Con Edison / billing disputes
I live above a store in a commercial neighborhood, for some reason when I called in to connect my service con edison said that they have no record of any apt in above the store.After much calling finally I got my electricity turned on. M y first bill was $277.00, which was in November of 2007 and I thought to myself it was kind of high seeing that I was not settled in completely yet because I was still going back to my mom apt most of the month. Low and behold my second bill was $500, following that the bill was $788 and I couldnt understand this seeing that i work ten hours a day therefor am not home for at least 12 hours a day, I lived alone, my stove is electricity but I dont cook and I could not figure out home one person(myself) can use so much electricity. I called con edison numerous times and still I did not receive any answers. They said they read the meter and its correct, they asked me about my appliances which is not too much and still they justified the billing.I continue to receive high bills. There was a particular month that I went away for two week out of the month and my bill was still $200, is that possible? Now am really tired of this monopoly company thats in New York and the govt is not doing anything to help. Today I received a bill for $958 and I am adamant about paying this bill. I will let my story be heard by everyone. This is ridiculous now.
More Con Edison Complaints & Reviews
- Con Edison - overcharging 
- Con Edison - deposit requirement
- Con Edison - deposit & harassment 
- Con Edison - meter reading appt 
- Con Edison - conspiracy & fraud 
- Con Edison - electricity bill roll over from 2012
- Con Edison - gas meters changed and one tenant complain about gas smell
- Con Edison - wire repair, concrete repair, blocking driveways, trip hazards, on a condo property
- Con Edison - complaining about a driver.
- Con Edison - refusal to refund $1,900