Credit Acceptance and Mo Repo Co- Missouri / Repossession and questionable practices

1 Wright City, MO, United States Review updated:

My fiance and I have had problems with Credit Acceptance since day one. After the first month, we were told that we were late on a payment when we were told by the "loan officer" that we were to be given a 15-day grace period. This had went on for a couple of months and at many points we were about to lose our vehicle. This past June, we had our vehicle repossessed by Missouri Repo Company and had it lost for about a week. When my father had paid the money on a Monday, we could not get our vehicle out till that week on Wednesday because the vehicle had already sent it on transit to an auction house in Earth City (by St. Louis). We called on a Tuesday to pick up our vehicle, but they had stated that they could not do anything because it was a Tuesday and that was their big auction day. When we had our vehicle paid, it should have been brought back to us, and instead, it was sent to an auction house. We had a key given to the repo officer, and when my fiance picked up the van, it had no key attached to it. Missouri Repo had kept the key, and we have eyewitness reports that the vehicle was driven out of our subdivision, not towed off. Now we have more fees attached to our account than was previously stated, they are charging us for the key that we had to get because the repo company had kept the key, saying "we didn't get a key", and more fees keep coming up. If anyone had any info that can help, please let us know, and if someone you love or pal around with has bad credit and is referred to Credit Acceptance, tell them to run away. They have screwed us and many hardworking Americans for a while now, and we don't want anyone else to fall under them.

Comments

• Pr
      11th of Aug, 2009

March 2009 my car was repossessed because I had gotten behind on my car payment and I too having been finaced by Credit Acceptance had a horrible nightmare with this company. First my son and myself on the title for this car so they pick-up the car at his job. The next day I called Credit Acceptance and they told my I need $1382.00 to redeem my car and all this paperwork (references, proof of income, resident, bank statements, ect. as if I'm buying the car all over again faxed to them along with the Money Gram. So I get all this information and fax and send money I owed. I played games between Credit Acceptance and All Cities Recovery all day about releasing my car before it went off to be auctioned. Finally, I get to All Cities Recovery, which I later find out is right accross the McKinley Bridge. I go in and they have you to sign a waiver before you get your car stating that everything is fine and the catch is you can't see your car before signing this waiver. So I sign just relieved to get my car back. They bring my car to me and my steering Wheel Cover is ripped in two and their is plastic bag is the back on the floor along with empty Marlboro box and to top it off my engine light and brake light is on. Well I immediately ask the guy why was the emergency brake on and could he please take it off since I never use it. So I start on my back home to O Fallon, Mo and I noticed my back brakes are making noises that were not heard before this repo. I keep smelling something very foul coming from the back of the car. So I look inside the plastic bag and it's a ### baby diaper! and I don't even have any babies! The next day I take my car to Midas and they tell me I need new back brakes. Thanks to All Cities Repo Co. The nerve of them to use my car for they on personal use and they only had the car less than 24hrs. I know for a fact that the car was driven from my Son's job and probably with the emergency brake on at that! So I had to pay for new brakes and it was'nt cheap! I hate Credit Acceptance with a passsion! I've complained to the Michigan Attorney General and BBB in the state of Michigan and Credit Accceptance is telling them lies and making me look like I'm a terrible Consumer. I am charges late fees when I'm not late and What ever happened to the Customer is Always Right!

• Ha
      19th of Aug, 2009

I started sending them payments via certified mail return receipt requested because of their late fee games.

That way I could prove when they or their agent received the payment and I looked up the state statutes and had the law on my side.

it may cost me $6 to send a payment that way but at least it isn't in CA's pocket and I can prove the date of receipt. They also can't screw with my credit that way either.

Credit Acceptance I dare you to report me late on my credit. I WILL sue you for damages, I have a case pending in my district pro se ... go ahead and THINK your going to "call my bluff", you will find out very quickly that it is no bluff.

I would have called the police if they refused to allow me to see the care before signing a release for damages. Not sure what they can do but they can document that the company refused to allow the consumer to inspect the vehicle BEFORE signing a release.