CitiMortgage / outsourcing is the biggest mistake made in america

This is ridiculous.

Every time I call Citimortgage to discuss my account, I get some foreigner who barely speaks English. They don't understand my issue and/or concern and what *** me off the most is the fact that they can only respond with what’s on the paper in front of them.

It's one thing to service your customers by being attentive and addressing there concerns, but its a whole other thing when you "know" a person is reading from a script and repeating themselves over and over again.

Totally *** me off - I live in America not India!

Va

Comments

7th of Jun, 2008

I've consistently received poor customer service from Citimortgage and find the foreign customer service staff very frustrating to deal with. They do not appear to understand my midwestern accent, I guess, as they usually answer questions I am not asking. They will also try to take advantage of you if you try to delete (eliminate) their escrowing your property taxes. They will tell you there will be a fee for this and they don't want to say what the fee is over the phone. If you get tired of their games, ask to speak to a supervisor. I did this, told them if they are going to charge a fee to delete my escrow account, that I will just refinance with a company that doesn't require that I escrow my taxes. Suddenly, the supervisor will respond with "there is no fee". I got that resolved, was still tired of the offshore customer service and moved the business to Countrywide. There I can call, they are Americans speaking English and they address questions promptly and accurately. Hopefully their customer service won't go downhill with the Bank of America buying them out.

• Me
      15th of Sep, 2008

You are correct. When calling you ask to speak to a rep. in the USA. This will get you transferred back here. But the customer service is still lousy. I have an ongoing issue with a tax payment not made. Been at this since July and it's now thru Sept. I wouldn't recommend Citi, due to no customer service.