Craigslist, Propay / fake name

1 Santa Fe, NM, United States Review updated:

I saw on craigslist an offer for a 2003 toyota corolla S for 2497$
do i contacted the seller and he told me that it will go threw propay so that we are both secure (his name was michael duncan) so i send the money threw moneygram to the 3rd party
since that time i haven't heart anything from him
so i calle propay and they do not have any record of me there and they told me to stop my transaction and file a report, well I calle moneygram and unfortunately the money was already picked up.
so now i am dealing with the police and try to get the car or the money.

my contact name at propay was dallas raines

• Fausto perez pacheco's Response, Jun 28, 2017

Please remove my phone number, l have never put that

fake name
  • tatcher's Response, Aug 27, 2017

Just like I said never again will I use craigslist. People are crazy.

fake name
Be

Comments

• Sh
      7th of Oct, 2008

Thank you so much for your comment, I was just responding to the same offer, but here in Oregon. I was suspicious, so I am here checking it out and read your complaint. My guys name was Anthony Barnes, but on the ProPay, the name is Kenneth Kaufman. I hope this helps somebody else. :)

• Ha
      4th of Nov, 2008

I agree with you. I saw a couple of cars on for a very low price and one of them wanted to do the business through propay while the other 2 wanted to do it through ebay but they only wanted the money to be sent through moneygram not even paypal. I became suspicious and sent them all email requesting where exactly the cars where located. One of them said in philadelphia, one said in new jersey and the other one did not even reply me, even though they all put in there that the cars were in houston. People please be careful of fraud. See the car before you buy it. I hope this wil help you all.

• La
      5th of Nov, 2008

Hello, My name is Lance Rich and I am the VP of Risk Management at ProPay. These car listings on Craigslist (and other classified ad sites) are fraudulent and should be reported to us. We are not in the business of providing third party escrow services and facilitating wire transfers or MoneyGram payments. We also don't have individuals sales agents. Spread the word and use common sense. These deals seem to good to be true- because they are!

• Kr
      6th of Nov, 2008

I too saw a toyota corolla on craigs list. I was then contacted by the seller who went on to say about the third party arrangement through propay and that he needed to sell it right away due to being in the army and being deployed in December. I spoke with my mother who said to be careful, and boy I'm glad I was. I contacted the REAL company propay and was told by them that they do not do third party deals for car sells. I also told them this seller said our propay agent was from NY and the nice REAL man from propay let me know that all their agents are from Utah. PLEASE anyone who sees this is gets the same response as I did. IGNORE it. ITS A SCAM. pass this on

• In
      22nd of Sep, 2009

yutyutyutyu

• Mr
      27th of Feb, 2011

I hate this company so badly

• Ka
    Craigslist - Abuse emails
    Watford
    England, Hertfordshire
    United Kingdom

I didn't save the first 2.All emails are from the same person -signed Abid Latif. First two were abusive too -telling me to go back to my mud Hut in my country. Thanks for your help -Karina Konopecka ([protected]@gmail.com)
    If you need my full address -let me know

• Rr
    Craigslist - Resume' section full of ads for sex
    Greenville
    South Carolina

I am in the Greenville, SC, area and since the Personals have been deactivated the Resume' section has been getting filled with ads for sex, some with graphic pictures. This is something any child can see. What the hell! Don't you people screen submissions before posting them?

• Pa
    Craigslist - Fraudulent Craigslist ad with my phone number

Someone is placing ads on Craigslist using my phone number. It happened in March with a car for sale and I thought it was a typo on Craigslist. Now I am currently getting numerous texts and calls regarding a tin shed for sale. This is obviously not a typo please remove anything under my phone number this is very disturbing in several ways.

21st of Aug, 2018
    Craigslist - an ad for a free trailer with my phone number has appeared on craig's list. i have been flooded with phone calls. how do i delete this ad.

today, February 21, 2018, someone placed an ad saying that i had a free trailer to give away with my phone number. how do i delete this. i have received probably hundreds of calls, as you can imagine. please help.

• Ho
    Craigslist - Gate Keepers
    San Francisco
    California
    Craigslist.com

Every ad I place on Craigslist for children's books are automatically flagged and removed by Craigslist personnel. I feel this is harassment. Craigslist seems like a very unethical company with questionable business practices.

• Fa
    Craigslist - Poor service - Craigslist violating their own TOU
    akron/canton
    craigslist.org

Craigslist unreasonably flagging private owner posts, and allowing dealers to post as many times as they want, under owner section. Some owners are not being permitted to post any ads, and without good cause. I believe the attorney generals office will be notified.

• La
    Craigslist - Personals NY CRAIGSLIST
    New York
    New York

Every single time I run a personal ad, no matter what the content, and it is legitimate content (especially compared to other ads Ive seen running), some stalker flags my post for removal. Immediately! Idont know who they are, but could u please investigate and allow me to freely post on nyc's cl? Thank you.

• Ta
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Craigslist - furniture listing
    Sioux City
    Iowa

I had dining table & chairs posted for 1 week. Had 4 people scamming me. Will never post anything again.

• Ro
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Craigslist - havoc

Hired someone from Craigslist to repair AC unit was told unit was unrepairable
    but he had a good working unit he removed from another job he could install
    and he would give me a 2 year warranty on the unit for 600 total. Unit was in-
    stalled and stopped working the same night. Bad installation freon leaked out
    won`t return to fix repairs needed.

• Rb
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Craigslist - personals men seeking men
    Dallas
    Texas

Every post that I have submitted in the last 3 weeks has been deleted. WHY? I don't post anything that would offend anyone. No address, no phone numbers, no email address. I was recently contacted by a user that berated me saying I was old ugly and disgusting and I should not be allowed to post anything.

• Ro
    Craigslist - customer service
    Alexandria
    Minnesota
    craigslist.org

they flagged an ad for a vehicle I had posted with no notice to me.

I emailed them 3 times over many hours today and no response.

then I tried to call their posted numbers and it is not possible to even speak to a human being.

I realize this is a very basic site but when known.

I am going to ebay

• Rk
    Craigslist - spam
    Canada

Hi,

I just sent an email but not sure it went through.
    Been using Craigslist for a long time but now it is almost impossible.
    Go to Restaurant Managers (at least in Toronto) and you will find pages of Doordash. You can barely see any real jobs.
    Please do something about this or many won't use you anymore.
    Thanks.

Ron

[protected]@gmail.com

• Fa
    Craigslist - wrong phone number
    Miami
    Florida

I'have receive many calls, may be some body put wrong the phone number, please remove my phone number, thanks you 305 968 8921

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Craigslist - false dating ad
    Bristol
    Virginia

Started receiving responses to a dating ad that I didn't post. Phone number is 2767916971. Plz delete anything with this phone number