City Of Tshwane / miscellaneous charges on account bill

House number
1334 More Street
Ga-Rankuwa

To whom it may concern,
Can someone please explain, what is miscellaneous charges?
Now I am paying R1 206.85 of something that I don’t know.
I will also copy the ombudsman on this subject, plus we have been getting a lot of concern calls from ordinary people.
Please help us understand this thing that is milking us dry.

Mathews Mpete
[protected]
mmpete@dailysun.co.za

Ma
Oct 19, 2017

Comments

• To
      2nd of Nov, 2017

To whom it may concern:
    PLEASE assist me. As I don't get any feedback from customer-care department.
    Our Oct 2017 Tshwane account also has an amount of R5260-00 "Miscellaneous Charges" added.
    I tried to phone the customer-care no but was cut off numerous times with no explanation, now I can't get through to any of the tel numbers.
    Acc: 8001369471 Tiegervalley 19 Trust
    Please give ASAP feedback on this bigtom@vodamail.co.za
    Regards
    Tom de Waal

12th of Feb, 2018

I also have a same problem when I asked at municipality I was told that if there is a change when using the water that's when you have to pay miscellaneous my concern is that I'm always away due to work now I have been charged more for something I'm not using, municipality takes advantage and over charge people we need to come together and fight this it's not fair

12th of Feb, 2018

Now I get paid last day of the month municipality statement says I have to pay on the 26th February I called costomer service they say I can't decide on payment date so im asking myself hore who decides on this dates why was I consulted before deciding on that date? Now I don't know where will I get the money

• Wi
      15th of Apr, 2018

I moved into my father in law's house and it was owing R12000 and the previous owner had electricity meter bridge. I called City of Tshwane twice and they never came for assistance the only thing they did they added R20000 on what I owe. After going from Piller to post we decided to pay the amount outstanding via an agreement, we were told to pop out an huge amount that we don't even have. So I decided to pay R2000 every month and I get charged R1084.00 on Miscellaneous Charges, what is that?????????.
    If this goes on we need to make a plan this can't go on.

• Mr
      7th of May, 2018

Martin Mahlangu... 07th of May 2018

I am failing to understand how miscellaneous charges can be so high I was charged R36823.75 just a month ago and now it's R44696.51 . I want to understand how this happened . I think from now on if the manucipality still wants to send residents [censored] water and electricity statements there should also be a letter explaining how each charge came about. This is unacceptable. Instead of the government helping those that are unable to pay such they want to take more money. This is the reason why South Africa will always be spoken low of in other countries. The government is not our backbone just like other government in other countries are..

• Le
      4th of Sep, 2018

I'm also one of the confused people. My mother is 68 and staying alone in the house, . She comes Friday and leave Monday mornings evertytime. I was surprised when I got a municipal letter saying I must pay R2467 miscellaneous charges. I fail to understand how can a person staying alone, in fact a person who cones home only on weekends could spent so much in a month.

Why aren't this guys even responding!!!

• Th
      19th of Nov, 2018

I have the same issue regarding the miscellaneous charges . Tshwane does not care about their customers. You apply for a prepaid meter and you wait for more than two year so that they can bill you on estimates. I am not sure is there any one who have received feedback regarding their complaint.

Regards