Club Velas Vallarta / Scam and lies!

We were suckered into a timeshare speech and fell for it hook, line and sinker. We had purchased a Bluegreen Vacation Club to find we could never get into any of the resorts always "booked" but could find that we could get into the resorts through another means ie: RCI. Paul Rado was our big power speaker, also went to see what we would get for our Bluegreen, came back with a good figure, promised us we would NEVER encounter "booked" and find options through other means. This was great a place we would be able to go to without a hassle!!! Signed on the dotted line.

Well we tried to book our time and have now been told they are can you guess it... "BOOKED" and I can now get there by means of RCI, Apple Vacations, Funjet Vacations, MLT and get this... Velas Vallarta website! HA HA! HA! Another US Citizen screwed over. We must have SUCKER on our foreheads or our brains are frozen from the cold. Our Bluegreen is still listed in our name and we are still responsible for the fees. Title was never transferred.

We have tried to settle this with Velas with no success, numerous phone calls and e-mails. Paul Rado's e-mail account is now suspended. Mr Vargas the head of Reservations that Paul Rado had referred us to can't even handle his own e-mails or phone calls, he has one of his girls do the dirty work.

I'm sure the annuity that we were told we had... the $20,000.00 is also a LIE since they wanted $2.000.00 for administrative cost.

What a shame it was a beautiful resort.

Comments

• Su
      29th of Dec, 2008

The names have been changed, but the experience was much as yours was with this resort. The rental company they wanted us to use was Sierra Club Rentals. The phone number they gave us and the phone number on my credit card were different. The one on the credit card belongs to a company in California. The governor's office of California could not help me because they said it was part of Mexican time share fraud.

I have been dealing with PROFECO since April, 2008 but they believe the lies of the Velas group rather than the paper work I have sent. I even have a letter cancelling the contract, but they refuse to give me my money back.

I am going to start a writing campaign, starting with the US consulate in Mexico and the Mexican consulate in the US. Then travel companies and I'll go from there.

If there is a law suit out there, my husband and I will gladly be a part of it. I wrote to one person who said they had one, but got no response yes or no.

• Lo
      12th of Nov, 2009

I am an owner at Velas and ALWAYS get my reservations. I bought this timeshare because in the contract the guarantees reservations!!! First time I have ever seen this and they for 4 years have been true to thier word.
    This resort has allowed great vacations for our family every year.

• Af
      26th of Apr, 2011

5 Apples is not 5 Star by the way. You should really use a travel agent to book your trips. She could have helped you if she was a good one. www.affordabletrips.net