Complaints & Reviews

Did nothing

My hair color was the same color after i used your product, i thought because of how much it burned my head it was working but nope nothing very disappointed total waste of money my special day was completely ruined

root touch-up color blending gel

I am on vacation and I used this product for the first time! I was sorely disappointed! It didnt look any different 😔 I applied as instructed waited 10 minutes and rinsed thoroughly. I have used many clairol products before and have been very satisfied, but this one is a huge fail!!!
And I just tried to send one picture and it says my file is too large!! Extremely disappointed!!!

clairol nice and easy

On box 922600 20:43 . Bar code [protected]. All ready to colour hair open box . Get the paper out to get gloves that are usually attached to instructions. NO GLOVES. No time to return to store to get new box.My hair was just cut so I needed dye. Good thing I had some old rubber gloves around the house I used them. I would had to get dressed and drive to the store once again for your mistake. Not a happy customer. Bought at No Frills Kingston Ontario. Marsha Kaiser

nice and easy 8g medium honey blonde

I have used Nice and Easy for many years usually light to mid blonde colours and have always been happy with the result. The last one I used last week was 8G Medium Honey Blonde. After following the colouring instructions to the letter my hair colour was exactly the same. The colour creme did not seem to have any colouring ingredient in it. Perhaps this is a manufacturing fault so I have taken a note of the number on the tube - [protected] on the nozzle end and 2278002 where the tube is sealed.
I paid £6.50 at Morrisons Supermarket for this - a complete waste of time - and woud like a refund of my money.

nice n easy medium ash blonde 8a

I normally use a Light Ash Blonde shade in summer & fall and wanted to go a bit darker for the winter. Just bought the new & improved Nice n Easy Medium Ash Blonde 8A and applied it today. It's way too dark!! I am also wondering like other customers if there has been a mix-up somewhere in manufacturing and/or putting the wrong dye in the wrong box. Nobody at Clairol answers the phone on weekends! Am desperately trying to figure out what to do next. Will never buy Nice n Easy again!!

clairol

I purchased Clairol hair dye a few weeks ago to dye my hair and left on the normal amount of time as I was taking a shower chunks of my hair began falling out and now I'm missing most my hair. I contacted Clairol right after this happened and they said they send me a survey to fill out but I never received so if I can get in contact with someone that can help me get this situation worked out because this is not right

frost and tip

I bought Frost and Tip for my light brown hair.
I applied it today and It became orange.
I talked to the customer service via Facebook messenger and they told me to buy Wella T28 toner and it will be better. Guess what, nothing happened! And my hair is so bad right now!
And they have false advertisement as when I bought it, it wasnt written that you may need to use toner or do it twice! It ruined my hair and I cant go outside like this! I dont know what I am gonna do

hair dye

I bought the nice and easy hair dye - warm DARK brown from a local shop. It was applied by a professional hairdresser, left on longer than necessary to ensure it took to my roots and to be honest it was an absolute waste of money. My roots look ginger and not one bit brown. Dont state that it is dark brown when it clearly isnt.. not the first time this has happened either!!!

root touch up

I recently purchased a box Root touch up as I have several times in the past. There was not a mixing tray included. Have you stopped using them? I had to mix the two products together on the packaging it came in and before I was done it was seeping thru unto my counter. What a mess. I am very disappointed! Please advise!
Karen McClanahan
Karebears.[protected]@ Gmail.com

age defying 6g

I have always used nice and easy, as that's the brand my mum uses. I'm 58 with quite abit of grey hair, but one box always covers beautifully, on Friday 8th November I applied age...

clairol age defy

I have just tried to dye the wife's hair with your age defy number 6 light brown dye and your product has made no difference to the amount of grey still showing. I followed the instructions carefully as we have not used this product before and when mixing the two bottles together I noticed that the fluid that I was applying to the hair was white with no hint of any colour at all. My wife as I am are very disappointed with the results. Please find two photos before and after attached .

hair colour

I'm am not happy with the product that I brought I brought 2 boxes of dark brown hair colour number 4 put it on blond hair expecting a nice brown how ever after following instructions on the leaflet even though I have dyed my hair many of times in the past my hair is now actually black ! Not what I wanted it is now going to cost me a fortune to lighten it with out damagaing my hair ! And as I'm aware after posting my disappointment on my social media I'm not the only person who has brought this same colour and hair is also black not BROWN if I wanted black hair I would of brought the BLACK hair colour I'm not sure if you have a faulty batch or not but it's not fair that people are buying a colour expecting it to be the one on the box and now having to spend time and money on correcting it to the colour they expected in the first place !

hair dye

I purchased a clairol hair dye yesterday and as usual the metal tube is going to be hard to squeeze into the bottle as i have arthritis in my hands when i was trying to squeeze the metal tube into the hair dye it split open at the side as i was squeezing it i couldn't get it all to the bottle why do have to use a meatl tube and go back to the bottle it was alot easier back then i said i would not use your hair products agin but the truth is i have used your brand for the thirty years so i daren't try another brand .Please find a different way of doing this pleaase

nice n easy natural light ash blonde 9a

241255 To whom this may concern, am writing to you about the issue I've had with your hair dye, it has turned my hair a totally different colour which was stated on the box, plus my neck...

hair colour nice and easy - 8a medium ash blonde new improved formula

I have used these products for many years and during the summer I used 9a light ash blonde but for the winter I change a shade darker 8a medium ash blonde always been happy with product and colour.
Last night changed to winter colour 8a medium ash blonde and ended up brown!!!
Very disappointed and now wondering what I can do can't go out looking like this will have to see hairdresser today for correction. This will cost and looking for you to compensate. Now worried about all your colours will 9a the light ash blonde give darker result and have you muddled your colours when packaging?
Please call me or email with your suggestions.
[protected]@hotmail.com
[protected]
Need urgent attention.
Denise Hopkin

age defying hair dye number 5

I have always used nice and easy, as that's the brand my mum uses. I'm 43 with quite abit of grey hair, but one box always covers beautifully, on fri 18th oct whilst in my local store I spotted the age defying dye and thought I would give that ago instead . My husband followed the instructions to the letter and I thought it had dyed my hair lovely, the colour was great and so shiny, but unfortunately the next morning I discovered a few grey areas. I assumed my hubby had just missed a few spots do I went back to the store and bought another, we repeated the process again, but even after 2 boxes of dye I still have grey areas that hsvent dyed. I'm so disappointed as I've paid out for 2 boxes and looks like I'll have to live with it been grey for a while now as I I darnt put another dye on incase I ruin my hair. I'm really disappointed with this product and would welcome some feed back and advice from yourselves. Kind reguards nicola landale

clairol 4g dark golden brown

Good day,

I purchased Clairol 4G Dark Golden Brown, which according to the picture is the closest to my natural colour. I followed all the instructions but my hair turned out BLACK. Even though, the condition and shine in my hair was pleasing, the shade definitely deceiving according to the picture on the box. I have subsequently washed my hair more than usual in any attempt to rinse out as much of the colour as possible. My questions are 1) could you suggest a colour in your range that you could soften the depth of the black colour I now have 2) Now that my hair is this dark, my root regrowth is much more noticeable and in much shorter time than usual. What product do you have for roots only, or do I purchase the same 4G and store the remainder of the product after I have done my roots?

Many thanks,
Gill

root touch up

I bought the black root touch up. I tried the product twice. The first time I followed the instructions to leave the application for ten minutes. Afterwards, it just grayed my gray area, never took the color in. The second time, I continued did not follow the instructions and left the application on or 25 minutes. It did the same exact thing as the first time. I am request my money back of $9.97 plus tax. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Arleen DeJesus. email: [protected]@yahoo.com.

natural instincts

Hey "Scare-all!" Why didn't you stick to the KISS Principle? What "twit" thought this up? You had a great product and it was so easy to use. I have knocked over my 4th developer bottle trying to squeeze the color cream into the freaking bottle. WTH? I am furious. You didn't bother getting some female human to try this before you stuck us (me) with this crap. The liquid color was fine .. easy peasey. Nooo you had to screw it up with this cream that does not ... I repeat ... Does not mix or color as well as the liquid. To top it off you put the color in a metal tube. Oh damn, what next? Uh hand crank in every box? Did you consider women with hand issues would struggle with this cutesy Tootsie bs. Put it back!This is a giant fail. Put it back like it was, change the package color or design, but leave the product alone. I have used NI for as long as I can remember, but I am seriously looking for a replacement. You lost a loyal customer. Now put that in your metal tube and squeeze it, sucka!
P.S. - I'm so mad I wanna smack yo momma fuh dis! Yuh coulda made the color tube screw into the developer bottle so you wouldn't lose everything if it tipped over ... Duuh! Thinkin woman in duh he-ouse!
I'm done here, ya'll!

• SubSquirrel Sep 29, 2019

Don’t be cheap and go to a professional hairdresser. If you’re too weak to squeeze color into an applicator bottle then you are not qualified to color your own hair.

nice and easy light beige blonde

I brought a light beige blonde colour to dye my hair and it's gone black!!! I'm really not happy about this at all the colour in the bottles clearly isnt the colour in the boxes spend 10.00 pound on 2 boxes for the compleatly wrong colour. Your surposed to make sure that product is in the correct boxes so that when people buy them they are buying the correct colour what are you going to do about this

nice and easy light beige blonde

MargaretAnn123 Nov 01, 2019

The same thing has happened to me, I bought 7CB. Dark champagne blonde. once on after about 20 mins I realized it had gone really dark. The tube was a 10A. I rang them yesterday when it happened & talked to a lady in Scotland. she took my Tel. No. & email address. Gave me a case ref. no. & said they would be in touch by email nothing yet from them. When I asked what I was supposed to do with my hair now, she told me to go to my hairdressers to get it sorted. At the end of the conversation she said " have a nice day" well that was not going to happen was it!!
    Tel no. to talk to them 0800 0284177

MargaretAnn123 Nov 01, 2019

well you should not be protecting that Tel. No. how are people to contact you who need help, you have messed up some were with these colours

clairol frost & tip light blond

I bought this product from Walgreens tonight. I have used this product for 3 plus years. I am OCD and ensured all my products were in the box before even using it. Before using it today, I ensured my hair wasn't washed for 2 days to ensure I built up more natural oils since I was bleaching it. While using this product, I did notice it was a tad more annoying on my scalp than normal. It was a sutle difference but I contributed that to maybe it's because I haven't did touchups in awhile. About 7 mins in to applying it it had really started to irritate me and I immediately removed the product cause then I knew that was very abnormal. Once I got the product off, I have come to realize that product so damaged my hair.my hair feels like hay. It's fried and my hair has broken near my ears on both sides half way down. My scalp is extremely sensitive right now, almost feels like a sunburn but in my head. I had hair falling out too. Like I'm so upset.. my ears are still very red, scalp is very sensitive and I've lost a lot of hair ..it's obvious by the lack of hair in many pics. Please advise at your earliest convenience

• Updated by Kimberly Bellucci · Sep 22, 2019

I also have burns on my ears and scalp.

clairol age defy hair dye

I used your Clairol age defy dark brown hair dye last night, woke up this morning in a natural light and it hasn't covered my grey, I usually use a £2 poly colour and this covers all my grey, as they had become more persistent I thought I would use a more expensive well known brand, especially designed for grey hair, I am very disappointed in this product, and would appreciate any feedback from yourself, all instructions were followed from the box, I just can't understand why it's not covered the grey like it should!!

Many thanks
Donna farmer

72 steppingstone place
Leighton buzzard
Lu7 3pt

nice and easy

I originally used Ultress and, when discontinued, started using Nice and Easy. PLEASE, CHANGE THE FORMULA BACK!!
Everything was fine for 25 years and now with the formula change I am very unhappy. First, there must be a chemical reaction since it feels hot on my head. I used #10, it is now 11.
Second, it has a gummy/greasy feel and conditioner does not change that. Hair feels damaged and "crispy". Have had problems over the last 3-4 months.
Third, I've always been complimented on the natural look - no more.
Fourth, I've had a pool for 18 years and have never had a problem with my hair turning green - it does now.
Resolution Requested - Go back to previous formula

Nice n easy permanent hair colour

I have been using this product for decades and stuck with the changes of numbers and names. I coloured my hair 4 weeks ago as usual and there was no change - I assumed I had mistimed the application. However I coloured my hair again this morning following my normal process and again no change. As you can imagine I am very disappointed as this product has been excellent over the years.
The numbers on the box are [protected] [protected] 10.
Could this be a faulty batch?

Gill Dunn
1 Cherry Orchard Lane
Towcester
Northants
NN12 6LW
[protected]

nice'n easy demi permanent hair colour

I have used this product, same colour for the last 5 years and have been happy with it. I bought this last one 2 days ago and have just applied it exactly the same as I have always done. The colour is advertised on the box as 'light warm brown' My hair has now turned a shocking shade of ginger!

I am horrified to say the least, it does not look anything like the colour advertised on the box or the colour I have had in the past, it is completely different.

I would like some form of compensation as I now need to seek professional advice to put this right.

• Updated by Maggiemcg · Jul 22, 2019

Clairol / Nice'n easy demi permanent hair colour

United Kingdom

nice n’ easy permanent black (2) hair dye

Hair dye was sealed;however, no gloves were included in the pack at all. The package had no damage at all, but gloves were missing. I've bought the same color multiple times from cvs and never had a problem and this is the first time this has ever happened. We ended up having to use kitchen gloves as no gloves were supplied in the pack. I've bought this dye multiple times and have never had this issue.

clairol root touch up

Hello
I am emailing to complain about your root touch up for black shades. I had everything ready last night and then realised there was no application brush. I did the best I could to mix and apply with my fingers but it went everywhere on my skin which I had to use a pumice stone to get it off. I have used the product many times and always had positive results but thos time im very dissapointed, I appreciate these thing's can happen just wanted to make you aware. The product no on the box is [protected] and on the information leaflet [protected].
Regards
Teresa nicholls

demi permanent colour grows out and not washes out as advertised

Morning I always use your product, the permanent one though, but the last year I tried to grow out my natural hair colour - which is salt en pepper now. So being bored with the...

clairol natural instincts hair color

I am a user of Natural Instincts for atleast 15 years. I have used your #18 for years (med golden brown) & the formula you had would cover my gray ( I am salt & pepper gray) with a final result that left the look of subtle golden highlights. It gave a healthy look, leaving my hair lightweight & full of body. However, your new formula, # 5G, may be similar in the color chart, but gives a very different result, which is quite a bit darker, & leaves my hair very heavy feeling, quite weighed down. I don't want to look elsewhere for my hair color. Clairol is long in the business, well established & trusted. Can you help me with some direction to get back my color & body?...I look forward to your response...thank you. Linda Ramsey. Email is [protected]@gmail.com

herbal essences renew arabica coffee fruit shampoo & conditioner

why is it so hardto purchase the clairol renew herbal essences arabica coffee fruit shampoo & conditioner in stores & online ???? you should have known that this product would be...

root touch up

Last week I went to Wal-Mart in Welland Ontario Canada and purchased root touch up as I have done many times before. Yesterday I went to do my roots and there was black goop coming out of the tube.. This is unacceptable and imagine if I used This on my hair I cringe to think of what the results would have been.
My name is Tannis Cain
Email [protected]@gmail.com
Phone [protected]

Good Afternoon,
I purchased Clairol Age Defy 8A Medium Ash Blonde today which states that it targets stubborn grey. I do not have many grey hairs so thought this would definitely do the trick. Although I am happy with the all over colour itself, my grey hairs are still there! I picked this for the promise on the pack, and paid more than some of the rival products on offer. I am really disappointed that, not only have I got to pay for another product, the damage to my hair having to be dyed again to get rid of the grey that is still there. I have coloured my own hair for years and always follow the steps included. I even liked that this product came with a pre-treatment serum, thinking this would boost the final effect but I am now not sure about this either. I will not bother buying this dye again as it clearly does NOT cover 100% grey NOR make it look 10 years younger!
I do hope someone will respond to this email with an adequate answer to my query.

Kind Regards
Anna McDonald

root touch up gel

I just used this product yesterday it immediately washed out of my hair this is never happened

I've been coloring my hair for 30 + years using Clairol products especially the root touchup traditional which works great 👍🏻

I read reviews and I wanted to try this gel but it was horrible I purchased a two pack from Amazon & I'm throwing them both out I think this is a terrible product I'm very unhappy as this is never happened and I just felt the need to send my concerns to you

root touch up gel

nice & easy hair color

I have been using the product for many years. However the last time I used this brand it must have been defective.
I colored my hair with Brown/Black which is darker than I normally used so it should have covered much better and longer.
This was used on May 24, 2019 and roots are already showing. I very disappointed that I purchase a subpar product and more disappointed that I may not have to research a more reliable product after so many years.

nice and easy 'dark brown' hair dye

I used the Nice and Easy hair dye last night in the shade 'dark brown'. My hair was a medium golden brown before I dyed it and it has went black. Nowhere near the dark brown shade described on the box and in the image. I now have to spend money, time and endure damage to my hair to try and lift it. Very, very disappointed and I would like to know why this has happened as it was not clearly advertised on the box that this product might turn my hair jet black? Completely unacceptable.

Hair dye nice and easy

241255 Hi, I brought an ash blond hair dye .A nice and easy one .I have blond hair but the roots were grey and now my hair has gone brown after using the dye, I'm so gutted. From the...

clairol root touch up gel

The first time I use this product it didn't work at all. I left it for a few weeks and I tried it a second time and I have no change in any of the greys that I'm trying to cover -...

natural instincts hair color - what a mess you've made of a good thing : (

Everyone hates the formula change!!! you're losing money / business as we all search for an alternative to natural instincts we've used for decades. Why did you change it? it...

clairol nice n easy hair color.

I have been using the same hair color for years 6.5G. today, there was black streaks in the color I just bought yesterday, and I shook the heck out of the bottle, way more than I ever had to before. My arm is sore from trying to mix it up. I don't know what it is, but I was afraid to use it so I tossed it. I thought I took a photo of the box, but evidently I didn't, but I do have photos of the black I'm talking about. Is this a common occurrence? I'm afraid to buy another box today to do my hair 😢

clairol nice n easy hair color.

nice and easy hair color natural darkest brown.

I have been using nice and easy natural darkest brown hair color for 15 years. It was amazing my hair was always beautiful healthy and shiny. The formula was changed and it is terrible! It is not at all the same my hair is darker brittle dull and damaged. I am so disappointed clairol bring back the old formula and bring back you customers! I'm off to try a new brand for now!