Clairol Inc / Awful experience

This is regarding Miss Clairol 44 (Red Copper) NEW Cover-Precision Formula. Have used MC 44 for ages, a beautiful copper red. Last night bought MC 44 NEW and dyed my hair. To my horror, an horrible dark brown color was the result, not even red highlights! Tonight is my 40th High School Class Reunion and they have ruined it for me! Went back to Walgreens and bought a much lighter color, but to no avail, didn't lighten any. Now my hair not only has this dark ugly color, not copper not red, and hair damage because of double haircoloring. This new MC 44 stained all my skin around the hairline which the haircoloring stain removal product I bought could not remove! THIS NEW MISS CLAIROL 44 IS NOT THE SAME COLOR AS THE ORIGINAL MISS CLAIROL 44. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE CODED THIS NEW COLOR AS MC 44 BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SAME. IT MUST BE CODED WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER/COLOR. CODING IT THE SAME HAS RESULTED IN THEY RUINING THIS EVENT FOR ME; I TRUSTED IT WAS THE SAME COLOR I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT.

Ri

Comments

Ma
  31st of Dec, 2010

Gee, I just bought Clairol, "Miss Clairol" Color Precise in clear blond, and am afraid to use it, as my hair is already stressed out, since I live down here in hell, aka Rep of Panama, and the hairdressers here are adept at ruining hair any finer than a horse's tail! So, had to resort, after having my hair burnt off 3 times in ten years, to doing my own hair. I am sorry you had this happen with your hair, and on such a special occasion. I know that nothing can give you back the joy, you would have had, instead of the stress, and horror, and last minute trying to fix the mess, the misrepresentation of the color, produced for you. Thank you for this information. Perhaps it will help someone else avoid being duped by Clairol.

Un
  15th of Jan, 2011

The CEO needs to try some of these products himself and rely on what is written on the box without asking his subordinates what's in the box or what it will do to his hair or scalp. He will gain a better appreciation for the customer's experience. Labeling the product just to meet the legal requirements to protect the company from angry customers doesn't help the customer select the best product for their needs. Hiding the ingredients list in small print on the bottom of the box guarantees that older customers sensitive to scalp irritation by ammonia will be unaware of the contents until they try to use it.