Comcast Cable / services/goods promised in contract not received

1 316 Emerald Lane, Algonquin, IL, United States Review updated:

We changed our satellite service from Dish Network to Comcast in November 2009. When we switched to Comcast, they were running a promotion that promised a Flip video recorder and 24 movie rentals from on-demand. When my husband called to schedule the install, he indicated that we needed the HD receiver because we had an HD TV. When the technician arrived, he did not bring an HD receiver and the receiver was used, banged up and filthy. I was afraid that if it was brought in the house that it may possibly bring unwanted pests. We contacted Comcast while the technician was in our home and they indicated that a new box would be shipped that day and we would have it in a few days. They told us to ship the receiver that the technician brought to our home back to them or drop it off at their office in Carpentersville, Illinois. When I complained that they brought the wrong receiver, they indicated that they were sorry and that they would provide us with four additional movies for our trouble. I asked them how/when we would receive the Flip video camera and they told me that it would be six to eight weeks after our service started. We never received the Flip or the certificates for the 28 movies they owed us. I called once per week for every week that we had service with Comcast as well as sending numerous emails without receiving the courtesy of a response. We went on numerous message boards complaining about Comcast service, or lack of but never received any communication from them. Their rates were ridiculous and their service was poor. Comcast never made good on any of their promises and never even tried to make it seem as if they cared at all. I could not urge anyone enough to stay away from them. They are a horrible provider!!

Comments

• Ab
      16th of Apr, 2012

I would gladly avoid Comcast, if I could. It seems that have quite a monopoly, something I thing should be fixed. We should be able to chose a cable (not satelite) provided, just like we can now chose our electricity provider. My only course of action is to refuse any premium product from Comcast. I have basic cable just so I can get local FREE broadcast channels for a hefty $30 per month. Even though I live within 30 miles of all stations and in a crowded area, I live in a townhome and can not put up the kind of external antenna I would need to receive broadcast TV. I think broadcast TV is also at fault for not providing strong enough signals for the majority of people!!! I may have to relocate just to get out of Comcast's monopoly territory - at a minimum I will unplug completely and rely on rentals - at least you get commercial and pop-up free viewing!