Continental Airline / Delayed flight caused missed connection and hotel expense

1 205 Boulder Point DriveSt Peters, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 314 497 7455

My confirmation code was CYBCZQ. I was to fly from St. Louis to Houston Texas and on to Anchorage Alaska on June 19. Due to bad weather in Houston, we had to land in College Station, Texas.

Flight CO2345 Stl to Houston
to catch flight CO407 from Houston to Anchorage.

Due to the delay my connecting flight was missed. Continental put me on the next available flight... the next morning leaving from Houston to Seattle and finally to Anchorage. Not only did I have to stay in a hotel the 19th, but I also lost a day of travel / vacation in Alaska. I was placed on flight CO 167Y departing from gate c-31 SEAT 14F and departed Houston @7:55 AM.

While making the reservations, I had purchased Access America flight insurance from the Continental web site. When I submitted my flight delay claim, I was told that I needed to obtain written verification by Continental that the flight was delayed and for what reason.

I called Continental and after two 40 minute waits, I finally obtained a website that I was to apply for this letter. The website given to me was a bogus one. So here I am stuck without reimbursement for covered expenses incurred due to Continental flight delays.

I am very disgusted with Continental Airlines and its flight insurance company "Access America".

Comments

• Ne
      12th of Jun, 2008
    Continental Airline - delays
    Continental Airlines
    Cleveland Hopkins airport
    Cleveland
    Ohio
    www.continental.com

1.Ticket counter employee & manager issued documents with improper ID information. When presented with ID on driver's license issued boarding passes & tickets with wrong names.
    2. Faulty financial transactions. Didn't issue proper refunds...
    3. Callousness & insensitivity to injured passenger.

• In
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    Continental Airline - delays
    New York

I don't normally fly Continental. We booked 4 rewards tickets on Delta mileages and Continental (their partner) was the only airline that has 4 seats available. That should have explain everything (no one really choose to fly with Continental)
    Our flight was delayed and got in our destination past midnight. My two toddlers had been really patient waiting in new york airport for 6 hours for a 3 hours flight. Everything was closed when we arrived. No hotel shuttle; no car service. We were told to spend a night at the airport if we are not willing to pay for our Taxi ride. Do they really care about our safety? How can we sleep at the airport with two toddlers? If I do fall asleep at the gate and my children went missing, who is going to be responsible? I might even get arrest for child neglect. We paid for a $30 taxi ride to a near by hotel so we can go back to the airport to pick up the rental car in the morning. They first told me it was a weather problem and later change their story to traffic control. Either way, they said "Continental simply do not care." They have no obligation. Making a long story short, they did something to our originally booking and split my reservation with my two toddlers. We suppose to get a free check-bag with Continental credit card holder. All passenger travel under one reservation should each get a free check-in luggage. It's no longer true after they "split" our reservation. I spent almost an hour at the counter to straighten this out. I know if I paid, I would have a very hard time to claim it back. It was really for the principal. They probably do that on purpose, so they have a way to collect more money from passenger. I question them about the split. They said it has to do with the outbound delays. The conclusion was : They said they were glad the issue was resolved at the airport (on my expense). They didn't care the time that I spent. It's such an insult. My family and I will never fly Continental again. They were on the news recently posting their lost and claim that they have decreased number of passengers. They still don't learn their lesson to be more humane and keep telling their passengers that they are glad about problem was resolved on passengers expense.