Comwave / Fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service!

I had this company's VOIP service for three months, and got fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service, so I canceled the service.

They wouldn't give me any instructions on where and how to return their telephony modem, then they charged over $250 to my credit card for the modem without my permission. I called their customer service again and they finally gave me a shipping address. I was told if I returned their modem right away they'd reimburse the $250 to my card and also reimburse me for the cost of the shipping - but only if I used "Standard Ground" shipping method, which is not traceable. I was also asked to fax them the Canada Post receipt as proof I shipped the modem, which I did. I shipped the modem to the address Comwave gave me. Now Comwave can't find my modem (they lost it in their warehouse, or maybe gave me the wrong address?) and they are refusing to remove the charge from my card, even though they told me they did get my faxed receipt. I've had to file formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Toronto Star, and my credit card company to try and get the money back that they stole from me. I'm still waiting for my money. By all means, avoid these lying rip-off artists, or you'll be paying for your mistake later, as I'm doing!

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Su
      31st of Jan, 2009

collecting interest of law suit against Comwave

• Ih
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Comwave is the worst company ever in Canada, we consumers all should sue Comwave

• Te
      13th of Apr, 2009

comwave is a big scam. All ripped off consumers should come up with a class action lawsuit against comwave.

• Cr
      13th of Dec, 2011

I was contacted by Comwave they called to welcome me to Comwave. They said I had switched my long distance lines to them. I never did nor did anyone call to ask me if I wanted the service. They did agree to cancel it immediately and said the sales person shouldn't have opened an account without my consent. Then informed me I had to get my long distance lines back by calling my provider. Until then I wouldn’t be able to make long distance calls. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• Pr
      21st of Feb, 2011

I hope every victim of Comwave, the bigggest scammer, get together to protest. I have written the protesting email to MP. If many people write the protexting email to MP, It may be useful to protect comsumer.

• Ju
      11th of Apr, 2011

I am in the USA, I signed up for international calling with Comwave. I put down a credit card and used the service for about 3 days. Then all of a sudden i could not make any call, my account was suspended. I called to find out why, i was told the my billing address on the credit card did not match my residential add. They told me i had to fax a copy of my credit card to continue getting service. I told them to just cancel my account. I was told the account would not be cancelled until the end of the month. Remember, they have already suspended my account and the credit card they are talking about, they arleady charged $1 to establish the account but now they can not verify it.

I went online and realized that they had a lot of complaints against them, i took my credit card off my account and asked them to give me an address where i can send a money order. Apparently they don't accept money oders from US customers. Tough luck because they are not getting a check or credit card from me. I don't want them to have access to any of my information.

I have been getting a lot of threatening calls from them, i really don't care. I have not refused to pay, i just can't trust them with my credit card or checking accoung information.

• Wa
      7th of Dec, 2011

Where is our useless government in all this? There are 3+ years of complaints of fraudulent, degenerate behaviour from Comwave, on this site alone! Does not the CRTC have a mandate to take action on these matters? After all, Comwave (hmmm... Con-wave, actually) is advertising on our CTRC-controlled airwaves. Whenever you are under the delusion that your government may give a bit of a darned about you, look around you, and wake up. Enter this in the search box on Youtube: watch?v=FeLLR3LWtv­­4, and this: watch?v=D2QnfFO7fX­­M

Thanks for the warnings all you people, I was considering Con-wave after seeing their ad on TV, I can see that I would have made a BIG mistake getting involved with those Con-wave characters

Google this: "+benitah +comwave +fraud" you will be amazed (if you have a bit of gray matter, that is) at how disgusting this saga is, at how long this has been going on, and that our "friends" at the CRTC have obviously been sitting on their thumbs for so long. With this search, you will also notice that the President of Con-wave is as fine a upstanding gentleman as our Mr. Benitah. Read about the tactics they use once you've got involved with them, and thank your lucky stars that they don't yet have your credit card or account information (if you haven't dealt with them, if you have, then you'll be reading about what you're about to face... sorry).

Is the CRTC ever even going to make any attempt at stopping these fraudsters from scamming Canadians? Is our government Ok with all of this?

• Fa
      14th of Apr, 2012

I am an ex=employee of Comwave. First of all as for the address they are located at 61 Wildcat Rd. North York (Toronto) ONT. The owners park lamborgini, Ferrari, Poesche, Bentley and they pay us 11$ per hour. Then they steal from our paycheck hours, we basically work with almost no breaks. How do you want customer service to be under this working conditions? Now ex colegues are telling me that Comewave is moving their Customer Service in Guatemala so good luck guys. Farking dirty job enviroment, people woth no criminal background check working there, and I advise you to get the hell out of there scam! If they were worth something they would first pay theis Sales and Customer Service dept, would not move the whole CSR in Guatemala, and now I hear they are firing all Sales as they are moving sales in Guatemala.

• Fa
      14th of Apr, 2012

If they gave you BC CSR number just FYI you are calling Toronto or Guatemala. They dont have offices anywhere except Toronto and Guatemala. Now CSR is in Guatemala.

• Bu
      15th of Jan, 2014

You will buy a COMWAVE.COM product and services only when you commit lot of sins and you want a redemption through pain, suffering and dry-bleeding.
    These people are nefarious, heartless crooks harming our gullible Canadians while the fat warms in CRTC are doing nothing. How shamelessly incompetent are these fat warms!

• Bu
      15th of Jan, 2014

You will buy COMWAVE.COM products and services if you commit lot of sins and you want a redemption through pain, suffering and dry-bleeding.
    These nefarious, heartless crooks are harming our gullible Canadians while big, fat worms in CRTC are doing nothing. How shamelessly incompetent are these shameless fat worms!

• Wi
      16th of Jun, 2011

I cancelled my service because it was lousy.comwave wanted to bill me cancellation fees.I did not sign any contract I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT.

• Co
      20th of May, 2011

i disagree comwave is best voip service provider in canda and im uing their services for last 10years and i refered close to 40 cx's to comwave and all are happy

• Al
      28th of Jan, 2007

Thanks for the heads up. I will NOT be dealing with this company. I guess they lure you in with the ads that specify telephone service for a year for $ 150in Toronto and then they draw you out with their lack of service, terrible customer service and finally ripping you off when trying to cancel and return their over-priced equipment. Buyer beware.

• Al
      28th of Jan, 2007

From power-coder.net which has been deleted but picked up by Google cache. I think this record needs to be kept alive. The accusations are important for people considering Comwave's services.

Avoid Comwave like the plague!

By: Wally Lawless (Wally) 2006.10.04
    This is a head's up to anybody who is thinking about signing up with Comwave for their VOIP service. I have been a customer of theirs since June of 2005 (1.5 years) and until recently had been generally satisfied with the service they provided. There were a couple of instances of dropped calls, but nothing terribly bad.

That all changed just over a month ago. During the entire final weekend of August my iPhone refused to make or receive any calls. I was unable to get through to Technical Support on numerous attempts. I would wait on hold for 10+ minutes before the call was dropped.

On August 30th I received an e-mail from the president of Comwave apologizing for a botched upgrade, at the time I thought it was a nice gesture. That was until the problems that were apologized for never actually went away.

I started to hear from friends of mine that they were having difficulties getting through to us, they would call our number and get a busy signal right away. They would sometimes get through on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Under normal circumstances they should have at least been forwarded to my voicemail so that I would know that I had missed some calls, this was not the case. I attempted to contact Technical Support again, I waited on hold twice for more than 20 minutes before my call was dropped.

Shortly after this started I began having intermittent troubles making calls out, when I picked up my phone I would get a busy signal, that doesn’t seem right does it? I was starting to get really angry about the whole situation so I dedicated an entire Tuesday night to trying to get on the phone with somebody at the company. On my first attempt I waited on hold for 22 minutes before getting through to a technician. I explained all my problems and we did some basic troubleshooting to make sure there were no problems with my Internet connection, which there wasn’t. I then reluctantly installed their remote control application so that the technician could look at my settings himself. While he was in control of my computer the phone got disconnected, noticing that he was still moving my mouse around I opened up notepad and informed him that the line had been dropped and gave him two (non-VOIP) phone numbers to call me back on. I never received a call and about 5 minutes later the technician disconnected the remote session. Not one to give up, I called right back, waited on hold for 20+ minutes again, but finally got another technician on the phone. I went through the whole spiel again (apparently my previous technician did not make any notes on my account) and finally the technician gave up and said he would have to elevate a support request to figure out what was going on. Apparently this means that a higher level technician would look into my problem and get back to me within 24 hours.

So much for that. Two days later I had not received a call so I got back on the phone again, this time getting through in a surprisingly quick 5 minutes. When the technician pulled up my account he said there was no record of the elevated support request that I informed him about. Trying to be helpful, he insisted that we go through the entire support process again. Another 10 minutes of him poking around in the iPhone settings and he agreed that there needs to be another elevated support request entered.

I let him do this, and got his name this time, Leonard, as he assured me that it was entered on my account. It’s been a week since that call, my friends still say that they have to call 3+ times to reach me after getting a busy signal. I called back this morning from work mentioning my history to the operator who then informed me that they cannot troubleshoot my problem unless I am at home with access to the iPhone. I tried to explain that these steps had all been tried before but got nowhere, she did however offer to schedule a time for a technician to call me at home so that I wouldn’t have to wait on hold. I agreed to that and we booked the call for between 5:00 and 5:30 EST (I made sure), I also gave them my cell phone number in case they were unable to get through.

The current time is 6:46 EST (just for consistency), and I have still not received the call. I just got off the phone with somebody in Customer Service (since I don’t have any reason to trust the tech support people anymore), who said my only course of action was for him to schedule the next available technician to call me when they get off the phone. After waiting 35 minutes I received a call from a technician, his only recommendation was to do a factory reset on the iPhone and waiting a day or so to see if the problem goes away. Not exactly what I would call helpful…

I am going to be switching to Cogeco ‘s Digital Phone Service tonight, hoping that they can install it soon. My next challenge will be to try to wrestle my $50 deposit from the incompetent hands of the people over at Comwave.

Comments

I don't trust VoIP services right now. I do some tech support for a company that offers VoIP and they have loads of call issues. I think they are still years away before perfecting it. Until that day, I think I'll stick with a regular land line.

Don

Such issues are relative to the type of equipments been used also

Pat

I signed up with Comwave long distance. It's a company full of crap. Their integrity is questionable. I am being invoiced a different rate than agreed with Comwave.

Sri

I will never go to VOIP service with any company after this big headache company "COMWAVE". I never ever recommend "COMWAVE" to any person living on earth. "COMWAVE" service is zero level. Their technology is very poor. No one knows how to solve phone problems. Be careful when you sign agreement with this company "COMWAVE". They are very trick people. They don't provide excellent service. Instead they charge lot of money from your Credit card. They cheat people. I had a conversation with COMWAVE officer and he misunderstood what I said and disconnect my phone line without knowing me. When I call back those bad people to give my connection back instead they extend my service contract by one more year forcibly. That guy instantly charged from my credit card for that year. This is really harassing the customers. Day by day they will loose their customers. I am really unhappy with this. So be careful. COMEWAVE rules and policies are very tricky and very troublesome in future. Do not go for COMWAVE service. It is cheaper but you are wasting your money. Because with COMWAVE phone line it is very difficult for someone to call you. Other party always get "CIRCUIT BUSY" message. If you get "COMWAVE SERVICE" definitely patient will dye. Because you can't reach 911. Once again do not take COMWAVE service. Even if you pay more money get good service like Bell, Rogers, Primus ...etc. They are very respectful companies. Do not go for cheaper service like "COMWWAVE". Even their their sound clarity is also not good. My recommendation is not to go with "COMWAVE". Be careful with "COMWAVE".

Have joined Comwave in July during a promotion they had on St.Clair Salsa festival where they promised a $20 bonus at activation and lowest rates for $1/mnth , The service was NEVER activated, every time I was trying to use it I was getting a message that service was not activated but I WAS CHARGED EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

I called back about the problem and a VERY cocky CSR hung up on me after saying that my service is active, called back and another CSR told me that service was never active because I need to make a $50 deposit !?

I asked how come that nobody told me about this charge and she replied that the note in my account was recent, 5 minutes ago, that my credit check was not good and I have to give them $50.
    1. I NEVER authorized a credit check
    2. I have good credit
    3. They just used this excuse to explain why they steal money from me, not much $1/mth but if could do that I'll go to jail but they can steal no problem.
    I asked for cancellation of my account and contacted the Credit Card company but they can't do anything because I preauthorized the charge and suggested to sue them...like I'm going to lose my time like that for 5$.

Instead I'm going to tell everybody about my "great" experience and this way hel my fellow consumer to avoid traps like this.

John

Do not go for COMWAVE. All of COMWAVE advertisements are tricky. There bring a buddy offer is really fool the people. If you have brain or educated think three four times before join with COMWAVE. All the COMWAVE advertisements are marketing tricks to fool the people. Be careful!!! COMWAVE is very cheaper. But there is hole in it. Think about first. Dont go behind there long term marketing strategies or tricks. Once they grip you, you will loose all of your money and you don't get proper service.

You can file a complaint at:

1. Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

www.cbs.gov.on.ca/compform/english/complaint.asp

4. www.publiccomplaints.org

• Pa
      15th of Feb, 2007

Comwave sucks... Never trust this company... their CSR is worst in the world. Thanks for giving sites to file complain against them. If someone knows their contact numbers (not listed on their web site) and email IDs or Fax, please send me.

• To
      26th of Jun, 2007

1) Comwave hardware WILL NOT WORK in the USA on the Verizon network. Comwave tech support is clueless on this ans can not help...

2) Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE return hardware to comwave WITHOUT a written receipt. This is a $250 mistake.

• Na
      30th of Oct, 2007

I haven't even got it hooked up yet and there is already a ton of problems.They didn't inform me of payment options.Only two ways to pay apparently.. credit card or automatic debt from a checking account.Funny though when I could access my account info right there for all to see it says send your cheque payable to blah blah blah and make sure your account number is on the cheque.They bill ahead so as I see it , It is basically pay as you go.Or pay ahead.Funny though.. my service isn't even up and running yet and they have already billed my credit card.They told me they are having a glitch in their system and to try again tomorrow.. which is today. What have I done? And because I have no phone I can't call them and there is no on-line support for me.

13th of Nov, 2007

I signed up with the long distance service, the quality sucks. I wanted to cancel, but my hundred calls were declined without any explanation. Trust me, not to use the any services provided by Comwave.

• Ru
      8th of May, 2008

Do not ever order Comwave iphone service! Quality sucks, lousy service, and they do not do what they said. Comwave is cheating and fooling customers!