CMG Freeshipping.com / unexplained charges

CMG FreeShipping.com
For 3 months I saw charges for 9.97 each month from this place, I thought it was for shipping on something we purchased online. In July, I hadn't ordered anything and saw it again.
I called the number [protected] and talked with a Zack who said he was the supervisor and that he could NOT take off the charges that it was authorized as a shipping club to hit our account.

I explained we never signed up for anything and wanted to talk with a supervisor. He said he WAS the supervisor but then gave me a email address of customercare@freeshipping.com and a name of MaryBeth for another supervisor.

To date, I have not been able to have the charges removed.
I have submitted a complaint to the BBB.

N  22nd of Jun, 2009 by
found charge on bankstatement. have no knowledge of transaction. i don't do free shipping for this exact reason!
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
An unauthorized charge of $83.88 was made against my debit card.
N  18th of Aug, 2009 by

CMG Freeshipping.com - Unauthorized $83.88 Charge

$83.88 was charged to my credit card and I did not purchase anything from this company. No phone # was given with the charge on my bill or to my credit card company.
N  3rd of Nov, 2009 by

CMG Freeshipping.com - unauthorized charges

Ordered flowers through proflowers and was unknowingly signed up for a monthly payment to cmg freeshipping.com. I previously had to cancel another freeshipping monthly payment that I was also unknowingly signed up for with easy saver from the same order of flowers.
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by
My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion you experienced regarding our partner program. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns, assist you with anything I can and receive any additional feedback to improve our service. Please contact me directly to discuss, my phone number is (858) 909-3785. I would like to assist you in any way that I can.
N  8th of Feb, 2010 by

CMG Freeshipping.com - Unauthorized Charge
CMG Freeshipping.com
Phone: 800-869-5597

I received a charge for CMG Freeshipping.com on my card for $95.88 and called to dispute it. They would only refund a prorated amount of $88.88. So I called back and talked to another gentlemen to see why its prorated and he told me i signed a two page form through CAFE PRESS with all the information that they had. I asked him to email it to me and have yet to receive it!!! He told me he could not refund the other $7.00 bc they had this signed form. When i told him that it overdrew my account, he authorized the full amount to be charged back to my card and i also have his operator name/number and transaction id for the full amount of $95.88. Still waiting for my two page signed agreement...
N  14th of Feb, 2010 by
I have just had the same problem: an unauthorized charge of $83.88 on my check card, pending as of Feb 14. I plan to call Caroline at Proflowers and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

I would hope that Proflowers discontinues its partnership with Clarus Marketing Group ("CMG freeshipping") so as not to tarnish their own reputation with this kind of con.
N  25th of Feb, 2010 by

CMG Freeshipping.com - Unauthorized $83.88 Charge

Another case of "inadvertently" getting signed up for FreeShipping.com and being shocked when $83.88 showed up on my credit card statement. They claimed I not only signed up, but that they sent me an e-mail confirming the signup. I checked all of my emails, including all deleted ones, for the past 3 months. There was no confirmation email. FreeShipping agreed to cancel my membership but said they could only refund $74.23. I am in the process of demanding the full amount of $83.88 be refunded.

I placed an order with Organize-It.com and the little box saying "Click Here for Free Shipping" is extremely misleading. You click on it and fill in the requested information believing Organize-It is going to give you the free shipping. Instead a different company, i.e. FreeShipping.com, is getting you to sign up for a membership in their organization that you have absolutely no interest in. I went back in and cancelled immediately (or thought I had), but somehow it didn't get cancelled and I got billed for $83.88.

This is very wrong, and I hope someone is able to stop it.

FreeShipping.com Logo FreeShipping.com