College Pro Painters / Quality

United States, Colorado Review updated:
I had to ask twice to get anything done and the quality was horrible even though I paid the same as if a professional were to have done it. When I complained about them getting deck stain on the house the franchisee actually opened a can of paint, stuck his finger in it and smeared paint on the stained portion to cover it up. He did correct all flaws I pointed out. But very sloppily and only to get paid. The money was the only motivator, not quality or professionalism.

N  4th of Aug, 2009 by
Same experience here. We're in Denver.

First, they quoted 3 days and it took two weeks. Second, there were cigarette butts all over the yard everynight when I came home - even after pointing them out to the 'manager' and asking him to have his crew clean up. Third, we paid for roller and they sprayed - getting paint on light fixtures, trees, killing grass etc.

There are runs. There are bugs painted into the paint. Things were prepped.

Now, less than a year later there are bubbles and the paint is peeling in place due to the bad prep job.

We got them to knock $700 off the price, but what a hassle. I didn't want to negotiate for $700 off, I wanted to simply pay some to paint my house professionally and have it done in a reasonable time.

My wife chose these folks cause she thought she was helping a college student. Apparently the students get scammed too. I knew I should have done my own research.

Of course, they say it's structural and environmental. Yeah right.

DO NOT USE COLLEGE PRO PAINTERS. Just hire real Pros. Sorry college students.
A  14th of Aug, 2009 by
I completely agree, as someone that worked for CP (after working for a much more respectable painting company the previous year), I can tell you that there is no time allowed in the budget for things such as:
-Prepping well enough
-taping so that your lines can have a straight edge
-taking time out for safety
-doing a job well enough so that you don't have to go back and fix light spots

Hopefully at least one college student reads this and decides not to take the plunge that is working for CollegePro. Putting your ### on the line on 40 foot ladders is not worth 7.50.

College Pro Logo College Pro