Complete Save / fraud

United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been scammed as well, originally by completesave.Co. Uk in february, march, april and may 2013. I rang them and told them to stop, which they did. I have now been scammed by shooperdisc.Co. Uk in august & september 2013. Again I rang and cancelled this. If you look at the two websites, both compaies operate from the same address in switzerland. I have never received any of my & pound;60 back. Please look carefully at all purchase details when buying online.
Geoff dunn

Comments

Sep 09, 2012

Hello Power Puff Girls:

I just read your post and it's important to me that your concern is addressed and that your query is resolved. If you would like my assistance, please contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk. If you do contact me directly, please reference this post.

Best regards,

• He
      Sep 16, 2012

I too have been a victim of this SCAM!! I just checked my account and they have been taking £10 per month from me without my consent!

• Mr
      Apr 18, 2013

As the above complaint mine was the same complaint purchase from Argos registered for £10 refund gave bank details and then found out I had been paying £10 a month for 7 months to Complete Save no save at all just £70 taken out of bank have now been in touch with my bank.
    So everbody thinking of signing up to this COMPLETE SAVE CO TEL NO 0800389 6960 dont be conned like me and keep your hard earned money your self not for this Co.
    B Winch

• Ca
      May 05, 2013

I have being a fool on the Argos .ie site I was asked to sign for 10. Euro back and give my details. The are now robbing me taking my money from my account there number is 1800806167 to ring to cancel. Be wear. Being robbed.

• Ti
      Jun 20, 2014

Exactly the same experience ! Except duped into this via The Train line website when I was offered £10 of my next purchase. This was taken from my debit card
    I phoned the helpline ( who were very polite by the way ) and agreed to cancel my membership and refund 3 £10 charges - I'm waiting for this to happen and called my bank to try and stop further payments

• Kr
      Aug 02, 2014

this too has happened to me (via national express) it has taken me 15 months to get even a reply or response i have now spoken to their customer services they have refunded 3 months payments and they also sent me a request form to request a full refund! if i dont get positive responses i will take it further they owe me a total of £150 i am a very low income family so trust me i will not let this go

• Ve
      Feb 13, 2017

@krissij1 How did it go? I a having the same problem now.

May 16, 2017

@ventec Ive just Found out the same thing has been happening to me, i signed up for a £15 off my next pizza with papajohns in april last year and they have been taking money ever since.

May 18, 2017

@Jamie 'Jimbles' Friend Hi Jamie: If you'd like me to sort this out for you and assist you, please contact me at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk. Kind regards, Mary, The Complete Savings team

Aug 07, 2014

Ditto as above! Just spoke to a William Carlos from their customer service, who assured me that my 90 pounds taken from my account for the last 9 months (that I was completely unaware of) will be refunded to me after I fill in the form that they email me. Now lets see if they live up to their word. My complaint here is their complete ambiguity / trap, which is justified by a paltry 'failure' to read the small print. This reminds me of a raspberry ketone scenario I was duped into too last year. Virtual vultures...I will not let this go!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Aug 08, 2014

Dear forum members,

If you have any questions about Complete Savings, the best way to get answers is by getting in touch with us direct on 0800 389 6960, [protected]@completesavings.co.uk or by using this online contact form: http://www.completesavingsblog.co.uk/contact-form

Complete Savings is an online membership programme. You will have clicked on a promotion to claim cashback on your next purchase at the site you were using, and by clicking this you will have been shown the Complete Savings sign-up form, where it is clear that in order to claim the cashback reward on offer you must first become a member. Membership is free for 30 days, after which there is a monthly fee - this is why you are required to enter your credit/debit card details at this stage. Members are free to cancel at any time.

I would like to reassure forum members that the only way to create a membership is by entering your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up form. Details required are: your name, your email address, your postal address, a new password, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing.

As a member of Complete Savings, not only can you claim an initial cashback reward, but you also have access to an ongoing monthly cashback reward, discounted giftcards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

The Complete Savings UK team
    0800 389 6960

• Al
      May 02, 2017

@CompleteSaveUK. its a complete scam my 89 year old mum was scammed by you ###

• Ge
      Apr 13, 2018

@CompleteSaveUK. Liars!! We did not ever enter our bank details on the form you mentioned. You took the money from the card used to buy the cinema ticket and concert ticket. You did not ever at anytime send an email, we have no membership number, no benefits. Your so called company has committed fraud against so many people and we are all coming after you. I have informed my bank and you will hear from them. Your company has obtained money through deception. I have also complained to Argos, who are the worst for promoting your kind of 'company'. There has been no benefits from this so called 'membership'! You owe us £600 in total. You even had the cheek to charge us again before Christmas, meaning you are taking £13 and another £15, making £28 in total a month. Do not assume people don't know what you have done.

• Ca
      Aug 03, 2018

@Gemini69 Same here, luckily I noticed after just one payment. I bought a card for a friend from Funky Pigeon. I know I ordered it quickly because I was going to miss her birthday. I know what these websites that pop up and say they'll give you money off the next time is a lot of rubbish, so I never click on them. I would have NEVER have input my details, and I pay for everything by paypal if I can (which I did on this occasion), because I can't be bothered to remember my details. So I have no idea how they managed to get hold of my bank account details to take the payment. I'm getting a refund and my bank has put a block on it anyway, but it's concerning that they can get hold of your details without you inputting them and paying through a 3rd party account like paypal that is meant to keep you safe?

• Di
      Jan 14, 2019

@CompleteSaveUK. I have been scammed by you for 4 years! £15 per month. I did not give my bank details but can only assume you took them from Ryanair.

• Br
      Sep 26, 2014

I've had the same experience. My bank yesterday pointed out that I have been paying £10 per month since 2012, thats over £200. I have no recollection of giving my information and certainly havent had anything in return. I dont even know what they do.

• Pa
      May 18, 2018

@Bruce Moxham what we have to do?please, help me, because happened to me the sam and I would like to stop it.

Oct 05, 2014

This scam is still going on. I fell for it a month ago buying train tickets and have only just found out about it today. It took most of the afternoon phoning my bank and searching the web to find out what the debited £15 was about. I am all set to take Complete Save to the County Court if they still exist and do not give me my money back promptly.

• Da
      Oct 24, 2014

I to have been scammed.
    Apparently I accepted there terms after booking a room on the Premier Inn website.
    After a call they have supposedly stopped deducting my card and are refunding 6 months worth of payments (£60)

• Tr
      Jan 05, 2015

I traveled to U.K>January / February 2013, and stayed in the Travel Lodge paying with my Visa Card.
    I have the receipt, and nowhere is there any reference to agreeing to join Complete Save.
    In March 2013, the first of the monthly deductions was made for 10 pounds which has continued until Jan 2015.

Reconciling my bank account, highlighted this payment through my Visa Card. My bank has put a restraint order on this payment, and I contacted the company who were very quick to agree to cancelling my membership as I said any emails would have gone straight to the dustbin as it would be a spam mail. There was no reference to a refund of the 200 pounds they had taken, but it transpired the check in at Travel Lodge had completed the form which was submitted.

There is a moral to this. Check your credit card statement regularly, and don't leave your reconciliation for a year.

• St
      Jan 06, 2015

The Complete Savings service is such a scam and I was duped into signing up via the thetrainline.com. The fact that they are going to take a continuous monthly subscription of £15 directly out of your account is only mentioned in the small print and this is an absolute scandal. Shame on companies like thetrainline.com getting involved with this sort of scam. Luckily I checked my bank statements before they took any more money from me but I still lost £45 before I noticed. I won’t be using thetrainline.com or Complete Savings again and will be wary of any of its partners.

Jan 23, 2015

I agree completely, completsave is ascam website who believe it is ok to unlawfully take money from people without their knowledge. I got targeted all because i got a train ticket from the trainline website, i am waiting for the refund and i have been in touch with the citizens advice bureau to see if there is anything else that i can do as a consumer with rights. also i am sure that it is illegal that they have all my contact and card details without any knowledge. I am quite a savvy shopper and i have no knowledge of ever signing up to this, just goes to show how sneeky and fradulent completesave are. Hidden terms and condistions and hidden charges. SO angry, i hope to be able to sue them or at least spread the word as far as i can that they are to be given a wide berth.

• Bi
      Feb 03, 2015

I have just read the post by Maryo dates 2012/09/05 - it states "The only way you can become a member of complete savings is by completing an online registration form where you need to input your name, email and postal address, and your credit or debit card details. You also need to create and verify a password and agree to our membership terms" This is not at all true. Complete Savings take your details from the online sales page where the unsuspecting individual has just made a purchase. There is no warning whatsoever that you have agreed to pay 10 pounds per month indefinitely. They do not send an e-mail to confirm registartion and do not provide terms and conditions. I have only ever seen complaints about this company. I have never seen anyone recommend them, other than the people who work for them. Beware of this company's sharp practices

• Ka
      Feb 18, 2015

They have been taking money from my account for 11 months, I didn't realise it because it's only 10 going out, I contacted my bank and cancelled the further payments but still need to ring the company and ask for refund. Hopefully I will get my money back which is about £110, and all I did to get scammed was buying ticket from trainline and tick the box for discount on next purchase... People need to be more careful with the boxes they tick on websites. Plus these websites or companies need to clarify these offers properly not with tiny lines at the bottom of the page where you wouldn't even look!!!

• Ro
      Mar 17, 2015

Hi, Yes we have all signed up to get a discount on our next purchase. This is happening in Ireland and the UK. My husband booked a rail ticket with Irish Rail and was then asked to sign up to get a discount off his next purchase. He did it because he thought it was Irish Rail offering the discount, however, ( A BIG HOWEVER) he did not re-enter his card details to activate this membership with Complete Save. That is where the SCAM starts and finishes. Irish Rail have given my husbands credit card details to Complete Save. That is a blatant breach of data protection laws.
    Our details are being given to Complete Save by the companies we are shopping with or buying from. i.e. train tickets, flight tickets, concert tickets. They get a kick back from Complete Save for the direct debits. It is FRAUD and against all the data protection laws. This is why when you contact them they give you your money back. . It is fraud because you did not re-enter your bank or credit card details to sign up to them. First month is free so you don't notice anything then it begins on a monthly basis thereafter. Contact your bank or credit card provider first to stop these from going out of your account and then contact Complete Save for a full refund.

• Sh
      Mar 31, 2015

Hello Forum Members:

We will be happy to assist you with your queries about Complete Savings. However, to do so, we first need to identify each of your records and without more details, we have not been able to do so. Please get in touch with Complete Savings directly using the following details:

UK: [protected]@completesavings.co.uk or 0800 389 6960
    Ireland: [protected]@completesave.ie or 1800 806 167

Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

Please be assured that other companies do not pass on consumer details to Complete Savings. The only way to become a Complete Savings member is for you to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details you are required to enter are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

We hope you get in touch with us directly very soon so that we can resolve your queries to your satisfaction.

The Complete Savings Team

• Al
      May 02, 2017

@ShopperDisc you are ### and scammed my mum whos nearly 90, hope youre proud

• St
      Apr 10, 2015

Exactly the same experience when using the trainline.com I did not enter my details separately for completesave and they have been taking £15. 00 per month from my credit card. I have never received any form of communication from them detailing membership, trial periods or anything else. Very underhand and surprised this has not received wider publicity and been stopped. I will be pursuing this with the relevant body. Sickening response from Mary at completesave, it's a cunning scam and they know it!

Apr 20, 2015

I totally agree with the comments above. This is a fraud that the authorities should investigate right now.

Apr 25, 2015

I agree with the above comments and have also been caught by these crooks. Hard to get back at them in Switzerland but we can take action against the UK companies they partner with. In my case Ryanair. I will be boycotting them and telling them why and I urge others to do the same. Argos and Trainline are mentioned above so likewise them.

• De
      May 20, 2015

completescam have taken £15 out of my account - not sure what I can do?

• De
      May 20, 2015

I bought tickets through We Got Tickets - I didn't provide my bank details to completesave.co.uk. I've cancelled my membership with completesave and requested a refund - have also contact my bank. Does anyone have any further advice? Can my scammed money be retrieved?

May 27, 2015

Hello dekidex:

We will be happy to assist you with your query about Complete Savings. However, we first need to identify your record and currently we have not been able to do so. Please get in touch with Complete Savings directly using the following details: [protected]@completesavings.co.uk, 0800 389 6960, or you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

We hope you get in touch with us directly very soon so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

• Gr
      May 30, 2015

Agree with so much with what has been said. I did apparently sign up via a Trainline booking, understanding that i would get a discount/cash back on my next purchase. I haven't had reason to use use Trainline since then. I did receive a 'Membership Pack' which I found very confusing & really did not understand the commitment I was making. I didn't receive any of the promised e-mails & reminders & if I did, as someone previously said, they appeared to be Spam & got rejected. I am usually fairly savvy about these 'special' offers but this one went under the radar & it is only because I recently went through my accounts that I discovered I was paying £15 a month to Completesave.co.uk & questioned 'who'/'what' etc., I immediately phoned my bank to stop these payments & unsubscribed my account - but until I have the opportunity to speak to Customer Services I have lost £60! To me, that is a lot of money - I am a pensioner living on a state pension & every penny counts! But another thought, I found it difficult to find out where to shop to take advantage of these so called discounts & where to use the completesave.co.uk discounts. And another question - if people are paying x amount money into this savings accounts, where is the money going if a subscriber does not use the account?

Jun 02, 2015

I have been scammed for 15 pounds a month for 2 months. It must have occurred when I booked a premier inn hotel room. I agreed to nothing. I have reported it to the card fraud department to get next month's payment stopped and to raise a complaint. I will not hold my breath. They have been doing this a long time and need stopping.

• Pi
      Jun 14, 2015

I have been scammed by complete save . They have been taking £10 every month for for several months now.
    The statement that you have to sign up to Complete save sign up form is misleading. This has never happened. They dupe us by making us think we are signing on to a legitimate website for the purpose of the purchase. My scam began after ordering ticket from trainline I think. There is no way of verifying. Do not buy tickets through trainline. Buy direct from the train company.
    We should complain to the distance selling regulator.

• Th
      Jun 25, 2015

After booking a room on the Travelodge website there was a link to their preferred partner offering £20 off my next booking. I entered my name and contact details and received confirmation of membership to Complete Savings. 6 weeks later £15 was taken from my current account by Complete Savings. The only company I have given my current account details to was Travelodge. I always use my credit card online unless it is a company I trust 100%. After a few minutes arguing on the phone that I hadn't given them my payment details they agreed to cancel my membership and refund the £15. Shame on you Travelodge.

Jul 13, 2015

I have just been scammed by Completesave.co.uk of £45. 3 months so called subscription, what worries me is they ask for your Bank details to sort out your query, my feeling is you will get scammed more with all your details. Banks should sort this out.

Jul 14, 2015

Hello Forum Members:

Complete Savings is an online membership programme ideal for those who shop online regularly. Complete Savings members have access to a wide range of cashback deals, including an initial cashback reward, a monthly cashback reward, discounted gift cards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores

We will be very happy to assist you with your queries about Complete Savings. However, to do so, we first need to identify your record and without knowing who you are, we are not able to do that. Please get in touch with Complete Savings directly using the following details: [protected]@completesavings.co.uk, 0800 389 6960, or you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk. You do not need you to provide your bank details for us to find your record. If you provide us with your full name and email address in most cases we can find your record.

We hope you get in touch with us soon so that we can resolve your queries.

The Complete Savings Team

Jul 14, 2015

this is my 3rd comment on this company COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK you think its your own fault and did not understand what you were doing. but there are hundreds and hundreds of complaints on this website it is not you, but the Completesave site which is unclear. people are getting scammed the other Companies should sort this out.

Jul 25, 2015

I have just tried to e-mail Mary to the address provided using copy and past and it has come up invalid address. I have to hope that Debenhams will sort out my 2 month charge!!

Jul 26, 2015

Hello Lewis73:

I am very sorry you have experienced difficulty in contacting me. Please be assured that my email address [protected]@completesavings.co.uk is a valid email address and is working. I have been successfully receiving emails from other members with that address. I do not know why you would have received a message saying it was invalid.

Please try sending an email again to [protected]@completesavings.co.uk Alternatively, you can contact our customer service centre via email at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk or via phone on 0800 389 6960.

We will be very happy to assist you.

Jul 26, 2015

I have tried to deal with my charges through Debenhams Financial Services today and I'm afraid to say I got very little support, there fraud department see Complete Savings as a reputable company apparently. The only option I have is to pay off my £30 charge expressing that I will not pay any interest and close my account. Has anyone tried BBC watchdog?
    After receiving a response on here from Mary at Complete save I have re sent my e- mail...let's hope?

Jul 27, 2015

Hello Lewis73:

Thank you for resending your email. I have received it and have now sent a response back to your email with full details on the resolution to your query. I hope my email response answers all your questions and resolves your query to your satisfaction. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

[protected]@completesavings.co.uk

• Ju
      Jul 29, 2015

I cant believe u guys fall for that, if u could just take 1 min to read the banner you will see the charges fees, i made a purchase on edreams and i didnt signed up because i read it, the only way u can have debts in your card is if u provide the info, so assume your mistake and that you are too lazy to read

Jul 31, 2015

I have something positive to say today! After e-mailing Mary and calling complete savings I have had my 2 months charges refunded to my account.
    I can't say I approve of the unclear way the company attract customers but they have done what they said they would on this site and refunded my account and closed my account. thank you Mary.

• Me
      Aug 05, 2015

Complete Save is a complete scam. All of their (almost non-existent) correspondence goes straight into junk mail for a reason. But then again, my best guess is their reliance on that as 'customers' remain oblivious about their membership status longer. Whatever gets them more unsuspecting payments, I guess. Of course, let's also mention no direct debits are set up to their webpage. Each month is charged separately. I have received no warning or invoice of consecutive payments made from them.
    The way they got my personal bank details were for a cash back offer from National Express. No membership fee was mentioned, rather conveniently, in their e-mail.
    Moreover, they take no remorse in having a business that appears as a scam. This is more than enough proof to me that no customer care is provided. It also gives a glimpse into the makers' moral system, which pries on unsuspecting people.
    I'm awaiting my first response from Mary about a refund, as I have not used any of their membership 'benefits'. If the comments above are correct, I should be expecting a vile collection of excuses.
    If one lesson is taken away, that is to educate more consumers to this scam.

• Pe
      Aug 13, 2015

I have had £15 taken from my MasterCard with the name complete savings next to it. I have not authorised this payment and have no idea how to get this money rebated. I have tried calling the 0800 number provided but held for so long the battery on my phone died. Does anyone know how I can stop further payments being taken from my card and get the money already taken rebated?

• Rs
      Aug 14, 2015

I totally agree with all the above. This has happened to me. £15 has been deducted monthly for the past three months from my credit card account. Under no circumstances would I have signed up to a deal which enables a monthly subscription in exchange for discounts or other kinds of savings. I am appalled that my credit card details have been given to this company, enabling them to set up a direct debit without my knowledge or permission. I have complained to my credit card company about this, and registered a dispute with them. I also tried ringing Complete Savings UK, but didn't get very far because they apparently need my membership number, which is on my "welcome email". Guess what - there is no email!!! I will pursue this, because I can see that so many other people are being targeted.