Consumer Portfolio Services / Unprofessional business tactics

Saint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
These people have called me so many times at work daily and just today left me a message with the receptionist at my job saying to take my things out of the car because they are coming to get it. There is a law against releasing your personal information to others but then when I called them they told me that I have not been answering them so they will keep calling.

The supervisor I spoke with was just as rude as everyone else. I regret the day I ever signed up with these people for a car loan. They threaten to take the car and yell at you, then say you are having an attitude. Absolutely unprofessional!
Li

Comments

Je
  5th of Feb, 2008
Here's a little something to perk you up.

Report: CPS
Category: Government Services

CPS Consumer Portfoilo Service Cussed, Harrassed and Threaten Irvine California
Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or can you provide "insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or person? Want Justice? File a [redacted] and don´t let them get away with it!
CPS

Submitted: 1/16/2008 10:43:22 PM
Modified: 1/16/2008 10:43:00 PM
Big poppa
herein, Kentucky

How about this, I got a loan in September and paid on time. I came into some money and I called the payoff phone number. I got the balance and went to the bank and got a cashier's check. I sent the check to the payoff address.
Then out of the blue I get a phone call. Not hello or how you doing but a very rude female which started the conversation with Why are you paying off your truck. I asked the person who they were and I got the CPS legal Department as a answer.

Then I was asked how i got the money to pay it off. I responded it really wasn't their business but i told them anyway. Then I asked, Why the legal department would contact me because I paid off the loan, of course I didnot recieve an answer.

then a few days later I get a call from some towing company telling me that they were going to repo my vehicle. I explained to the gentleman that it would be in the best interest of all the parties involed if he didn't pursue my vehicle.

I was then connected to the same lady that had called me before I believe her name was Connie this time she demanded a payment on the loan. I told her she should have already recieved a check from the bank and gave her the bank info etc. Then she called me a habital lair and a mother and yes I responed with my own feelings of her actions. I was threaten with being arrested for terroist threating and harrassment and they me.

And she told me she was contacting the local law enforcement. but if she had looked at my contract she would have known I am the local law enforcement authorty. So I called my lawyer and had her take over the resolution.

Now it gets better after my lawyer finished her phone conversation with Connie I got three phone calls in which they hung up on me in the presents of my lawyer and the persiding judge who just so happened to be in the room. then another call came and Connie told me on my speaker phone which I did record that ' I have done it now, having my lawyer call her that i better watch out because I was going to Get IT' . Good thing I had a room full of witnesses and lawyers oh and one State Senator who was extermly upset at the tactics.

Now later after my lawyer called back to request information and names and phone records oh and after my lawyer got off the phone with the US District Attorny's Office.

I did recieve a phone call from a lady that was pleasent and she wanted to see how we could mediate this problem. It's simple I paid you off, release the title and we are done. I will not be bullied.

Big poppa
herein, Kentucky
U.S.A.
Je
  10th of Feb, 2008
These people are rentless!!! I regret the day I ever got a loan with them. I actully avoid speaking to them becuase they are so rude!! They question what I do with my money. The lady actually asked me what do I do with all my money that my payment was late. These people are rude and nasty so are the supervisors. One lady was so nasty she actually had me crying. I had to write a nasty letter to the upper mangement to get any sort of response from these people that was not a nasty one. However that did not last long. I hate this company and cant wait until this freaking car is paid off 1 more year.
Na
  27th of Feb, 2008
Hhow does one go about filing a rip-off?
Da
  29th of Feb, 2008
This company is rude. DO NOT GET A CAR LOAN FROM. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. They are unprofessional.
To
  6th of Mar, 2008
It is also rude to agree contractually to pay for something you want and not pay in a timely manner. Get real and pay your bills on time.
Lo
  30th of May, 2008
I live in girard pa, my credit is about a 600 so i went to a local car lot [bob ferrando ford world] i traded my car in for 500.00 I spent 3 days filling out paperwork signed everything transfered my title and drove away in my 2005 ford escape.Well 8 weeks later and several calls from consumer portfolio and bob ferrando ford, also a383.00 payment made' bob ferrando ford called me and told me they want the vehicle back, and consumer portfolio kicked back the paperwork and wont finance due to a change of address problem.Well i got my old car back'''''''and a screw you from bob ferrando and consumer portfolio this company needs stopped and these desparate dealerships who sucker you in and dont care how your mentally hurt are just as guilty . STAY CLEAR OF CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES PLEASE.

Consumer Portfolio Services Logo Consumer Portfolio Services