Crate And Barrel / customer service

1 Kew Gardens, NY, United States

Purchased Willow Sleeper Sofa from CandB online mid-April. Price tag: $2399+delivery fee. Delivery scheduled for June 9th. When the delivery truck arrived, I was informed that the couch had only three legs and could not be delivered. I had to contact CandB twice to inquire about next steps. It took six more days before CandB could locate a leg. In the interim, I requested a refund and was told by Emily (Customer Service) that CandB doesn't give refunds on furniture. When she told me it could take three to six weeks to manufacture another leg (in the event the original couldn't be found), I requested a discount. She told me that CandB doesn't normally give a discount on their furniture, either. However, we would be able to discuss compensation once the sofa was delivered. Another delivery date was scheduled and confirmed for June 25th. When the sofa didn't arrive, I called Customer Service again and happened to be put in contact with Emily. She told me (in a rather unapologetic tone) that the shipping company's previous week's vacation caused a backlog on all deliveries and that mine was never even scheduled (despite the confirmation of delivery on June 23rd). She offered me a ten percent discount, which I laughed at. It wasn't even the wait that disappointed me; it was the poor quality of Customer Service that has completely turned me off from this company. I will never, never shop here again.

Pa