Continental Finance Company / Poor service!

I recently am a new customer with Continental Finance Company and they took an ACH payment out of my bank account 4 days prior to when I scheduled it for. They charged me a $30.00 check return fee, a $30.00 over balance fee, and a $30.00 late fee.

There is no reason a company should ever pull money from an account prior to the authorized date.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Oct, 2007

I have no doubt that what you say is true. They do not want you to pay on time (despite the incessant calls starting ten days before) and they certainly don't want you to pay it off. I wrote a review elsewhere that all of a sudden my debit card isn't "valid" (even before I tried to input a payment)..never mind I had used it just before and just after the call to CF..successfully, I might add.

This company is a total rip-off, which is a shame, as I have had great luck with other First Bank of Delaware credit products.

31st of Jan, 2008

They got into my checking account before payment date also. Did not authorise this. Also sent payment with money order and they still took money out of account. Called to cancel card. Extremely rude. Could not get a confirmation on cancellation. Balances do not match my records. This company needs to be reported to Attorney General Office. Does anyone care? How does someone fight back?

• Rj
      18th of Aug, 2008

I TOO RECENTLY WAS APPROVED FOR A CONTINENTAL FINANCE CREDIT CARD NEVER RECEIVED IT AND NOW THEY WON'T ANSWER MY CALL IT GOES TO A DIGITAL RECORDING AND THEN HANGS UP