Con Edison / overcharging
For over a year now we have been fighting Con Edison for overcharging us. In August of 2005 we received a bill of over $1,700, ususally our bill varies between $80 and $140. We called Con Edison informing them that we live in a 2 bedroom apartment, and that this amount was impossible. In January a technician come out to check our meter which is located in the basement of an MRI office located in our building. They said that the meter reading was correct, and to pay this amount. We had always been on time with our bills, and feel like we are fighting Goliath. We don't know what to do anymore. We contacted the Consumer Protection Agency here in NYC but they haven't done anything for us. What else can we do?
Thanks for your help,
More Con Edison Complaints & Reviews
- Con Edison - deposit requirement
- Con Edison - deposit & harassment 
- Con Edison - meter reading appt 
- Con Edison - conspiracy & fraud 
- Con Edison - crazy bill
- Con Edison - employee complaints
- Con Edison - steel plate covering a vacant coned vault.
- Con Edison - electric line coming into building
- Con Edison - restore power
- Con Edison - over charging me a deposit with