Continental Airline / Delayed flight caused missed connection and hotel expense
My confirmation code was CYBCZQ. I was to fly from St. Louis to Houston Texas and on to Anchorage Alaska on June 19. Due to bad weather in Houston, we had to land in College Station, Texas.
Flight CO2345 Stl to Houston
to catch flight CO407 from Houston to Anchorage.
Due to the delay my connecting flight was missed. Continental put me on the next available flight... the next morning leaving from Houston to Seattle and finally to Anchorage. Not only did I have to stay in a hotel the 19th, but I also lost a day of travel / vacation in Alaska. I was placed on flight CO 167Y departing from gate c-31 SEAT 14F and departed Houston @7:55 AM.
While making the reservations, I had purchased Access America flight insurance from the Continental web site. When I submitted my flight delay claim, I was told that I needed to obtain written verification by Continental that the flight was delayed and for what reason.
I called Continental and after two 40 minute waits, I finally obtained a website that I was to apply for this letter. The website given to me was a bogus one. So here I am stuck without reimbursement for covered expenses incurred due to Continental flight delays.
I am very disgusted with Continental Airlines and its flight insurance company "Access America".
More Continental Airline Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- Continental Airlines - What a pathetic way to run a business! 
- United Airlines - us customs and airline cancellation.
- United Airlines - Baggage information
- United Airlines - unexpected baggage fees
- United Airlines - united airlines customer service
- Air Canada And United Airlines And Aeroplan - discriminatory and unethical behaviour