADHERING TO THE LAW.

Credit One Bank Logo Credit One Bank