Costco / poor customer service
Costco has the most miserable customer service I have ever experienced. I once spent about 2 hours shopping, and was set to spend over 200 dollars. I waited in the long line and the cashier scanned all my stuff. I tried to pay with a VISA (most widely accepted credit card in the world) credit card, which apparently is not taken by Costco. It was the only form of payment I brought, and the cashiers would not take it. I asked to speak with the manager, who then repeatedly rolled his eyes when I explained to him my situation. As I began offering alternatives, he would just say NO without even hearing my entire explanation. I do realize that it was my own fault for not bringing the correct form of payment, but don't get angry at me for doing everything I can to save myself over 2 hours of my time.
After this experience with the manager, I immediately called the Costco customer service call center to complain about the way I was treated. I got on the phone and explained my situation about being inconvenienced both by their credit card policy and by the store manager. I explained that I was paying a flat fee to shop at a place that doesn't accept a form of payment that is very convenient for me, and that I was very angry about the way I was treated by the manager, and that the flat fee I'm paying isn't worth it for such poor service. I was expecting a discounted membership, or maybe set of coupons, but the low IQ people on the line did not know how to do their jobs very well. One of their main functions is to be sure that they do not lose customers, because it costs 10 times more to get a new customer than to hold on to an existing customer. However, after going three levels up the chain of command, I realized that they were not going to give.
These are my last words during a conversation with their main supervisor at the call center
Me: "I really enjoy shopping at Costco, I think they have great prices and I'd rather not cancel my membership. Is there any way you all can work with me to compensate me for the time I lost in your warehouse tonight as well as for the treatment I received from the store manager."
Supervisor: "I really don't know what you mean by "work with you".
Me: "How about a discounted membership or some coupons".
Supervisor: "Here at Costco we don't really do that. We at customer service don't give stuff like that".
Me: "Ok, cancel my membership"
I'm now a loyal Sam's club member, and their service is much better than Costco.
More Costco Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - simply purrfect kitty litter is an extremely poor imitation of litter purrfect.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - complaint against store manager eric at the citrus heights california store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Refresh Skin Therapy Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel/Skin burnt after use
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - refresh skin therapy fruit acid 15% gel peel
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - citibank card