Creative Home Arts Club / demanding payment for membership?

1 PO Box 3526, Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-893-7885

I recieved a magazine that I did not subscribe to... Creative home arts magazine. They have sent me three reminders to pay my dues or I would be "shut - off, in fairness to active dues - paying members". It also states they "need for immediate payment of $12.00. The bottom of the letter reads membership dues invoice. This is a scam to look like you owe them for a magazine subscription. They send you their magazine in the mail, stating you ordered it, then send a lookalike invoice. If I was a senior citizen or an absent minded person, I might have paid it, thinking I had overlooked something I had indeed ordered. That is what they are hoping for. I called their number [protected]. I asked why I was sent a magazine and I was told"I had signed up"in november of 2008. I told her I had not ordered anything. I demanded to know how she got my name, then she states that"it doesn't say how I got on their list"she then started to describe the benefits and perks and savings etc. I would get with my subscription. I told her"if I had ordered this magazine, don't you think I would know all this stuff already???" that shut her up!!! I demanded that I be removed and told her what I thought about their deceitful scam. She said I may get one more invoice, but she removed my name. Well, miss ashley johnson, you're being reported to the bbb. Be careful folks.

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Jun, 2009

I was sent membership details...that included pay $24 for a yr lifetime membership...I was supposed to receive all the membership items once I made a payment of the $24, which I did. It has been 3 yrs now and I received one magazine and paper gift bags, thats it, everything else they had promised I never received. I called asking them about this and they apologize say they would ship out all the stuff, still nothing. Now, Im getting a bill for $360. FOR WHAT???? I have not received anything. SCAM!!!

20th of Dec, 2018

I have been a Lifetime member for many years. I received this post card about activation, tried to login with

the web site that is on the card (nothing happen). Tried to call, neither number was available. What has

happen to the company? Since nothing is available, I would like my money back. My member number is

10173165, in the amount is $350.00.

Macy Smith Jackson