Continental Finance Company / Sent me bill for card I didn't activate

1 PO Box 8099Newark, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 - 518 - 6141

I was expressly told that if I didn't activate this card upon receipt it was null and void. I called after reading a complaint on this site to the [protected] number in the complaint and decided I didn't want this card and was told don't activate it and it will be okay.

I've never used this, but now have an inquiry on my credit!!!!!

Comments

• Sw
      22nd of Apr, 2008

On Nov 02 2007 I called Continental Finance because I had notice some unauthorized charges on my account in the amount of $193.75. When I called customer service I spoke to the site manager by the name of Kevin which advised that I needed to place a stop on the card and once that was done I would receive a letter that I would have to sign within 3 to 6 months of the dispute being opened 3 weeks later I received a new card. When I received looked online 03/05/08 I notice that my balance was $259.10 over the Credit limit of $600.00. I called customer service and told them that I did not agree with the amount and the Customer service rep could not tell me why there had been a difference of $259.10 so she transferred me to a sup by the name of Marvin which he also could not explain what happened to my account. He advised me not to make my payment of $50.00 payment until I receive a call from a manager. My payment was due on the 14th and I didn't want to make a late payment so I decided to make my $50.00 payment online. Two days late I called again to customer service to see why I had not received a call I was promised and once again I was transferred to a sup. I was told that my $50.00 payment was fine and I would not receive any fees. Well I then notice a $35.00 fee along with a $35.00 over limit fee. I then received a call from collections asking for my payment. I explain to them my issue and the sup told me he did not care the only thing he cared about was me making another payment. I told him that I had notice on my statement that I was being charged again for the disputed amount of $193.75 he told me no that I had received credit for that amount. I advised him that if I had received credit for that amount then my balance of been $406.16. Which my previous balance was $599.91. Till this day this has not been corrected and I have now been charged $140.00 in fees and my balance is now $854.29 and I have been receiving collection calls even thought I have continued to make my monthly payments.

• Ca
      8th of Oct, 2008

I have recently applied for this credit card and now I am regreating my choice. It has not come yet, nor a bill. What should I do? Just not activate it? Please let me know.

• Ka
      4th of Aug, 2016
    Continental Finance Company - Horrible customer service and no security!
    Continental Finance Company

This is the worst credit card I have ever had, I have over 7 credit cards, and this is by far the most aggravating and upsetting one. My identity got stolen back in July, and they sold it. Because of that, I have many open cases in various states, like Nevada, and Florida. (I live in Oklahoma). I also have a freeze on my credit, so that if anyone tries to run it, or change anything on any of my accounts, they must contact me first for permission. I check my online account with Continental Finance on a regular basis, and I'm glad I do. I did not think anything peculiar with my account, but I checked and saw that my address had been changed to a Georgia Address!!! Of course, I was furious, and tried to call their Customer Service. It was a Sunday, and they are only open M-F, 8-5. So I filed police reports, etc., and called them bright and early M morning. Unfortunately, it's true, that everything is automated, I got disconnected from the automated operator 4 times because MY actual zip code did not match MY file. I finally got this GA address that it was changed to, and was able to speak to someone. Their Customer service team was very rude and acted like it was my fault. I found out that someone who has my identity called up there, said I had moved, changed my address and got sent a new card!!! All without my knowledge. I informed them I was canceling both cards I had with them because of this, and the supervisor was rude and acted like I was out of line for being so dramatic.

Bottom line-- do NOT get this card, there are many many more cards out there where you can get better customer service, and they have a better act of security (especially if you are a victim of identity theft like me!!)

-Kate

Tampa
    Florida
    Phone: 800-518-6141
    www.ezcardinfo.com

GOT A BILL FOR A LINE OF CREDIT I COULD'NT USE TILL THE BALANCE WAS PAID OFF. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW THIS COMPANY TO GET YOU LIKE IT HAS DONE TO ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT ARE TRYING TO GET BACK ON THERE FEET.THIS COMPANY IS MAKING TONS OFF PEOPLE FOR CREDIT THEY WILL NEVER GET TO USE, AS FAR AS I THINK THEY SHOULD BE BANDED FROM THE CREDIT DEPARTMENT UNTILL THEY GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY ARE SINGING UP FOR NOT A HUGE BILL THAT THEY WILL NEVER PAY OFF AND A LINE OF CREDIT THEY WILL EVER USE OR BE ABLE TO USE.