CitiMortgage / overcharged

United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-283-7918

I have a second mortgage with these bandits in the amount of $82, 616.49 which I think my wife arranged several years a go. I'm not sure what the beginning amount was, because she paid all the bills. She has recently passed away and now I am paying the bills. The interest rate on this note is 9.9% which is a total scam. My payment is $736.54 of which $48.76 is for principle and the rest is interest. I have tried every way possible to reach Citimortgage without any result. I spent 28 minutes on hold today after which they disconnected me, I also tried their Web site which they say is not working at this time. All I am trying to do is possibly refinancing this note to a more reasonable interest rate. The problem is that they do not respond to any inquires.
Va

Comments

Be
  2nd of Dec, 2008
You don't have to refinance with them. Go to a local bank get the money from them and pay off the loan. See how they contact you when they lose all that interest.
Mc
  29th of Dec, 2008
CitiMortgage doesn't refi second mortgages, it never has. They only do first.
Your loan was written with another mortgage company and then sold to CitiMortgage.
If you are looking to refi a second mortgage, you'll need to contact their sister company, CitiBank. Under the Citigroup umbrella they're the main ones to contact. or goto CitiBank.com and fill out an application there.

CitiMortgage Logo CitiMortgage