Clarks Shoes / dangerous heel

Phone: 715-426-5072

The beautiful looking and comfortable Clarks brand shoes caused me to fall. I have had these shoes only for 2 months and they caused me to trip head first and the second time sideways causing great pain. I turned to go to my right and the right shoe turned my ankle straight down and I fell on my right side hitting my right hip, shoulder and head. I was taken to the emergency room and was given x rays! Something in the design of the wedge type heel caused this fall. The name of the shoe is Clarks Artisan. My friend who also bought this same pair of shoes also fell in our company parking lot and had many scrapes and bruises from her fall.

Comments

• In
      25th of Jun, 2009

I'm NOT HAPPY with a pair of "Ingram" White/Pink tong sandals just purchased on 6-20-09. The RIGHT ONE slips off and the inner sole is leather, but since it is SLIPPERY, for a tong backless sandal, the shoes are impossible to WEAR. Since I wore them twice, I'm afraid the store will NOT give me a credit or do ANYTHING for the $60 pair of sandals I purchased, supposedly, on sale. I'd never buy another pair of Clark's.

• Bl
      31st of Mar, 2010

I was recently wearing a pair of clarks (clunky looking shoe, but deceptively tapered heel) and I turned, went over on the heel, twisted my ankle and have a torn tendon.

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I have had the identical problem with 2 of the 3 pairs of Clarks clogs/shoes I have owned. The first pair, when they fell apart, I assumed it to be bad luck and I threw them out. The 2nd pair, which I got cheaply at a thrift store, ironically, are going strong. However, the uppers of the 3rd pair, new condition, purchased only last week and worn just 3 times, have completely separated from the sole on the length of the inside of the right shoe and there is a 1 1/2 inch area of separation on the left one. I would have them repaired, but I really don't see how they could be repaired because of the design defect noted in your complaint. So disappointed because these shoes are so very comfortable! Amazing that this company could stay in business with so many customers experiencing a similar problem with what are rather expensive shoes. I have never had any shoes fall apart before, not even cheap ones!