Cottman Transmission / Transmission

1 4711 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: Jacksonville

We took the car in to the shop to have the transmission fixed. Before hand we had done some research online trying to find the best and cheapest way to get it done. We went through this company that worked with Cottman, the cost was right around $2, 500. First time in the shop I was rather disturb by how the manager Bill Wade behaved, very rude and disrespectful. He did not want to take my credit card as the source of payment, well that casued some dialogue which was not very nice. I walked outside and let my husband deal with him because I know that I have no tolerance for that. This car is my daughter's car, she is in Orlando going to college and was left stranded when the transmission slipped. This is the 3rd time it has been in the shop and believe me time is not of the essence for them, they will keep it for weeks on end. They are now saying that it is a part that is broken and that part was provided by a 3rd company that is out of business and that voids the warranty. Now he wants another $1, 500 - $1, 800 to fix the car. It is a 97 Acura CL...I can't see putting another $2, 000 or so in to this car. I am at a loss.

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2011

What shop did she ORIGINALLY take this vehicle to? We have done extensive research on this individual through our company's computer files and no such car (year, make or model) OR last name was ever pulled up on the computer in this center. As all individuals' whose car is WORKED on at any center MUST have documentation (we are all required by law) at the ORIGINAL center and this individual's car or name could not be located in Jacksonville, it would therefore stand to reason that the original work was done elsewhere. If that is the case AND it was still under warranty from that shop, it would be a warranty repair if the Originating Center ok'd the work only if it was NOT out of warranty - either mileage wise or date wise. This may have been the case. As for the credit card payment, the Jacksonville center cannot take a credit card payment on something NOT done - especially beforehand! Also, if the individual did buy parts for the car, the warranty clearly states " Any UNAUTHORIZED SERVICE, damage caused by mud, snow, accident, abuse or water, or damage caused by any component not part of the transmission or torque convertor, shall void the Warranty". This is probably what the individual got mad about because she had voided the warranty by having unauthorized service done and now wanted to have it fixed for free. Need to back up, read your warranty and admit you are wrong.