Computershare

Stole my Stocks!

3.9
Computershare
Ohio
The stock shares I owned in a couple companies changed over to Computershare as their transfer agent, I was unaware---they never sent me correspondence saying they were taking over and when I called Computershare about my stock holdings (I even had paper certificates in my hand and gave them the certificate numbers) they claimed they had no record of me, my stock ownership and claimed by paper certificates were invalid numbers!!! They ripped me off a few thousand dollars... someone had some fun on my money.. probably a greedy executive. They are thieves-do not trust them - period.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

N  17th of Feb, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I believe Computershare is in Rhode Island or Massachussetts-stay clear of trading with them.
N  25th of Feb, 2013 by    -1 Votes
I have a stock certificate for move inc. It is being held by Melon. However, I received at letter from Computershare telling me that my stock was in danger of becoming abandoned property and to confirm my address. Unfortunately, I went to www.computershare.com/investor and filled out a form to create an account so I could access my record with them, and included my ss#. How dumb...I should have known better! After I filled out a bunch of info, and gave them a lot of my favorite passwords, they informed me that I had no stock with them. So I called, and spent a lot of time trying to discover what the heck was going on. The foreign lady wanted my stock certificate number and ss#. I refused to give the info (though they have it online now). I think the company is bogus, a scam. wiki has them listed as an austrailian company. The SEC website has a Computershare Trust Company but shows no filings or info. I see here that someone got a letter from Computershare/Ohio. My letter was from Providence, RI...a PO Box 43006. Phone: 800 522 6645. Be very careful!
N  14th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I had a worse experience went to the site to review my holdings. Show my holdings at around 250K. Logged out and tried to log back in later that day and could get in. Had instructions for me to use change my loin to a stronger password. Did that have not been able to log in since. Something rely smells here!!!
N  5th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Computer share customer satisfaction/care is Nonexistent. They have been playing Hide and Seek with my retirement account and will not supply any answers. I keep getting people in the Philippines that regurgitate the same old lines and are no Help.
This is a fly-by-night operation... don't use them.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree