Comwave / Comwave refuses to cancel service and charging credit card for service that no longer works!

Canada, Ontario, North York Review updated:
4884 Dufferin Street
North York
Phone: 416-663-0266
I have been experiencing poor cutomer service and fraudulent behavior!

I had my service for about 3 years and at the time I had purchased their wireless phone the UT1000. The phone started acting up after 6 months i called the company and they told me it was the battery or the charger. I lived with the issue another 7 months and the phone refused to connect to wireless access points. I called the company and they gave me the same excuse, battery and charger, so I caved and purchased these two items from them. After receiving the devices i tried to get the phone to work and it had the same problem. I asked them to replace the phone but they refused saying that the model was discontinued and that i would have to buy a wired device! i decided to hack my phone to get the network settings in order to use my voip using XLITE. I successfully used the service until a month ago when just stopped. i called the company and they refused to help me saying that I had one or their wire devices ( A lie). i asked them to cancel the service and they asked me for a number to contact me. I could not give them a number because my voip phone was my only number!!! so they refused to cancel my service and they continued to charge my credit card for two months!!! I am still trying to get this service cancelled...
COMWAVE ARE FRAUDS do not register for their service!!!
As long as you have no problems things will be ok, but god forgive if you have a problem, good luck! And they will not allow you to cancel your service easily... maybe never!!!

Comwave Customer Care - [protected]
4884 Dufferin Street, North York, ON M3H5S8

A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
I had similar issue with their long distance service. Had hard time cancelling service.
N  6th of Feb, 2017 by
@Has I ended its service in about 2012. But since November of 2016, it let some debt-claiming company to charge my fees of long-distance calling which I never used. Very low quality service, very hard cancellation and 4-year-later claim fee from lying. You choose this company, you choose nightmare!
D  10th of Sep, 2009 by
A  30th of Sep, 2009 by
I had similar issue with their long distance service. No cancellation!!!
N  26th of Oct, 2009 by
you guys scared me alot. I was planning to disconnect my Bell services.
N  14th of Dec, 2009 by
same complaint here:

Mary signed a 2 years long contract just for a cheaper price with Comwave for the Comwave iPhone Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone. For some reason, she was tired of Comwave and decided to switch to another company. Earlier this year, she phoned up Comwave and knew that her contract would be expired in July. So she just waited for the contract to expire, and expected that her August invoice of the Comwave VOIP internet phone would show the regular price since her contract would have already been expired in July.

She was totally wrong. The invoice of her Comwave VOIP internet phone kept showing the contract price. It seemed that her internet phone contract with Comwave would never expire. So she phoned up Comwave again and only to be told that the Comwave had automatically renewed her contract for another year, WITHOUT her permission NOR any notification email or letter to her, because she did not tell Comwave to terminate her contract in last July. The Comwave's reason : that is the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.

She was also being warned that the early cancellation of her one year unauthorized contract would cost her $200 in total for the 10 unexpired months, i.e. $20 for every unfufilled month of the new unauthorized contract.

After arguing for a long time to no avail, Mary finally gave up :
"OK. But please make a note in my account : do NOT make another unauthorized renewal when this unauthorized contract is expired."

The Comwave's answer :
"No. You have to call us again in next July. It is your responsibility not ours according to the Terms and Conditions."

"I have a hard time to even remember the anniversary date of my marriage. Could you please send me an email or letter to remind me when it is going to be expired ?"
"No. We cannot do that."

"OK then, I am notifying you now : just cancel and stop my account when the contract is expired."
"No. We cannot do that."

"I would like to file a complaint, please give me your contact email address or mailing address for my letter."
"No. We do not provide this kind of information."

For now, Mary has to stuck with the Comwave. She would not be able to switch to another internet VOIP phone company for at least another 10 more months. Mary now only hopes that she will remember to call Comwave in the next anniversary month of her new Comwave's unauthorized contract.

Think again before you sign any contract with Comwave for the Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone.
N  21st of Jan, 2010 by
i am having problem with comwave thay donot give you any information and one of my friend talked to their director and he said this is our way of maketing...hahaha giving no information and fraud charges...
A  29th of Mar, 2010 by
I am trying to cancelling the service and nobody answers the phone!!! I called them a month ago to cancel the services and I was told to wait to the last day to cancel. But now I can not get in touch with them. I tried the Comwave Customer Care - 416-663-0266 but it is not in service. What can I do?
N  21st of Oct, 2010 by
approx.3months back i returned the device means i do nt need your service.but to my suorise you go on charging me throug my credit card.i phoned several times to cancel my plan all in vein.
N  9th of Nov, 2010 by
Please understand that when ever you contact comwave you are calling customer service and those reps cannot cancel the account so they ll have to forward the request to cancellation department . without you providing the phone number they cannot have the cancellation department contact u .

N  13th of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
People need to stop being so stupid. Read the freaking contract and remember the terms! I would think something like "you must pay $20 for every month left in the contract" would be a major thing to remember. Perhaps more major than someone's birthday. Just a thought.
N  30th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am having the very same complaint...not sure how to approach this
N  29th of Dec, 2013 by
Stay away from comwave!!!

After terrible customer service I cancelled my internet service with them and they continue to charge me despite the fact I have returned the modem. I have a $300 bill full of "invoice credits". When I call them they put me on hold for over 2 hours. I put my phone on speaker and watched a whole movie. Then finally someone came back and when they realized I was still waiting I was hung up on.

They continue to bill for "invoice credits" and now expect me to pay them $651 or else they will go to creditors. I am still trying to get a straight answer from them.

A  21st of Oct, 2014 by
I hate comwave. They agreed that they will give me a refund, and cancel my account. They even sent me an email to confirm that they canceled my account and refund my money back to my card. Boy what a big fat lie i found later. The next month, I found out that they kept on charging my credit card and I had no refund. I tried to call them back and the sales girl hung up on me! I am so fed up with this company. I will pursue legal action for sure this time!
A  5th of Jan, 2018 by
Comwave's service is the worst. My phone service stopped working on October 31 and I tried calling them from my cell on a number of occasions but could never get and was in the hold queue for over long periods of times each time I tried to call them over a period of several weeks. I also tried email with no immediate response. Frustrated by the inability to get through I decided to cancel my service and sent an email and received a response that I had to speak to an agent in order to cancel - but of course could not reach an agent by phone. A few weeks later I finally spoke with an agent and I was told I had to speak to his supervisor and he put me in the waiting queue again where I was placed on hold for over 15 minutes and in frustration hung up. I then contacted Comwave again by email several times telling them I am cancelling but they continue to refuse to deny this and keep sending bills. Stay away from Comwave. There is something very underhanded about the way this company operates.

Comwave Networks Logo Comwave Networks