CitiMortgage / escrow real estate taxes

1 NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 520-662-8989 x47431

Back in April of 2009 we recevied our tax bill I had questions and called out tax board in our county and told them my question and the answered it I told them I would see them on Monday. My husband and I went down on Monday and found out that some stupid bean counter in citimortgage took out a proptry that was to be in out mortgage escorw account and put another one in that we bought the end of last year without any notice to us. This is now June 25 2009 and I am still trying to talk to someone.

Out of fustration and crying my blood sugars are now very high and the dr wants to put me on med and I will not go on them because one phone call from a person called Brook would lower them.

After two months of CS crap I finaly told them they had two weeks to get this straght or they would be talking to a lawyer and then we would see how fast this would be taken care of, I was put on hold for a few min. and then Brook came on line. I told her all that had happend and was put on hold again, when she came back I told her about the two week plan and she told me that it would all be taken care of by June 15, 2009.

I waited for her call on the 15 and nothing, I called her and two days later she called but I was not home she told my husband that thing were made right and by the end of the month the county would have the money and that if I had any more questions please call her back. I have questions and I have called her three time with no calls back from Brook.

This is a load of crap. I am still waiting to find out what property is in my Escrow account and have they asked for the money back for the property they paid on and what was my total tax bill this year. I know next year will be different because we encluded two of the three property we bought last year into the one they took out this year.

I know this story will be the same next year come tax time. but I am 62 and I want to see lots more birthday without all the fuss from this dam company they are getting as bad as B/A.

Comments

• Dm
      26th of Jun, 2009

I am having the very same issue right now. I cannot get anyone to help me!!! What do we do?? Where do we go?? Citimortgage paid a tax that was not even for my property and it was 3 times what my normal tax will be. The County is suppose to be sending them the portion back that was over paid however, what am I suppose to do in the mean time??? Who can afford a $2000 house payment in which they went up on due to the erroneous tax payment. I have gotten a lawyer involved and that doesn't seem to make a difference. I cannot get past a customer service representative to speak to anyone in authority...What are we to do?

• Su
      15th of Sep, 2009

Has anyone had anything resolved from Citi? I have the same problem...it has been going on for 2 years... I am now so stressed out and on stress meds...My house note has Doubled because of this Tax issue and Citi just paying...
    Help!!!

• Sw
      30th of Jan, 2011

It's time to file a federal complaint against Citi. Go to the website of the Comptroller of the Currency and of the FTC; both have complaint forms. Visit the website of your Secretary of State; there should be resources there to report mortgage fraud. That's what this is - FRAUD. Before you start on the forms, write out a simplified timeline of what happened to you - it will make filling out the forms easier. Citi doesn't care if we sue them; they have dozens of attorneys on staff. What they DON'T want is to have to defend countless federal complaints. Make the effort, and make Citi pay!