Comcast Cable Company / bad service
I have been a steady customer for seven years and due to the logistics of Tucson's infrastructure, I will continue to be a customer until alternatives present themselves. Based on your customer service representative's recommendation, I rented a Motorola 6412 Dual Tuner Digital Video Recorder (DVR), at $13.95 a month in addition to my service rates of $115.35 a month. I have since experienced that it rarely records or functions as described by your representative.
I was told and promised by Rob, the customer service representative, that I would"love" my DVR because it would save my time and record my programs when I wanted. Unfortunately, my Motorola device has never fulfilled that expectation. More often than not, I spend my time on the phone waiting for a customer service representative to clear the memory that I can record TV or watch TV without interruption.
Most recently, I entertained a family dinner, hoping that we could watch the Presidential Debates. As fate intervened, my DVR failed to record the debates and due to heavy pixilation, I was unable to watch TV at all. I am quite embarrassed and saddened that I have spent my money on this device and service.
I think you will agree that we have a problem. I was able to schedule service call for a technician to come to my house and "swap" the device out for a "new" one. The term new evidently means "new to this address" because it is apparent that Comcast refurbishes their DVRs. I was subsequently charged $19.99 for the service call because I do not have the service protection plan; even though Rob assured me that I would not be held financially responsible for the service call. Subsequently, I have replaced the DVR five times since originally agreeing to rent the device. The Area Technical Supervisor has been to my house twice as well.
I would like you to either fix this ongoing issue or refer it to your supervisor as soon as possible. I know my problems are not singular or an individual case. My recommendation is to stop using Motorola for cable equipment. I will be following up on this issues next week, and hope to encounter the appropriate action plan.
More Comcast Cable Company Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet alarm system cable services
- Comcast / Xfinity - voice
- Xfinity - internet, tv & phone "best deal of the year!"
- Comcast / Xfinity - "top stories"
- Comcast / Xfinity - property damage