Having problems with Clairol?

Clairol reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 29, 2009. The latest review Nice and easy hair dye was posted on May 10, 2021. The latest complaint product failure was resolved on Dec 11, 2014. Clairol has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 77 reviews. Clairol has resolved 7 complaints.

Clairol Customer Service Contacts

350 Fifth Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Clairol Customer Service. Initial Clairol complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Clairol above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Clairol. Discuss the issues you have had with Clairol and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Clairol Complaints & Reviews

ClairolNice and easy hair dye

Hi 😃 so I'm just contacting you guys because I've been using your product for years and have always loved it I get the medium blonde and use it about every two months, this time I used it my scalp was on fire and I took it off after 15 minutes instead of 25 when I rinsed my hair I felt blisters pop underneath my finger tips is there a way I got a defective product or you changed your product? I think I might need to get medical attention to the burns on my head

ClairolNice and easy hair dye

Hi I bought a clairol medium mahigony brown and my hair is jet black it's really upsetting it's took me 5 years to get completely rid of the black now it's back it was suppose to be reddish brown I'm not happy at all my confidence has gone, I want it resolved ASAP, now I have more expense as the only option 8 can see now is to strip my hair to get my natural. Colour back yours sincerely trudi Wharton

Nice and easy hair dye
    Nice and easy hair dye

ClairolNice and Easy permanent hair dye

When the new formula came out I found my usual colour (Natural Light Caramel Brown 6W) which I loved and had used for many years, had been discontinued. I rang Clairol who told me the nearest shade was now Light Mocha, same number 6W. I used it and ended up with very, dark brown hair (nothing like the picture on the box and definitely not a 6 base colour) which I had to get fixed at the hairdressers. I tentatively tried another shade Light Reddish Brown which looked, on the box, a very similar colour to what I wanted to achieve. Again it came out a very dark brown with a dark red glow under light. I'm done with Nice and Easy now but would like to know how they are still in business. The customer service team have no idea what they are talking about and whoever designed this new formula knows nothing about hair dye. I couldn't care less what the packaging looks like or what the product smells like, it's on for 30 minutes for Christ's sake. I just want to choose my shade and get that same result not a completely different one. Nice and Easy is now seen as a ridiculous product.

ClairolClairol Light Brown 6

They have changed their formula and ruined a good product. I went from a light brown/grey - to a dark brown which thankfully only lasted 5 washes all which i did every day i showered. its not the same and not good enough and takes too long to do. the new mixing products are horrible.
        Nice & Easy has changed to Nasty and Hard with their new dyes

Bring back the product you built your name on and leave it alone in the future

ClairolNice and easy

I had light brown hair. Wanted to go slightly darker so I used nice and easy 4G dark golden brown. The picture on the front and on the colour chart show a lovely medium brown
          However my hair has come out pitch black
          It's awful. I am almost 68 years old so I look like an old witch.
          I am so upset.
          Please advise how you intend to resolve this issue and also change the description and pictures on the box
          My email address is [protected]@perkel.co.za

Nice and easy

ClairolNice'n easy permanent colour

I have been using your products for a couple of years with no issue. On Thursday evening I went to dye my roots blonde as it was my birthday the following day. I purchased Extra Light Blonde 9.5 which was written on the packet and the bottle. The colour in the bottle was actually BROWN so my hair is now an awful combination of brown at the top then patchily changing to my usual blonde further down. It ruined my birthday and I had to tie my hair up so it wasn't obvious. I really want to be compensated for this as I now have to pay for a hairdresser to fix it. You need to check and withdraw the rest of that batch as they are probably all wrong and you might get many complaints. I have attached supporting photos. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com and contact number is [protected].
            Please contact me so I don't have to go to social media.
            Regards
            Sharelle

ClairolNice and easy dye

My mother and I both purchased different colour hair dyes of Clairol nice and easy from crackerjack hastings nz 2020. (The sticker on the box says it's distributed from Uncle Bill's). Her colour was stored at her house, mine was stored at my house). We dyed each other's hair today, and discovered both had the same problem. Both colours had a thick substance in them. Which starts out cloudy colour then the dye stuck to it. We couldn't get the colour out of the bottle. As this was so thick, I couldn't even mush it with my fingers. It's like some of the mixture had thickly congealed. Now that it's in both very different colour bottles and both were stored at separate houses. The only thing we can think of it has been stored incorrectly between the warehouses of distribution or travelling. We were both disappointed as it effected how we put it on and hugely to our timing. Could you reply to our concern.

Nice and easy dye
              Nice and easy dye

ClairolNice and easy blue black dye

I have been using this dye since I was 19 and I am 45 now. There have been many new versions of this product but I have stuck with it because it's the only box dye that doesn't lighten or purple with washings. The last time I used this dye, I had a very strange problem. No matter how much I rinse my hair it won't rinse out all the way and it is still staining my white towel after a month and a half of washes! I wash my hair daily so that is insane. I am tired of using a black towel and covering my white pillowcase when I go to bed with wet hair and need a solution! Thank you.

ClairolNice 'n easy hair dye: 6g light golden brown

I recently purchased nice'easy permanent hair dye colour 6g light golden brown as the suggested resulting colour is exactly what I am aiming for.
                  However, upon using the dye in exactly the way described in the instructions, my hair became darker. Not what I wanted. I have now tried this dye twice but gained the same result.
                  I then checked reviews about this dye on the asda (from where I bought the dye) web sight and many customers had the same result. Please let us know why this is so. I do not want a darker colour I want the light brown golden colour. For your information my natural hair colour is medium brown.

Please be assured that this complaint is not about the supermarket from where I purchased the hair dye.

It is solely to do with the product itself.

ClairolRoot touch up

I bought a box of root touch up permanent hair colour and there was no application brush inside.
                    It was berry difficult for me to apply the colour and my mother had to use an old toothbrush which hurt my head. Why was there no application brush inside, infact some of my hair broke while applying the hair colour.
                    I am not happy about this and need some compensation.

Root touch up

ClairolNatural instincts semi permanent hair color

Hello

A friend recommended this product. I have been using Clairol nice'n easy for many years and was a convert.

I had used it a couple of times and the third time I used it, I automatically prepared the application and applied it.

I waited the recommended time and when it came to rinsing off the product - the water ran clear. It was then I realised I had mixed the conditioner by accident and the product was wasted.

I wouldn't ordinarily complain but I feel the packaging could be far more obvious than a couple of numbers to distinguish them - like the nice'n easy products - no chance at all of getting that wrong as the packaging is very different.

So, a wasted product and money quite literally down the drain.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your comments and refund as a goodwill gesture.

yours faithfully

Lee Hopkins (Mrs)

Apr 05, 2020

Clairol — Nice and easy permanent hair color

Today, April 5, 2020 I opened a box of Nice and easy haircolor, as I have been doing every 2 weeks for the...

ClairolDid nothing

My hair color was the same color after i used your product, i thought because of how much it burned my head it was working but nope nothing very disappointed total waste of money my special day was completely ruined

• Sh
                            Shannonevans Apr 11, 2020

Literally the same thing has just happened to me! So annoyed after the amount of time I’ve spent doing it and now left with orange roots and brown hair?!

Clairolroot touch-up color blending gel

I am on vacation and I used this product for the first time! I was sorely disappointed! It didnt look any different 😔 I applied as instructed waited 10 minutes and rinsed thoroughly. I have used many clairol products before and have been very satisfied, but this one is a huge fail!!!
                          And I just tried to send one picture and it says my file is too large!! Extremely disappointed!!!

• Je
                              jeffreyboy May 06, 2021

Bought Clairol root touch-up Color Blending Gel for the first time since the presentation, appearance and the easiness of application were very convincing. Used and applied per instructions. To my dismay the color gel applied totally washed away with the rinse. This product is a SCAM. Don't buy this!!!

• Ca
                              CarolynReynolds Mar 27, 2021

You have been lucky, with the new formula you usually end up with hair many shades darker than the colour you’ve chosen. Lucky escape.

Clairolclairol nice and easy

On box 922600 20:43 . Bar code [protected]. All ready to colour hair open box . Get the paper out to get gloves that are usually attached to instructions. NO GLOVES. No time to return to store to get new box.My hair was just cut so I needed dye. Good thing I had some old rubber gloves around the house I used them. I would had to get dressed and drive to the store once again for your mistake. Not a happy customer. Bought at No Frills Kingston Ontario. Marsha Kaiser

Clairolnice and easy 8g medium honey blonde

I have used Nice and Easy for many years usually light to mid blonde colours and have always been happy with the result. The last one I used last week was 8G Medium Honey Blonde. After following the colouring instructions to the letter my hair colour was exactly the same. The colour creme did not seem to have any colouring ingredient in it. Perhaps this is a manufacturing fault so I have taken a note of the number on the tube - [protected] on the nozzle end and 2278002 where the tube is sealed.
                              I paid £6.50 at Morrisons Supermarket for this - a complete waste of time - and woud like a refund of my money.

Jan 04, 2020

Clairol — nice n easy medium ash blonde 8a

I normally use a Light Ash Blonde shade in summer & fall and wanted to go a bit darker for the winter. Just...

Jan 02, 2020

Clairol — clairol

I purchased Clairol hair dye a few weeks ago to dye my hair and left on the normal amount of time as I wa...

Clairolfrost and tip

I bought Frost and Tip for my light brown hair.
                                I applied it today and It became orange.
                                I talked to the customer service via Facebook messenger and they told me to buy Wella T28 toner and it will be better. Guess what, nothing happened! And my hair is so bad right now!
                                And they have false advertisement as when I bought it, it wasnt written that you may need to use toner or do it twice! It ruined my hair and I cant go outside like this! I dont know what I am gonna do

Dec 11, 2019

Clairol — hair dye

I bought the nice and easy hair dye - warm DARK brown from a local shop. It was applied by a professional...