Coles Earlwood / disrespectful staff

1 NSW, Australia

As a loyal Coles customer for many years I was absolutely disgusted by the attitude and disrespect I received from 'Ben' in the (Earlwood, NSW) store yesterday after I brought to his attention green 'mouldy' bread clearly displayed for all to see. I called him over to see what I had found and instead of thanking me for bringing it to his attention, he felt the need to express that he doesn't answer to immediate callings and had bad attituded and was disrespectful to me. I was shocked by his response. He continued to get smart and I said I would speak to his manager about his attitude and disrespect to the customer. He said 'he didn't care'. I then asked to see the Manager, Rory I believe was his name who as it appears did nothing about the situation. At the very least I would've expected an apology. I had an older lady who witnessed the entire situation. As a mother of teenagers, I do not expect to be spoken to by a young member of Coles Staff this way. Their job is to serve the customer and provide assistance. It's the poor hiring process and egotistical young generation who feel the world owe them something. They are also affecting the Coles brand by providing poor Customer Service. As a local who shops there, I have to say this is one of the worst Coles compared to others. There is never product on the shelves, they run out of things and don't stack the shelves. There is never enough staff to serve customers and Management look like they barely finished school. Something needs to be address here. I share this viewpoint by 1000's of locals and I can assure you if I were to put together a petition, I would have no issue getting the numbers. This is one of many stories I can tell you about this particular Coles and they continue to disappoint over and over. My only regret was not having taken a photo or video, however, I do have a witness who saw the entire situation unfold. It is a real embarrassment to the local shopping area. I would like to know what is going to be done about this to ensure it does not repeat itself? In the meantime, Woolworths Marrickville and Aldi Canterbury look like better options for my future groceries..
Sandra Mascaro