Club Velas Vallarta / Fraudulent sales practices!

1 Mexico Review updated:

Velas Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Timeshare Scam. The scam starts the moment you walk through the door. The sales person will introduce them self to you and their name may be the last truthful thing you will hear from them. Our sales person was Michel De Lisi from Quebec (supposedly). Our scamming is near identical to everyone else’s postings so there isn’t a great need to go into all the sordid details. Given the similarity of the scammings by so many different sales people it serves as a testimony to the pervasiveness of this fraud throughout this company.

The 90 minute Timeshare Presentation we agreed to was a scam from the get-go and it lasted several hours. As a Canadian you expect and account for sales people exaggerating claims of their product. The Velas Vallarta sales staff do not exaggerate, they look you in the eyes and out and out lie to you. It is fraud by all definitions.

If even half of the things they tell you were true it would be a reasonable deal. This is the premise under which we bought, factoring in sales embellishments of 50%. Unfortunately for us the embellishments we had factored for were fraudulent lies.

It’s a great investment that will appreciate over time. LIE / Fraud. You can easily rent your weeks for more than your purchase price. LIE / Fraud. Your purchase comes with an Annuity that will return your entire Timeshare investment in 25 years. LIE / Fraud.

Velas Vallarta Corporate Representative Johnny Noe it seems has recently been replaced by Contract Manager Monica Dellegrave. Don’t think for one moment that this will change the sales practices of this company. From a deceitful corporation point of view why change? The scam collects millions with minimal risk of paybacks.

My wife and I have come to the resolution that our “investment” is gone forever. We would have done better if we had invested in Enron. What we wish is to get this message out as far and wide as possible so that no one else suffers the same fate as us.

DO NOT attend a Velas Vallarta Timeshare Sales scam unless you get great entertainment from hearing enormous lies. But most important is DO NOT PURCHASE a Velas Vallarta Timeshare. If you feel for any reason that you must have ownership in a Timeshare do yourself a favour and purchase it from the secondary Resale/Rental Market at a fraction of the original sale price. Better yet, rent the week you want from the secondary market for less than the yearly maintenance fee.

Spread the word to everyone you care about.

Comments

Bs
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

My experience was similar to what others have said. Fortunately, I was able to get my deposit back because I canceled 4 days after signing. (They tell you that you can't rescind but the contract says you have the right to cancel within 5 days of signing. I cancelled on day 4.)

The sad part is that these are Americans scamming fellow Americans. I loved Puerta Valarta but hated being harassed by timeshare salesmen and may not go back to Mexico for that reason.

Lo
  12th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Oh My Goodness!! I suppose you would complain about any timeshare you would have bought. We have owned at Vela for 11 years and have referred alot of friends and family. Not one of us has a single complaint. We go twice a year and have exchanged a couple of times and always got our reservations at Velas and our exchange to Europe and Canada were wonderful.
I highly recomend this company!!! The owner Mr. Vela we have met personally and really cares about his owners.
Stop telling these lies and use your timeshare!!!
Loving Velas in PV