Cogeco Cable Ontario / television and internet

1 Camlachie, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have had service issues since the start of 2018. It took a while to get around to calling but when I did, it took 2 weeks to get a tech out. They discovered I had two shorts in my cable. Since it had been so long, they said they would put me on the rush list as it takes 8 to 12 weeks on a regular time line. Right now we are in to week 9 plus the two weeks waiting time to troubleshoot with no end in sight. They claim they are waiting on a dig permit and a locate. I called the township and there is no such thing a a dig permit AND I called the locate people. They never had more than a five day backlog EVER. So Cogeco lied to me and cannot tell me when this will be fixed or even a timeline to get it done. I have waited for 2 weeks for a supervisor to call me... nothing yet. No one cares, no one has a answer but they love my $200+ per month payment

Ro
Sep 4, 2018

Comments

• Wh
      16th of Jan, 2019

I’m sorry to say that I too have a complaint about Cogeco. I liked the fact that 14 years ago when I moved out of the big city there was a fast speed unlimited Internet option in my small Ontario town. At one point I moved in with a friend and we chose cogeco but the account name was not mine for a brief time. But I chose this same company for the whole 14 years. Sadly it seems loyalty doesn’t matter. A few months ago I called in with a question why my account balance was so high... after being put on hold and put off and disconnected I forgot all about it and didn’t really think about it again until a few weeks ago I had to call in and be a put on hold and disconnected put on hold again and spend hours to try and get my Internet reconnected. Why???? Because I was disconnected which I later found out was because I had not paid my bill. ???!!! And you know the funny thing was when I phoned in there’s a voice message saying that the wait time to get through to someone is 15 minutes but it’s more than twice that and a repeating message “if you’ve paid your bill we have switched account numbers rest assured your account will be paid” well there was no rest assured because they cut off my service. Cogeco didn’t bother to look at my other account number and see that I had actually been paying my bills and hadn’t had any payment issues in the 14 years. But one thing I did discover with this was that with my automatic bill payment my monthly fee actually increased by $40!!! Wasn’t a one time only issue months ago... Yes I said increased by $40. When I phoned in asking the person who finally answered they replied that it was a promotion that it ended. (of course this is after hours of being on hold and being disconnected and transferred etc. etc. ) Well Cogeco, I’d like to get another promotion because that’s quite an increase. After Facebook messaging and trying my darndest to get a hold of someone I’ve been offered $15 off per month. I could call into customer loyalty which is what I’ve done and been disconnected from...
    Don’t you realize Cogeco that there’s now a high-speed fibre optic company in town?
    Also, This locking into a service agreement really irks me because when I get crappy service what do I get but a penalty charge when I voice my opinion by switching...
    Which by the way you can see I don’t do lightly since I am complaining here after having terrible terrible service (even today you actually had a callback message which I chose the callback, I answered when i got a call and I was put on hold for 15 minutes then disconnected again!!! Come on!!!