Alabama Department Of Labor Logo

Alabama Department Of Labor

Having problems with Alabama Department Of Labor?

Alabama Department Of Labor Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Alabama Department Of Labor Customer Service. Initial Alabama Department Of Labor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Alabama Department Of Labor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Alabama Department Of Labor. Discuss the issues you have had with Alabama Department Of Labor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Alabama Department of LaborUnemployment

I lost my job and applied for unemployment aug 11, 2020. It is now Dec 30 2020 and I have been filing for my weekly benefits up to this time. I am told every time that this week will be a holding week and have let to receive any benefits. I have called constantly and only got in contact with them 2 times, none have been able to tell me why I haven't received anything.

Nov 29, 2020

Alabama Department of Labor — Back payment not received

I applied for unemployment when I couldn't work due to the covid pandemic, I was finally approved...

Alabama Department of LaborThe massive amount of time to process an appeal

My husband's name is Christopher S Brewer. Our address is 3665 Alabama Highway 68 W Sand Rock AL 35983. He filed an appeal with the Alabama Dept. of Labor July 1, 20. The appeal was sent certified mail and it was received July 5, 20. Every time he calls, some one tells him "oh we are behind we will get to it when we can". I worked for the State of Georgia for 14 years and was proud to be a public servant. My husband has not been employed since April of 20. He filed unemployment at that time. He has applied for numerous jobs to no avail. We have used all of our savings and we have borrowed over 3000.00 just to pay our bills and buy groceries. I work in the ER at Floyd in Cedartown. I have worked thru this pandemic on the front lines.. We need the appeal processed this is a ridiculous amount of time to wait it has been 3 months since the appeal was filed.

Alabama Department of LaborUnemployment

today date: 6/12/2020 filed for unemployment and approved in march 2020.
      received letter of approval in may 2020.
      I called every day to get a pin so i could update weekly and could not get on phone with no one. few time i was put on hold and call timed out and dropped.
      I have applied weekly for jobs since unemployed.
      So today I finally got someone on the phone and she says sorry, have to open new claim because you didnt file weelky updates.
      WHAT?
      So as I starve, you have robbed me of the benefits from several months?
      I have all my data to prove job searches and applying.
      Tried to find phone number of management and leaders to call for help, well they have hidden all that.

Please help!!!

Alabama Department of LaborUnemployment

Due to covid-19 my employer required each employer to take 10 days furlough. I tried to file a claim and I was mailed a form informing me to take it to a medical doctor to show I had been out of work due to health issues. I have called numerous times and never could get anyone. Today (June 9, 2020) I called and finally got someone to answer and she informs me to much time has passed and I can not get back pay. My employer says this is not correct. I have had to furlough every Friday from April 3 with it ending Friday, June 5.

Apr 02, 2020

Alabama Department of Labor — Humane society pet rescue and adoption center

I Sandra E. Coppolo, was hired on or about April 2014. I was employed with out issue until about October of...

Alabama Department of LaborUnfair wages

I have been working for Ascent Hospitality for 9 years. It started with the Hampton Inn in Hope Hull, Ala. Three years ago, the owner John Tampa wanted me to take the Fairfield Inn and Suites next door. He made me take the second hotel for only $8, 000 dollars for the second hotel for three years. February 26, 2020 her hired a new GM for the Fairfield and paying her $55, 000 just for the one hotel. I feel this has been unfair labor wages. He also has another GM in Saraland and doing her the same way. Paying her $60, 000 for two hotels and the GM before her was making $65, 000 for one hotel. Please let me know what can be done about these unfair wages.
          Thanks, Ron Jenkins My phone number is [protected].

Aug 13, 2019

Alabama Department of Labor — unemployment status/waiting week notification

During my employer's 4th of July week shut down for 2019 I should have received a "Waiting Week" letter from...

Jun 27, 2019

Alabama Department of Labor — company not legal

Eason Metal Roofing is doing business without a license, WC, Insurance, filing taxes or any legal operation...

Alabama Department of Labormy son worked for over 3 weeks at a construction site and received little to no compensation.

He started working for a company that I have found out does construction all over the Cullman and Blount Counties. The company has a name but no license to work under the company name of D & H Contracting. The owner brags about all his tens of thousands of dollar deals but he will not pay his workers whom he solicits off of social media. My son has been one of these persons. Every week he states they work per job. But when the job is complete, they never get paid. My son had to call for 2 days straight to get this person to pay the 200.00 dollars and then I text him from my sons phone and told him I would be taking action against him. The next day he payed him 80.00. This has happened to 4 men on a crew since he worked there. HE NEVER PAYS THE WAGES TO THE EMPLOYEES. He finds men who in dire straits, then preys upon them due to their circumstances. He advertises 10.00 and works them 8-10 hour days and then will not pay them! I rarely do this( report folks to boards) but this has made my blood boil. These men are doing hard labor and not getting anything in return. The employers name is Dustin Ragsdale. He lives in Blount County. The last day my son worked for him, the man had them putting a new roof on his home( in unsafe conditions in the rain) but at the end of the day, he leaves and the laborers do not get paid. My son was so mad he went to his truck and sat for the last 2 hours and refused to do anymore after he almost fell off the roof. And then he tells my son he is not paying him because he didn't work. The 2 other men that work with my son are in dire straights. One man lives in a "cabin" with no electricity or running water. The other has to sleep in his truck because he has no money to even get a room. I keep calling for someone to help me with this situation, but there is only so much the BBB and the Alabama construction Board can do. I pray that there is justice served on this man for the things he is doing and getting away with! I work as an RN in a office. My son is not in that situation but I feel like this man needs to be stopped and reprimanded for his actions of what he is doing to people who are struggling to make an honest living and because of men like him. He is also doing sub-standard work on the homes. He is using substandard and used material but charging full price. He is pocketing the money that is suppose to be paid to the laborers and workers. He will not respond to their calls or text and tells them that "when the checks clear he will pay". These men have not been paid corrected for weeks. Would you work digging ditches by hand for 2 days and putting on a slippery roof in the rain and work 5 days a week 8-10 hour days for 200.00. That's it ! 200.00 and says that is all that is owed to them. I wouldn't work for that! My son is 19 years old and men like this man make construction look bad. He will not only not pay them but tell them if they will go back to work he will pay them "all the money on Saturday or Sunday" when that time comes. He can't be found. EVER!!

Jan 17, 2019

Alabama Department of Labor — salary and commission paid employees

Over the last two years I have worked as a Media Sales Consultant with WDFX Fox 34 television station (Raycom...

Alabama Department of Labor — a restaurant named rolo's in huntsville

My daughter was fired from this restaurant for supposedly not telling the truth on how cinnamon rolls were...

Alabama Department of Labor — Deducting fed and state tax garnishment

According to al. Unemployment I received a check for 370 after I went back to work. I disputed it but of...

Alabama Unemployment — Unemployment benefits STILL NOT RECEIVED

My name is Marsha D. Brown and I lost my job due to the April 27 tornadoes and have yet to receive my...