Complete Save / fraud

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been scammed as well, originally by completesave.Co. Uk in february, march, april and may 2013. I rang them and told them to stop, which they did. I have now been scammed by shooperdisc.Co. Uk in august & september 2013. Again I rang and cancelled this. If you look at the two websites, both compaies operate from the same address in switzerland. I have never received any of my & pound;60 back. Please look carefully at all purchase details when buying online.
Geoff dunn

Comments

9th of Sep, 2012

Hello Power Puff Girls:

I just read your post and it's important to me that your concern is addressed and that your query is resolved. If you would like my assistance, please contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly, please reference this post.

Best regards,
    Mary

• He
      16th of Sep, 2012

I too have been a victim of this SCAM!! I just checked my account and they have been taking £10 per month from me without my consent!

• Mr
      18th of Apr, 2013

As the above complaint mine was the same complaint purchase from Argos registered for £10 refund gave bank details and then found out I had been paying £10 a month for 7 months to Complete Save no save at all just £70 taken out of bank have now been in touch with my bank.
    So everbody thinking of signing up to this COMPLETE SAVE CO TEL NO 0800389 6960 dont be conned like me and keep your hard earned money your self not for this Co.
    B Winch

• Ca
      5th of May, 2013

I have being a fool on the Argos .ie site I was asked to sign for 10. Euro back and give my details. The are now robbing me taking my money from my account there number is 1800806167 to ring to cancel. Be wear. Being robbed.

• Ti
      20th of Jun, 2014

Exactly the same experience ! Except duped into this via The Train line website when I was offered £10 of my next purchase. This was taken from my debit card
    I phoned the helpline ( who were very polite by the way ) and agreed to cancel my membership and refund 3 £10 charges - I'm waiting for this to happen and called my bank to try and stop further payments

• Kr
      2nd of Aug, 2014

this too has happened to me (via national express) it has taken me 15 months to get even a reply or response i have now spoken to their customer services they have refunded 3 months payments and they also sent me a request form to request a full refund! if i dont get positive responses i will take it further they owe me a total of £150 i am a very low income family so trust me i will not let this go

• Ve
      13th of Feb, 2017

@krissij1 How did it go? I a having the same problem now.

16th of May, 2017

@ventec Ive just Found out the same thing has been happening to me, i signed up for a £15 off my next pizza with papajohns in april last year and they have been taking money ever since.

• Co
      18th of May, 2017

@Jamie 'Jimbles' Friend Hi Jamie: If you'd like me to sort this out for you and assist you, please contact me at [email protected] Kind regards, Mary, The Complete Savings team

• Ke
      7th of Aug, 2014

Ditto as above! Just spoke to a William Carlos from their customer service, who assured me that my 90 pounds taken from my account for the last 9 months (that I was completely unaware of) will be refunded to me after I fill in the form that they email me. Now lets see if they live up to their word. My complaint here is their complete ambiguity / trap, which is justified by a paltry 'failure' to read the small print. This reminds me of a raspberry ketone scenario I was duped into too last year. Virtual vultures...I will not let this go!!! Grrrrrr!!!

• Co
      8th of Aug, 2014

Dear forum members,

If you have any questions about Complete Savings, the best way to get answers is by getting in touch with us direct on 0800 389 6960, [email protected] or by using this online contact form: http://www.completesavingsblog.co.uk/contact-form

Complete Savings is an online membership programme. You will have clicked on a promotion to claim cashback on your next purchase at the site you were using, and by clicking this you will have been shown the Complete Savings sign-up form, where it is clear that in order to claim the cashback reward on offer you must first become a member. Membership is free for 30 days, after which there is a monthly fee - this is why you are required to enter your credit/debit card details at this stage. Members are free to cancel at any time.

I would like to reassure forum members that the only way to create a membership is by entering your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up form. Details required are: your name, your email address, your postal address, a new password, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing.

As a member of Complete Savings, not only can you claim an initial cashback reward, but you also have access to an ongoing monthly cashback reward, discounted giftcards and 10% cashback at over 650 online stores.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected]

Kind regards,

The Complete Savings UK team
    0800 389 6960

• Al
      2nd of May, 2017

@CompleteSaveUK. its a complete scam my 89 year old mum was scammed by you ###

• Ge
      13th of Apr, 2018

@CompleteSaveUK. Liars!! We did not ever enter our bank details on the form you mentioned. You took the money from the card used to buy the cinema ticket and concert ticket. You did not ever at anytime send an email, we have no membership number, no benefits. Your so called company has committed fraud against so many people and we are all coming after you. I have informed my bank and you will hear from them. Your company has obtained money through deception. I have also complained to Argos, who are the worst for promoting your kind of 'company'. There has been no benefits from this so called 'membership'! You owe us £600 in total. You even had the cheek to charge us again before Christmas, meaning you are taking £13 and another £15, making £28 in total a month. Do not assume people don't know what you have done.

• Ca
      3rd of Aug, 2018

@Gemini69 Same here, luckily I noticed after just one payment. I bought a card for a friend from Funky Pigeon. I know I ordered it quickly because I was going to miss her birthday. I know what these websites that pop up and say they'll give you money off the next time is a lot of rubbish, so I never click on them. I would have NEVER have input my details, and I pay for everything by paypal if I can (which I did on this occasion), because I can't be bothered to remember my details. So I have no idea how they managed to get hold of my bank account details to take the payment. I'm getting a refund and my bank has put a block on it anyway, but it's concerning that they can get hold of your details without you inputting them and paying through a 3rd party account like paypal that is meant to keep you safe?

• Di
      14th of Jan, 2019

@CompleteSaveUK. I have been scammed by you for 4 years! £15 per month. I did not give my bank details but can only assume you took them from Ryanair.

• Br
      26th of Sep, 2014

I've had the same experience. My bank yesterday pointed out that I have been paying £10 per month since 2012, thats over £200. I have no recollection of giving my information and certainly havent had anything in return. I dont even know what they do.

• Pa
      18th of May, 2018

@Bruce Moxham what we have to do?please, help me, because happened to me the sam and I would like to stop it.

5th of Oct, 2014

This scam is still going on. I fell for it a month ago buying train tickets and have only just found out about it today. It took most of the afternoon phoning my bank and searching the web to find out what the debited £15 was about. I am all set to take Complete Save to the County Court if they still exist and do not give me my money back promptly.

• Da
      24th of Oct, 2014

I to have been scammed.
    Apparently I accepted there terms after booking a room on the Premier Inn website.
    After a call they have supposedly stopped deducting my card and are refunding 6 months worth of payments (£60)

• Tr
      5th of Jan, 2015

I traveled to U.K>January / February 2013, and stayed in the Travel Lodge paying with my Visa Card.
    I have the receipt, and nowhere is there any reference to agreeing to join Complete Save.
    In March 2013, the first of the monthly deductions was made for 10 pounds which has continued until Jan 2015.

Reconciling my bank account, highlighted this payment through my Visa Card. My bank has put a restraint order on this payment, and I contacted the company who were very quick to agree to cancelling my membership as I said any emails would have gone straight to the dustbin as it would be a spam mail. There was no reference to a refund of the 200 pounds they had taken, but it transpired the check in at Travel Lodge had completed the form which was submitted.

There is a moral to this. Check your credit card statement regularly, and don't leave your reconciliation for a year.

• St
      6th of Jan, 2015

The Complete Savings service is such a scam and I was duped into signing up via the thetrainline.com. The fact that they are going to take a continuous monthly subscription of £15 directly out of your account is only mentioned in the small print and this is an absolute scandal. Shame on companies like thetrainline.com getting involved with this sort of scam. Luckily I checked my bank statements before they took any more money from me but I still lost £45 before I noticed. I won’t be using thetrainline.com or Complete Savings again and will be wary of any of its partners.

23rd of Jan, 2015

I agree completely, completsave is ascam website who believe it is ok to unlawfully take money from people without their knowledge. I got targeted all because i got a train ticket from the trainline website, i am waiting for the refund and i have been in touch with the citizens advice bureau to see if there is anything else that i can do as a consumer with rights. also i am sure that it is illegal that they have all my contact and card details without any knowledge. I am quite a savvy shopper and i have no knowledge of ever signing up to this, just goes to show how sneeky and fradulent completesave are. Hidden terms and condistions and hidden charges. SO angry, i hope to be able to sue them or at least spread the word as far as i can that they are to be given a wide berth.

• Bi
      3rd of Feb, 2015

I have just read the post by Maryo dates 2012/09/05 - it states "The only way you can become a member of complete savings is by completing an online registration form where you need to input your name, email and postal address, and your credit or debit card details. You also need to create and verify a password and agree to our membership terms" This is not at all true. Complete Savings take your details from the online sales page where the unsuspecting individual has just made a purchase. There is no warning whatsoever that you have agreed to pay 10 pounds per month indefinitely. They do not send an e-mail to confirm registartion and do not provide terms and conditions. I have only ever seen complaints about this company. I have never seen anyone recommend them, other than the people who work for them. Beware of this company's sharp practices

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2015

They have been taking money from my account for 11 months, I didn't realise it because it's only 10 going out, I contacted my bank and cancelled the further payments but still need to ring the company and ask for refund. Hopefully I will get my money back which is about £110, and all I did to get scammed was buying ticket from trainline and tick the box for discount on next purchase... People need to be more careful with the boxes they tick on websites. Plus these websites or companies need to clarify these offers properly not with tiny lines at the bottom of the page where you wouldn't even look!!!

• Ro
      17th of Mar, 2015

Hi, Yes we have all signed up to get a discount on our next purchase. This is happening in Ireland and the UK. My husband booked a rail ticket with Irish Rail and was then asked to sign up to get a discount off his next purchase. He did it because he thought it was Irish Rail offering the discount, however, ( A BIG HOWEVER) he did not re-enter his card details to activate this membership with Complete Save. That is where the SCAM starts and finishes. Irish Rail have given my husbands credit card details to Complete Save. That is a blatant breach of data protection laws.
    Our details are being given to Complete Save by the companies we are shopping with or buying from. i.e. train tickets, flight tickets, concert tickets. They get a kick back from Complete Save for the direct debits. It is FRAUD and against all the data protection laws. This is why when you contact them they give you your money back. . It is fraud because you did not re-enter your bank or credit card details to sign up to them. First month is free so you don't notice anything then it begins on a monthly basis thereafter. Contact your bank or credit card provider first to stop these from going out of your account and then contact Complete Save for a full refund.

• Sh
      31st of Mar, 2015

Hello Forum Members:

We will be happy to assist you with your queries about Complete Savings. However, to do so, we first need to identify each of your records and without more details, we have not been able to do so. Please get in touch with Complete Savings directly using the following details:

UK: [email protected] or 0800 389 6960
    Ireland: [email protected] or 1800 806 167

Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected]

Please be assured that other companies do not pass on consumer details to Complete Savings. The only way to become a Complete Savings member is for you to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details you are required to enter are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

We hope you get in touch with us directly very soon so that we can resolve your queries to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,
    Mary
    The Complete Savings Team

• Al
      2nd of May, 2017

@ShopperDisc you are ### and scammed my mum whos nearly 90, hope youre proud

• St
      10th of Apr, 2015

Exactly the same experience when using the trainline.com I did not enter my details separately for completesave and they have been taking £15. 00 per month from my credit card. I have never received any form of communication from them detailing membership, trial periods or anything else. Very underhand and surprised this has not received wider publicity and been stopped. I will be pursuing this with the relevant body. Sickening response from Mary at completesave, it's a cunning scam and they know it!

20th of Apr, 2015

I totally agree with the comments above. This is a fraud that the authorities should investigate right now.