Cox Communications / awful experience
I've been a customer of Cox Communications for Internet service for several years. I used to have but then got rid of their tv service because it was the only way I could protest their ignoring my complaints that they stop sending me giant amounts of postal ads, which is bad for the environment as it is a big waste of paper.
So on to the current problem. The Cox email service has been down at least six times in the past two months for most of a day. Despite their denying this, I know for a fact that this has also caused lost email. They never have any explanation of what is going on, nor any idea when the service will be restored.
The crowning blow for this truly spectacular series of failures was the tech support(sic) guy telling me just now that 'after all, email is free.' Apparently Cox now has the theory that the $40 a month its customers pay suddenly does not include email.
The other major ISP in this area is Verizon FIOS, but Verizon insists on replacing the landline when they install FIOS, which means if there's a power failure you only have 4 hours of battery time for the 'regular' phone. If there's a flood (this is a low lying area), the batteries get ruined and you have no phone service.
Curses. I am nonetheless certainly going to look for alternatives. Cox really sucks. They are technically incompetent, have uninformed and snotty tech support people, and don't give a damn about their customers.
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - from local agents, to supervisors, to corporate level nonskilled and unconcerned
- Cox Communications - payment
- Cox Communications - contour tv
- [Resolved] Cox Communications - "unauthorized credit card charges"
- Cox Cable - rachel ray show 11 am channel 3.