Cox Cable / technical support

1 Youngtown, AZ, United States Review updated:

I recently started receiving pop up on my computer, i downloaded a couple of pop up blocker programs that came recommended, But I continue to get pop ups. I had talked to friends and they saaid they too were having problems with pop ups. I called today [protected]) and talked to a very nice tech one rep. She helped the best she could but did mention that they had made an upgrade to the system and had been receiving calls about the same problem. She was unable to help me so she sent me to a level two tech who seemed to be bothered my my call. I explained my problem and his answer was "Sure i can help you with that" It will ost $120.00 and how would you like to pay for that. Well, i was floored! I asked if this was new and his answer was he didnt know. I asked if there is anything they could do and he was silent a bit but then said pay the $120.00 and he will fix it. Since i dont have 120.00 sitting in my pocket just waiting to be spent i guess my last resort is to go to circuit city or best buy and try another pop up program. Lets just say my experience with cox cable was beyond crappy. Tech one is willing to help but if you have to go to a tech two then your screwed unless you cough up the money. Guess i wont call for their help anymore.

Comments

• At
      31st of Aug, 2009

The tier 2 you went to likely wasn't for cable, but for PC repair, and these Pop-ups have nothing to do with you ISP, they are an infection or a byproduct of the sites you visit.

A good AV/ firewal should fix it (You should get McAfee free from Cox) or even try a good forum for PC help, I would recommend www.helponthe.net its free, and the people there are more than willing to fix any problem for absolutely free.