Coles — check out counter
Paula was her name. She manned one of the many counters at Sunnybank Hills Coles Supermarket on Friday the 24th of November 2017.
Two customers in front of us received neither acknowledgement nor smiles, so we thought perhaps it was due to a fact that they were of Asian background. Then it was our turn. We speak perfect English albeit our background and still, there was no different in service. We thought perhaps she was just having a bad day until she served a customer after us whom she served rather happily and with smile. I understand the word ‘racist' is thrown around easily now a days but that particular word might have fit her perfectly on that occasion. We feel that she HAD to serve us just because... She would probably serve the company better staying in the background (at home) where she does not have to mingle with people from many nationalities and backgrounds. We also understand that there are racists (or bullies or misogynists, etc) in every work place but if they are unable to leave the attitude at home then ...
We are not going to stop shopping at Coles Supermarkets. Our experience has always been great, team members have always been helpful and friendly... but this particular one. Paula was her name.
More Coles Complaints & Reviews
- Coles Supermarkets - bullying and harassment at work 
- Coles Supermarkets - sms's to phone 
- Coles Supermarkets - rain check policy - clarity and execution 
- Coles Supermarkets - moldy butter (jeffs unsalted butter) 
- Coles Supermarkets - abuse 
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - treatment by staff
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - your employees accusations and customer service
- Coles Supermarkets - store & fruit
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - deli meats 
- Coles Supermarkets - coles brand mini classics vanilla ice cream