CitiMortgage / getting insurance money

1 Springfield, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-844-2198

I am having great difficulty getting the insurance money I sent Citimortgage, along with a whole ream of forms. They basically took the check and are sitting on it. Meanwhile, I have a house with a damaged roof from Hurricane Ike that I can not get repaired after almost 3 months because the money is being held hostage by the mortgage company. Each time I call, I get a different run-around. They tell me they are protecting their investment, but they are keeping me from repairing my house. Is there no one who can do anything about this?

Ma

Comments

• Ke
      9th of Dec, 2008

We have rec. our first draw, but now we are fighting for our second draw so we can get our roof on. I have been fighting back and forth with them since 11/22/08 and we still have nothing. So now we are taking it a step futher and hiring and attorney to help us out. Everyday that I called I got a different story and a different lie. So it only gets worse.

• La
      10th of Feb, 2009

I live in Nassau Bay Texas a few blocks from Clear Lake. I am one of the lucky ones that did not loose my home to Herricane Ike however I did have sever roof damage and damage to other things as well.

I received the Insurance claim checks from the insurance company and in accordance with the directions I receivbed on the WWW.mylossdraft.com website, I sent the check to CITIMortgage Inc. and now I cannot find out anything about what is going on with the Insurance Money from the Policy I pay for (NOT CITI MORTGAGE).

It feels like I just threw the check away when I sent it to CITI. I have six written estimates to accomplish repair of my roof, fence and lighting systems. I am ready to negotiate with the roofers and start the job. CITI is holding up the repair in their infinate wisdom, demagogery and incompetance.

Does anyone know a phone number to call and obtain status?

Please advise.

Larry Jones

• La
      10th of Feb, 2009

I'm pissed! !!!

• Ta
      6th of Dec, 2010

Can not get an inspection done on my partially repaired house. House was damaged by fire. 1st inspection was asked for on 11-22-10 and ordered on 11-23-10. As of 12-6-10 there has been no inspection and I have called several times and all I get is how sorry everyone at Citimortgage is but it just doesn't get done. Meanwhile the contractor has pulled his crew off the job site because he just cannot stick anymore money into the project without getting some payment. While this is all happening, I am living in cramped rented quarters with 3 children and now it seems it is going to take even longerto get back in my house. Isn't there someone at Citimortgage that can get this done? HELP ME! Tanja McMillan Jamestown, ND

• Re
      3rd of Mar, 2011

I just received a check from my insurance to fix my roof. I have had to have an attorney to fight Citi on another matter, and was not about to send them this check. Guess its back to my attorney, because I know exactly what these people meant about all Citi's promises, double talk, lies, and silence. Why with all the other things our government buts into, do they do nothing to control these parasites!!! Oh, maybe they(including the insurances companies) are all getting our money. We sure aren't!!!