Coach Outlet / coach handbags poor quality and bad customer service

Bethlehem, PA, United States

I am very disappointed with the lack of customer service I received at the Coach Outlet store located at the Sands Outlets in Bethlehem, 77 Sands Boulevard, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania on Friday June 10th at approximately 9:30 PM. I know this was awhile ago. I was just going to let it go, but two months later I am still upset, so I decided to write this post. Anyway, June 10th I went into the store because the zipper on my Coach bag broke. I asked the sales associate what they could do about it. The woman I spoke to said she was a manager and my only option was to pay $55 and have the bag sent out for 4-6 weeks in order for it to get fixed. The manager I spoke to was not helpful and she made a snide remark about the bag being a year and a half old as if that was ancient. Yes, the bag is a year and a half old. I hate to break it to Coach employees, but that’s not that old. A well- made purse shouldn’t break after 1.5 years. All the employees I spoke with had the same condescending attitude like I was ### because I wanted Coach to reap some of the cost of repairing a bag that was over a year old. I spoke to another manager who said the same thing. Although I was very angry at this point, I kept my composure, was nothing but polite, and explained that I only buy Coach Bags because of their quality and because in the past the company has backed their product. All of the Coach employees acted as if they didn't care at all what I had to say. They didn't validate my feelings and they made me feel like garbage. I find this unacceptable. I should have not been treated this way. The employees should have at least tried to keep me happy as a customer and should have at least attempted come to a solution. There was no attempt at a solution and they showed no care what so ever that I was upset. Again, I was polite, but communicated the issues I had. Their customer service was plain horrible. I absolutely love my bag and I am devastated that it is broken. I don’t feel after a year and a half later that I should have to pay $55 and wait over a month to have my bag fixed. Whether it is policy or not, I feel that Coach employees could have made more of an effort to fix the issue and make an exception being that it isn't that far out of the year warranty. They could have at least tried to help me. Especially since I thought that the policy stated that the bags were guaranteed for life. I understand if the bag would have been 5 years old and I wanted the company to reap the cost of the repair that they would say it is my fault and I would have to pay, but this was only a year and a half.
I started buying Coach Handbags about 15 years ago because I liked the style and the quality. Also, I was misinformed, but I buy the bags because I thought they were guaranteed for life. In the past I have had top-notch customer service from Coach and Coach Outlet employees. I became a loyal Coach fan when 6 years ago I had an issue with one of my bags, which was approximately 2-3 years old. I don’t remember what, but something on the bag broke. I went into a different Coach Outlet store to find out what they could do. At this time the sales associate was incredibly helpful and understanding. They credited me for the amount of the bag and I was able to pick out a brand new handbag, which I didn't expect whatsoever, but greatly appreciated...After this I was hooked on Coach and from this time on the only brand handbags I bought was Coach. I told everybody I knew about my amazing experience (even years later) because it really showed that the company was dedicated to selling quality products and the customer service was out of this world!
When I went into the Sands Outlet Coach I didn't expect or want a new handbag, in fact if they would have offered that I would have turned them down because I want to keep my bag. It's just the point that they didn't even try to help me or make me happy. Coach employees showed me that they didn't care at all. The handbag was approximately $220.00. It seems pretty ridiculous that Coach bags over $200 only last a year and a half. This is really a hassle and upsetting. I love my handbag and I want it fixed, but I don’t want to put more money into the bag because I am afraid it is going to break again. I don’t want to have to pay $55 every year and a half to have this handbag. At this point I haven't gotten it fixed on principle, which stinks because I want to use the bag!!! Over the years I have spent thousands on Coach products buying purses, perfume, shoes, jewelry, wallets, a headband, wristlets, make up bags, a passport cover, umbrellas, scarves, key chains, gloves, hats, etc. I have spent so much money at Coach~ and they can't waive a $55 fee for my handbag to be repaired??? That says A LOT about Coach as a company. I have reached out to Coach and have received either no response or a response that doesn't make sense or match my questions-Like the response to me was "cut and pasted". I am really disappointed and will never buy Coach products again. Coach lost a customer for life, but I am sure they don't care.

Kt