convergent / Scam bill collect for nonexistent bills

10750 Hammerly Blvd. #200, Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 855-343-7885

They want me to pay to settle a debt. However, it is not my debt, and I have no intention of paying it.
They have made themselves unavailable to any person who refuses to define themselves as debtors.
The bill is not mine.
NWarren

Comments

• Ca
      13th of Aug, 2012

I just rcvd a notice too and I have no ideal what it is...I owe no bad debt...its not mine...this is a scam to get $$$...watch out...this needs to stop!!!

• Ev
      9th of Oct, 2012

I also received a bogus collections letter from Convergent with a return address: ATERSO01, PO BOX 1022, WIXOM, MI. I tried to call the 855-343-7885 several times getting a recording followed by a hang-up. Obviously I'm not paying them anything. Are they guilty of an FEC violation or is that only when they phone me?

6th of Jan, 2013

TOTAL AGREE WITH COMPAINT OF THIS PERSON, THESE ARE BAD SCAMMERS, SO ARREST THEM!

• Pi
      21st of Mar, 2013

Just rec'd a notice in the mail, in my husbands name for a utility of which has never been in his name...that particular utility has always been in my name in the state of NJ. ###s, I called them to dispute it 866-291-6364 and they wanted me to provide them with the last 4 digits of his social...NO WAY. Told them I wanted the information they got from this utility and the original service address, they are supposedly mailing it...yet another Scam to collect a debt that isn't ours, went through this last year with another collection agency: Portfolio Recovery...[censored]es.

• Ni
      14th of Jan, 2014

I was just contacted and asked to give my phone # which was called. I gave both my numbers and nothing showed up, the they wanted my SS#. That I'm not giving up. They're saying I have a debt with chase which I do not, it's not mine. I have a open chase account right now! I call back and they tell me neither of the numbers came up in their system but it's the numbers they have called me on.

• As
      1st of Feb, 2014

I received a letter dated 01/21/2014 stating that I owed a total of $866.84 for Disk Network, which I do not. I have no bad credit. That they were willing to accept $433.42 for settlement. I tried calling that number, but got no response.

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2014

i received a letter saying that i owed the bank$286.00, which i owe them anything. i have not been a member in 10yrs. when i left i had a paper sign that i did`t owe them any thing by housing, to get my Apartment.Suntrust Bank need to get it together. and the ones who buy this junk to get money people donot owe.
    this was sent to MARCH3, 2014
    FromVirginia Beach VA.

4th of Apr, 2014

I just received a letter stating that I owed 1, 146.31 and they're asking me to settle for 573.16. I have no debt and this is the first of this company I have heard of and not to mention no one has my home address and the address they have on the envelope has an apartment no on it and I don't live in an apartment . That sent up red flags immediately . I will not be giving them any money or calling them Because I'm likely to give them a few choice words not my number. Not to mention it doesn't specify who the debt is supposedly for.

22nd of Jun, 2014

I have received about six or seven different bills from Convergent. I wrote them a letter disputing each one. A few were from companies I've never done business with in my life.Its as if they are going to keep sending me bills until I pay one. I don't know how to get them to stop.

• Fr
      4th of Oct, 2014

I received a letter from them today stating that they had an old debt from Pallisades Collections. My original debt on this letter is from AT&T wireless. I haven't used AT&T for over 5 years. I tried calling their number but there is no one, I guess since today is Saturday, to talk to on their end. I turn over the letter and the very last sentence is as follows: The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt, we will not sue you for it, and we will not report it to any credit reporting agency.
    So in other words they were hoping I were ignorant enough to just send them money or give them my credit card information to pay this old debt.
    If anyone gets a letter from Convergent be sure to do some checking before you pay them. Funny how they make their letters look like a check payable to you.

• De
      25th of Feb, 2015

I sold my condo on January 9, 2015 and closed my account with my electric company. I got a call today at work...Convergent had that phone number AND my cell number, saying that I owed CL&P over $225.00. I told them my attorney had taken care of all of my bills, paid what I owed and it was impossible for me to have an outstanding debt. They told me I was responsible unless I could give them all the information from my attorney. I told the guy he should get a different job. I wonder how many people send them money. How do you sleep at night, Convergent???

• Ca
      14th of Apr, 2015

Watch these guys! They called and sent a letter trying to collect fake debt. My husband and I are currently refinancing and I have seen our credit reports multiple times over the years. He does not show any outstanding or unpaid debt. If this was legitimate it would be on our credit reports and we wouldn't have scores over 800!

• 12
      8th of May, 2015

Received a call from Convergent today regarding a bill from phone/internet company. They used a local number to call, so that was fishy. Called them back 505-545-6529, and spoke with a representative, she asked fro a phone number, and I wouldn't give it, asked to speak with a supervisor. Was transferred to a Susie T., she asked for my phone and I wouldn't give it to her either, she said her phone was 877-341-0006. I asked why they used a local number, she couldn't/wouldn't answer that. Called phone/internet co. and asked them if they used this company, and they said they did. Just too fishy, why they would use a local number, then give an 877 number to contact them by. BE CAREFUL when dealing with these people. Contact the company that is supposed to have contacted them in regards to the situation.

30th of Jun, 2015

We have received a scam "Settlement Offer" from:
    Convergent Outsourcing Inc
    800SW 39th St./P.O. Box 9004
    Renton, WA 98057
    Their website is payconvergent.com and phone is 855-849-6980

They sent my husband a couple letters claiming he owed $982.11 principal, $851.39 interest, and offered a settlement of $1, 100.10. The supposed original creditor was Providian.

The letter looks quite official. All the right wording. I've handled a lot of these for my husband because he avoided debt collectors for years and it took us about 5 years to settle-up with everyone to rebuild his credit for buying a house. But we got him all out of debt a year and a half ago and I never saw anything of this on his credit report. So I just pulled his credit report again, and sure enough, it's not being reported so I haven't responded to this. It looks legit, but I'm calling it a scam until I actually see it on his credit report.

Interesting to note that they sent a couple letters early in the year and since I didn't respond, I've received nothing else and it is now June 30th. If these guys really are debt collectors, they give up easier than any other collectors I've ever met.

• Ph
      25th of Aug, 2015

Just got a call from this scam outfit trying to collect a utility bill from 2009, which is not mine. Tells me my name is on the bill; however, I own the building, rent it out and have never had a utility bill in my name at that address. 2009, never heard a word about this before, never. Why wait until 6 years later if they consider this to be a legitimate debt, which it is not.

• Ou
      24th of Sep, 2015

Just got a settlement offer for an old debt. When I looked up my credit report it says the debt was removed almost three years ago. I have no idea what to do since I have never gotten any communication about this debt before.

• Ro
      27th of Jan, 2016

Some goof good at making realistic collections notices pretending to be collecting on behalf of Sprint. The individual probably could care less about people who figured it's not their bill, they just want to make money off of the people who see stuff like this and send a check.

5th of Feb, 2016

I received a collection notice from this agency, Convergent Outsourcing in Renton, WA, informing me that I owe a debt of $204.85, submitted by US Cellular. I immediately call my cell phone carrier because I pay them every month and have an active account with them. They have no record of sending me to collection since my account is current. Besides, if I had not paid this debt, my service would have been interrupted, which has never been the case. I called the number for Convergent, 800-331-6892 and one of their "representatives, " informed me that this debt was from 2014, but I was welcome to dispute it. After reading all these other complaints, I think I'll file it, in the trash. Definitely sounds like a scam.
    Martin Kucinski 02/05/2016

• Ka
      11th of Mar, 2016

Just received a bill from Convergent Outsourcing in Renton, WA. They're saying I have a bill in collections in the amount of $238.11 from Verizon. I have lived in Oregon for the last 15 years and the last time I had Verizon as a carrier was over 15 years ago in Chicago. I'm sure glad all you guys listed this company as a fraud because I started to make out a check and then I decided to check the interent. Now it's going in the garbage. Thanks for all your comments.

28th of Aug, 2016

i called the FCNB and they informed me this was a scam and i never had a card from them i gave them all my info a bill from 2002 really that what 16 years old i don't think so i called them told them the woman said nope scam

• Al
      18th of Oct, 2016

I just got letter from Convergent saying that I owe $5, 137.84. The creditor is Velocity Investment, LLC. The original creditor Providian. I called them a lady answered. I told her the letter was a collection for Velocity Investment, LLC and she said she don't recall the name. She asked for the account number, when I gave it to her she transferred me to a guy. When he got on the line he said that the debt from a card I had back in 1998, the last payment I made was 2003. I said this is 2016, I never had a card from Providian. I never heard Velocity nor Providian . He said he was going to put it down as fraud, and send the paperwork back to Velocity so they can investigate it. After hanging up, I looked up Velocity Investment, LLC on the net. Nothing good was said about them.

• Al
      9th of Apr, 2017

They just sent me a bil saying i owed T-mobile USA $197.59. My account is paid up to date with T-mobile and active... I've been with them for more then 10 years now. So if I hadn't paid T-mobile my phone would have been shut off. This is a definitely fraud. I will not be calling them but I will be going to the bank and T-mobile and let them know someone is trying to use their agency for collections. Heads up.

• Oz
      5th of May, 2017

Thank you guys for alerting people of this scam. I received letter dated 4/19/17 and was online getting ready to pay it when I seen the beware of scam site! Very very grateful of it cause honestly couldn't remember if I had debt with original company or not? I remember the credit card years ago but thought had squared up with them (which I have) but was just gonna pay to get it out of the way. Original supposed debt was 144.24 which thought was weird total and they'd settle for 36.06 so glad I seen this page!!! Glad to see they still trying to keep the scam alive lol. Also back of my letter last line reads this lil tidbit now. "We cannot sue to collect this debt and providing a partial payment may revive the creditors ability to sue to collect the balance" basically saying make your reduced payment so we can go ahead and sue you for all of it. Fnnn ### thanks for trying to take advantage of honest people

• Ar
      27th of Jan, 2018

Also received a letter today for a debt that was supposedly from Comcast in the amount of $286.00 (they seem to like that amount). We closed our account with Comcast last year and received a check from them for monies owed to us so I knew we didn't owe anything. This is a scam. If you haven't pulled your credit report I would recommend doing so to make sure this isn't on it. We are.

• De
      1st of Apr, 2019

I just received a bill from them saying I owe 433.00 to citizens bank and they will settle for 216.00. I asked them when was this and I was never notified from Citizens directly and I was never a primary on that account which was from 2006 or 2007. This is 2019. I called them it seemed shakey. I called Citizens too and they don’t even have me in their system. It is weird that they have all personal identification. Scared too.😕

• Ka
      13th of Apr, 2019

Thank you for sharing your stories. I just got a notice from Convergent offering to settle my bill with Comcast, for 65% of the total balance. Problem- I have never had Comcast! I will be calling them on Monday, and I will also notify both our local PD about this scam, but also everyone I know.