[Resolved] CouponCabin / things could have been handled differently

I used couponcabin a lot and I would still recommend it. But I would advice everyone to go through their terms and conditions as they are very different from other cash back services. Like many other, I never read terms and conditions. So, ended up violating one which says account accessed from multiple devices. I have 5 devices at home and my all accounts (Facebook, google, ebates, etc.) are always signed in on them. I also signed in to couponcabin from all devices, so that it's convenient whenever I'm shopping. Little I knew that I'm violating their terms and conditions. I would have appreciated that they had a pop up window system which warns the customer that they are in violation of the terms but no. You just receive a mail that your account has been removed. I'm happy that they gave me my cash back. But would appreciate if they can make some changes so that the customers know beforehand if they are violating anything because 99% of them don't go through terms and conditions.

• Resolution statement

• CouponCabin Customer Care's Response, Dec 27, 2017

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

Hi
Dec 27, 2017

Comments

• El
      8th of Jan, 2018

If in the span of one month, each of two different people who live in different houses miles apart are *allowed* by CouponCabin's system to use a "members only" offer, only to find out (after the fact) that same system later considers it to be a violation (based solely on IP addresses, which do change from time to time, e.g.: they're almost always re-assigned to the ISP's other customers in the same area, after a power outage, or even if the modem is powered off), resulting in one or both of them being notified after the fact that because they've invalidly claimed and redeemed a "members only" offer, their account has been automatically cancelled and all accumulated cashback has been forfeited, then that is a system that is essentially a scam waiting to happen to a certain percentage of users.

So not only could things have been handled differently, they need to be. A scheme that allows users to select and use a "members only" offer but also expecting them to know (somehow?) if anytime in the prior month that anybody else who was at that time at same IP as your computer is now is a ludicrous expectation that would fail the "what a reasonable man can/would do" test.