Costco / tire service

1 Canada Review updated:

November 2, 2016 my husband went to Costco Richmond BC branch to have our Honda CRV's tires replaced. He was early and waited until the store opened at 8 in the morning. It took an hour and a half to replaced all four tires with a a brand new set of Bridgestone 225x65xR17. He arrived home, showed me the receipts and mentioned to me that we should bring it back after 40 kilometers. Around 12 noon i drove the car to drop my daughter to her school but only few blocks away from my house, the car started swerving on highway 10. I tried so hard not to hit anyone and vice versa . We were in total shock thinking that it was the end of our lives. All vehicles around us went crazy trying to avoid getting close to us. It was a long struggle for me driving like that from the intersection of Highway 10 and 128 st until i finally turned left safely to 132 st. After we pulled over, it was a shocked when we saw all three(3) brand new tires that were just installed were laying flat on the ground. Me and my daughter hugged eachother bursted into tears and shaking bodies. I phoned and informed Costco about the incident. We agreed the car to be towed back to costco to fix it. They offered to deliver the car once its ready, and in the evening of that day we had the car delivered by a tow truck. Costco staffs gave their apologies and promised to fix the car but I questioning myself if this is enough? We almost lost our lives or we could almost killed somebody. This incident should be set as a lesson to the company and i want the costumers to be all aware that this can also happen to them. Costumers should take extra careful in choosing a place to fix their vehicle. Also make sure that equiments are carefully studied or tested for quality and make sure that they are not substandards. Ensure that the staff are well knowledgable and properly trained prior to actual job. I want this matter be brought for public awareness. I also demanded for atleast money back or refund to compensate the inconvenience and for the bad effect that might have an impact in our future's health physically and psychologically. I was able to captured the actual appearance of the car and some witnesses during the incident for legal purposes. Someone should be liable and learn a lesson from this horrible mistake . Dont let this to be taken for granted or until someone got hurt. Thank you.

Ma
Nov 3, 2016

Comments

• Es
      4th of Nov, 2016

from the looks of things, It looks like you have a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) installed on each tire.

Did these not go off saying that the tire pressure was low?