Conn's / customer service

1 P.O. Box 2358Beaumont, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-634-7118

I purcahsed a Poulan Pro Rototiller on 3/30/08. The second time I used it the drive shaft in the transmission broke. Conn's said I had to take it 60 miles to their service center. Poulan Pro told me to take it 5 miles to one of their authorized service centers.
The PP service center stated it had a defective drive shaft and would cost more to repair than replace. They gave me a written statement to give to Conn's so I could get an exchange. Conn's stated their mechanic had to make a decision.
Conn's took the tiller on 5/20/o8. as of 7/8/08 they still haven't had time to look at it. The store manager in white settlement, TX states he cannot do anything for me until they look at it. I asked if he could call someone to see what the delay was. He said he could not and that he has 4 refrigerators in the same limbo.

I have repeatedly called Conn's service center and complaint center. The complaints center puts you on hold without asking and then transfers you from person to person. The final transfer was a recording stating that the service center was now closed. It was amazing.
Their sign says award winning customer service. Who gave these people an award.
I googled Conn's Customer service to find a better number and found this web site. The complaints I read were the same story.
I do not recomend using Conn's at all.

La

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Apr, 2011

I bought an air conditioning unit from them along with an extended warranty and they sure "Conned" me too. They came and picked up the unit and had it in their warehouse for a full month "repairing" it. Then they would make a date for delivery and not show up or even call. So finally they show up, install it, turn it on and it makes this horrible grinding noise and smells like it's burning. I tell the guys that it's not repaired, but they wouldn't take it back to their warehouse. They just left it. So, not only have I been without air conditioning for a month, but they brought it back MORE broken than when it left! After they left, the until finally crapped out and wouldn't even turn on. I call and tell them this, so they decide to send a third party repairman out. He says that it is completely broke and it would cost the price of TWO new units to repair this one, so he says he is going to report that to Conn's and see what they wanted to do. So, I call to see what they are doing about it, they say I "refused service" (at this point, I am literally crying because I didn't refuse service and it is so hot in my house, chocolate is melting) so they want to send ANOTHER guy out. This guy comes to the same conclusion ("YUP it's broken!" DUHHHH it won't even TURN ON!) and they STILL haven't given me a new one, which is what my warranty says! They should have given me a new one from the beginning, but they are lazy and do not care at ALL about their customers. So, I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau. I might even file a lawsuit against them, because this is just ridiculous! Anyone who has problems with Conn's (and I'm sure you do, because they have the worst customer service in HISTORY) I would suggest doing the same, because no matter how patient you are or how long you wait, THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND WILL NOT HELP YOU OUT! It takes a lot to get me THIS pissed off...I am making it my mission for the rest of my life to put them out of business...I am telling everyone I know this story and I am warning people that they should buy from Best Buy instead. I have NEVER had a problem with Best Buy. Maybe Conn's should take some pointers from them and actually do what they say they are going to do. So thanks for being complete and total ###S Conn's and prepare for war, because you shouldn't be allowed to deal with people, let alone be in business anymore...

28th of Dec, 2013

wow, is what i keep thinking...bought 3 samsung t.v's from conns, salesman was promised great service plan for accidents, i thought yea sounds good and paid extra. first time of my life needed it broke the lcd screen accident...called service, they came out...we can fix it...still waiting... this is a back in forth thing parts on the truck, no its not, the store salesman says buy accident coverage if u break it we will replace it or fix it...they got me on the "fix it"...still waiting...best buy has 14day warranty to fix or replace.

20th of Dec, 2014

Have been a 15 year customer. Purchased a lap top. It was defective. Tried to return it. They would not take it it back after 1 day. they said it had to go back to the manufacturer. The manufacturer said take it back to the store. The store would not take it back. Total Mickey Mouse operation. The manufacturer finally took it back, a three week process before I had a lap top that worked. DO NOT PURCHASE ELECTRONICS FROM CONNS, THEY DO NOT BACK IT UP. I will never purchase anything from them again. Their "Easy" credit terms get you in there, but their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. A major company that will not return a product. I also purchase a LG refrigerator 2 years ago. Funny story. I could not get Conns to come out and fix it correctly. The LG customer service told me to call them, NOT CONNS, that Conns repair was horrible. I should have learned. Anyway, I purchase $10, 000 a year in electronics, never again from "Conns artists". I just furnished my new home from Best Buy, they did a great job.

• Re
      18th of Feb, 2016

i pay over how much i need to every month for each payment but they charge me for a "late fee". and know they wont even fix this problem all they want me to do is pay off how it says to.

6th of Jun, 2016

this company gets worst each time I make a purchase. I was making a purchase on a refrigerator. First of all the sales purchase added charges before consulting with me and was up set when I spoke with her about it. Okay they would call me on the delivery, I waited four days not a call. I called them on the fourth day and was told the refrigerator will out of stock and would be in on Thursday, I would get a call on Thursday with the time. When I didn't hear from them I made the call. I was placed on hold for a while and when they returned to the phone again it was stated that the refrigerator was not in stock . The projected delivery date would be December 25th 2016. I stated this is June. Original I stated to the sales person if that particular refrigerator was not in stock I would go with another one. This was communicated at the time of the other purchase. At no time did I hear from the sales person or no one else. I went to the store and canceled the order. I prefer not to purchase anything else from Conn's. I have made several purchases and every time it's a problem with the delivery. ( Very Poor Customer Service.)

19th of Aug, 2016

On 07/13/2016 .I went to Conns in Conroe Tx to buy air conditioning. Anyway it's to big for my windows. So on 07/14/2016 I returned it. They just closed the account. I want it off of my credit altogether because it was returned.